Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Leftwich gone

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Impatient

Leftwich gone

ESPN is reporting that Leftwich signed two years with the Bucs. I expect Batch to sign now on Monday.

It will be intersting to see the terms of contract if it's true...

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

My Mood
    Chatty
    Can't blame him, he'll probably start there...

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

My Mood
    Impatient
    Yeah, now that its on ESPN's website they are saying that he just adds depth. But Leftwich said he wants to play backup for the Steelers. So, either he got a lot more money, or they said he could compete for the starting position, which I think he has a chance at in Tampa.

Awaiting Seven...
    Even though I'm saddened to see him go, Byron showed last year that he deserves another opportunity to be a starter in this league. Best of luck to Byron, I hope he becomes the number one quarterback in Tampa next season.

Free-agent quarterback Byron Leftwich has agreed to a two-year deal with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, a source told ESPN's Michael Smith.

The Washington Redskins and Pittsburgh Steelers also were interested in Leftwich, who joins a depth chart in Tampa that includes Luke McCown, Josh Johnson, and Brian Griese.

Leftwich, 29, a first-round draft pick by the Jacksonville Jaguars out of Marshall in 2003, won a Super Bowl ring last season as a backup with the Steelers.

The 6-foot-5, 250-pounder has started just eight games since 2006, his last season with the Jaguars. He played for the Atlanta Falcons in 2007.

Leftwich passed for 303 yards with two touchdowns in five appearances with the Steelers last season as Ben Roethlisberger's backup.

Rest of story

General consenus around here seems to be that he will replace Griese as backup.

My Mood
    Ratbirds

Leftwich signs with Tampa Bay

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4062212

Free-agent quarterback Byron Leftwich has agreed to a two-year deal with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, a source told ESPN's Michael Smith.

The Washington Redskins and Pittsburgh Steelers also were interested in Leftwich, who joins a depth chart in Tampa that includes Luke McCown, Josh Johnson, and Brian Griese.

Leftwich, 29, a first-round draft pick by the Jacksonville Jaguars out of Marshall in 2003, won a Super Bowl ring last season as a backup with the Steelers.

The 6-foot-5, 250-pounder has started just eight games since 2006, his last season with the Jaguars. He played for the Atlanta Falcons in 2007.

Leftwich passed for 303 yards with two touchdowns in five appearances with the Steelers last season as Ben Roethlisberger's backup.

It was just reported by Michael Smith that former Steeler QB Byron Leftwich signs a 2 year deal with the Bucs, joining the QB fray and leaving the defending World Champions.

It looks like he knows that unless Big Ben gets hurt, Byron will always be a backup and still desires to be a starter. He has the talent to be a good NFL Quarterback, as he showed vs. Washington, but he is young enough to play another 10 years and do not want to be relegated to career backup yet....
    Last edited by Callax; 04-12-2009 at 12:09 PM.
    Oakland, Where Careers Go To Die!!!!!

http://myxilplik.mybrute.com

http://tironne.mybrute.com

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Griese probably will be gone now....Luke McCown and Leftwich will battle it out for the starting spot...Josh Johnson is a young QB with some upside.....

Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar
    Possibly a fatal mistake ... better hope and pray Homestead Charlie still has an arm and some wheels.
    "The most interesting man on SA ... stay thirsty my friends"

Gold Standard
    Batch was only a suitable substitute when the Bus was still with us and we were a running team. Now that we are becoming a passing team under BA due to our offensive lines problems holding blocks more than a second, Batch is not well suited to run our offense. I would rather see Dennis Dixon getting the reps. He is young, fast, and has a good arm. With our offensive line mobility is a prerequisite.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

Thread Information