For some reason everybody is worried about our backup situation. Well lets see!

1. The Steelers have, in my opinion, the toughest QB in the league starting every game with Big Ben.

2. I have no problem with us re-signing Charlie Batch as our backup now that Byron is with Tampa Bay. He knows our playbook up and down, and as far as I am concerned, performed as well as anybody when he had to come in for Ben.

3. Dennis Dixon is only going into his 2nd season and most everybody still has ???s about if he could come in because he is more of an athlete than a pure QB.

So here's my thing... we don't want to spend a high draft pick on a QB, so what about a tall guy that was projected a lot higher a couple seasons ago? This guy has a good arm, was projected higher before injuries and playing in a run run then pass offense, and struggling his senior season with a new coach and offense! This guy is...

Stephen McGee of Texas A&M! I really liked him his first 3 years down there. He is projected to go anywhere between round 6 to rookie free agent! We get a 5th round comp pick that we could use or any of our other picks after that. It couldn't hurt and we can put him on the practice squad if we do re-sign Charlie....

What do you all think???