Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT's in Round 4 or beyond??

Bookmark and Share
    Rookie Free Agent

OT's in Round 4 or beyond??

If we grab a CB or DE in Rounds 1 and 2, we have to be looking for an OT in rounds four, five, or beyond.

In no particular order, who is your choice from among these five OTs? (Pick two, if you think it's right.)

--Lydon Murtha
    --Joel Bell
    --Gerald Cadogon
    --Xavier Fulton
    --Cornelius Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by DCBill View Post
    If we grab a CB or DE in Rounds 1 and 2, we have to be looking for an OT in rounds four, five, or beyond.

In no particular order, who is your choice from among these five OTs? (Pick two, if you think it's right.)

--Lydon Murtha
    --Joel Bell
    --Gerald Cadogon
    --Xavier Fulton
    --Cornelius Lewis
    murtha sucks.

lewis all day

Rookie Free Agent
    Thanks.

I'll be sure to tell Murtha and his mother what you think.

How about any of the others, Joel Bell as a late round pick?

seriously? between stapleton, kemoeatu, legursky, cappizzi, essex and you dont think we have enough offensive line bums and/or failures on our line?

Rookie Free Agent
    Yes, I don't think we have enough "talent."

i certainly would spend a high draft pick (one or two) on an O-lineman and another mid-round pick on the OL, too.

Mack or Beatty (#1) and your guy Lewis (4th Round) , along with WR/KR Mike Thomas (3rd Round) and DE Jarron Gilbert (2nd) would work for me.

CB and S with Fifth Round picks (regular and comp) and
    fill in the blanks with the three remaining "needs" in sixth and seventh rounds (Summers, a NT, and and what have you).

Then sign college 10-15 FAs, one or two of whom will make team and/or PS and go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by DCBill View Post
    Yes, I don't think we have enough "talent."

i certainly would spend a high draft pick (one or two) on an O-lineman and another mid-round pick on the OL, too.

Mack or Beatty (#1) and your guy Lewis (4th Round) , along with WR/KR Mike Thomas (3rd Round) and DE Jarron Gilbert (2nd) would work for me.

CB and S with Fifth Round picks (regular and comp) and
    fill in the blanks with the three remaining "needs" in sixth and seventh rounds (Summers, a NT, and and what have you).

Then sign college 10-15 FAs, one or two of whom will make team and/or PS and go from there.
    i really dont get the love for mack....he will be the 3rd center taken and none will be taken in the first. beatty i could live with even though hes a project. gilbert will have to be had at 32 at this point. mike thomas is a guy i love, beefy like steve smith and not a pussy like roscoe parrish or sinorice moss, could play outside in the NFL. summers is almost a lock which is stupid since he would probably go undrafted if we didnt value him so high for some reason. sammie lee hill will get some serious consideration from us in the 3rd/4th round at NT

Draft Pick
    Screw our needs. The later rounds is about bpa. I too like Hill and Summers, but if there is a guy graded higher take him.

Rookie Free Agent
    I like Mack for hsi versatility (he can all three Oline positions) and see him in Pittsbrugh, concentrating on one but backing up at two others.

One argument used against him is that he's a "copy cat" choice, meaning most of the mocks, written by amateurs and fans, have him because others have him.

I never have seen in play in person, but he appears as a "high pick" on "professional" mocks, as well, i.e. ESPN, SN, NFL, CBS, etc. etc. as the more common ones.

A whole bunch of knowledgible people (not talking about amateur draftniks) like him for some reason.

He does not have the look of another "Jamian Stephens" to me.

you have never seen him play? well i consider that a problem. If youve ever seen a first round center like nick mangold play you understand why hes a first round center, hes a master of the position. versatile offensive lineman are scrubs most of the time because they arent good at any one position...sean mahan for example. mack is nowhere near being on the level he needs to be to be taken in the first, honestly i would be hesistant to take him at 64

Eh, I like Mack. He is good in pass pro and good in run blocking. I've talked to several people who will know more about the draft than I ever will, and they still value him as the top center, with Unger the 3rd or 4th and Wood 2nd.

Thread Information