Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If Harrison Does Not Sign an Extension...?

Bookmark and Share
    Rookie Free Agent

If Harrison Does Not Sign an Extension...?

K and Darnik have been quite dismissive of Michael Johnson, but if Harrison does not sign an extension, is Johnson an attractive choice at #32 (since he won't last until #6).

My Mood
    Impatient
    I dont really want to think about Harrison not signing. I know that the Steelers are really good about replacing linebackers, but there is something about him I really like. I like his leadership and how inspiring he has to be to undrafted and late round picks. He seems to have an amazing work ethic. I know he is older and all that stuff, but I still want him to be signed.

Rookie Free Agent
    I'd like to see them keep him, too, but the original question remains.

If they can't, won't, or he doesn't........., what about Micheal Johnson (whom I see as an OLB until he can bulk up to a DE)?

The Steelers hardly ever draft LB's in the first. Timmons was the last and he was a huge reach. They took him 15th overall and he still hasn't started a game. He didn't even work out at the position they drafted him as. Before that it was Huey Richardson in I think 1992 (or around that time). He was a bust, out of the league in a hurry.

The Steelers already have his replacement, Bruce Davis. He was a 3rd round pick last year and will be in his 3rd year in 2010. That's the Steelers forumula. Jason Gildon took over for Greg Lloyd in almost an identical scenario.

My Mood
    Impatient
    Just because Timmons didnt start doesnt make him a reach. He was injured doing the first week of camp and took quite a while to heal. Timmons was not a reach. In fact, he can play either inside or outside makes him even more valuable and LeBeau said that Timmons is the best pash rushing linebacker in the group. He could have started last year, but I think the kept Foote for a few reasons reasons, but I think the #1 Timmons was the best OLB back-up they had.

Now, as far as Johnson, not sure he would be the best pick for what you are saying. I think he would either need to bulk up and be a DE or stay OLB. But, I am on the fence with this guy. Not sure I think he is worth a first round.

Rookie Free Agent
    OK, he won't last, but I'm ready to take M. Johnson at #64 in Round 2.

timmons was valued as a mid first round pick....taking him at 15 wasnt a reach, it was his projection

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I wouldn't complain if the Steelers drafted Larry English at 32....Even with Harrison under contract it still would be wise to have a young pass rusher ready to step in and I really like English...He reminds me of LaMarr Woodley.......I doubt English is drafted but he is a name to consider at 32....I'm not giving up on Bruce Davis either but I believe just like Tomlin believes that you can never have enough pass rushers.....

english is an option and so is sintim, sintim played in a 34 at virginia but i think hes a little overrated. i really think that everette brown might be an option there too

Steel City Mafia # 632

UPDATE

Looks like the deal is almost done....

KDKA-TV's Bob Pompeani has learned the Steelers and All-Pro Linebacker James Harrison are very close to a new contract.

Harrison's agent Bill Parise tells KDKA-TV Sports a deal could be completed as soon as the beginning of next week.

There's still no word on the exact length of a potential new contract for Harrison, but the total dollar value is believed to be around $45 million.

A portion of that total would be guaranteed money.

"He's running around there, running his mouth, doing all that, but if you watch him on film and really look, where was Ray Lewis? He was nowhere to be found. I could have tackled the water boy and had as many tackles as him. He didn't do nothing today. He's all mouth. When you talk like that, that's what happens: You get hit in the mouth. He's over there crying now, thinking about what went wrong. You got your *** whipped, that's what." ~ Peazy

Thread Information