Thread: K Trains new steeler mock

Bookmark and Share

K Trains new steeler mock

I was bored....this draft would make me happy beyond belief...ingram is kind of a curve ball but it would make sense as far as a pass catching TE, summers i dont want but all signs lead to him being a late round pick.

1st Jarron Gilbert DE San Jose
    2nd Cornelius Lewis OT/OG Tenn St
    3rd Cornelius Ingram TE Florida
    4th Mike Thomas WR Arizona
    5th Domonique Johnson CB Jackson St
    5th Sammie Lee Hill NT Stillman
    6th Tyronne Green OG Auburn
    7th Frank Summers FB UNLV

I love Ingram. He was my top TE for much of last year and coming into this season. That said, I really, really doubt the Steelers would draft him.

I love Mike Thomas, but I doubt he'll be there at the end of the 4th. He could go as high as late 2nd IMO. I don't even think he'll be an option for the Steelers in the 3rd. My last mock had him going 66th overall.

Cornelius Lewis may be there in the 3rd. I had him 93rd overall in my last mock.

No way Tyronne Greene is there in the 6th. He looks like a solid 3rd round pick to me. His measurable are the only thing that will keep him out of the 2nd.

I wouldn't hate this draft by any means, I just don't see it as realistic. Some of it would be if you just rearranged some of the rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by darnik44 View Post
    I love Ingram. He was my top TE for much of last year and coming into this season. That said, I really, really doubt the Steelers would draft him.

I love Mike Thomas, but I doubt he'll be there at the end of the 4th. He could go as high as late 2nd IMO. I don't even think he'll be an option for the Steelers in the 3rd. My last mock had him going 66th overall.

Cornelius Lewis may be there in the 3rd. I had him 93rd overall in my last mock.

No way Tyronne Greene is there in the 6th. He looks like a solid 3rd round pick to me. His measurable are the only thing that will keep him out of the 2nd.

I wouldn't hate this draft by any means, I just don't see it as realistic. Some of it would be if you just rearranged some of the rounds.
    oh i know....alot of them are long shots to be there, these are my guys though lol...this is like best case scenerio.

I think TE is a possible option, especially if ingram falls to the third. spaeth has sucked and miller will be a FA....its something that needs to be addressed. Ingram is almost 100% pass catching so it would be like a kellen winslow type weapon for us.

i think we will make a hard push for mike thomas in an earlier round than i have him going

My Mood
    Ratbirds

I don't think Pitt will need to reach for him in the 3rd... He tore an ACL and some teams are injury wary.... Speath dropped to 3rd round due to shoulder injury, he was mackey award winner (best TE in College)
    I think Thomas would be a nice addition, ya never know how things play out..
    Oakland, Where Careers Go To Die!!!!!

http://myxilplik.mybrute.com

http://tironne.mybrute.com

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    I was bored....this draft would make me happy beyond belief...ingram is kind of a curve ball but it would make sense as far as a pass catching TE, summers i dont want but all signs lead to him being a late round pick.

You forgot our 2nd 7th round pick!
    Check out my post on the War Room board about a possible Message Board Mock Draft...it'll be fun!!!

oh i know....alot of them are long shots to be there, these are my guys though lol...this is like best case scenerio.

I think TE is a possible option, especially if ingram falls to the third. spaeth has sucked and miller will be a FA....its something that needs to be addressed. Ingram is almost 100% pass catching so it would be like a kellen winslow type weapon for us.

i think we will make a hard push for mike thomas in an earlier round than i have him going
    I don't think Spaeth has done all that bad, he just hasn't been asked to do a whole lot. I expect Heath Miller to be a priority to resign.

I don't think Spaeth has done all that bad, he just hasn't been asked to do a whole lot. I expect Heath Miller to be a priority to resign.
    I totally agree with you... i think as good as miller is, he is so underused/undervalued (as compared to guys like Gates, Gonzo, D-Clark, Daniels and Winslow) that he SHOULDN'T command top TE $ in his FA year! As far as Spaeth, the only reason i see him leaving is lack of oppourtunity here, because IMO his talent could be used in a passing system. He has the size, speed and hands to be a threat in the NFL... its a shame we have little use for him in this offense. But, if we don't draft a WR who can contribute quickly, he may see slot more balls this season!!! Which is fine by me, dude is a diamond in the ruff!

a guy like ingram would be forced into the passing game though....when hes on the field he would be a reciever. spaeth is usually a blocker and a bad one at that....the constant extra threat would be nice imo

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad

I would love this draft.........The Ingram pick would be a curve ball but a curve ball that I wouldn't complain at all about.....Heath Miller is a free agent in 2010.....I think he will be resigned but you never know.....That is why I wouldn't rule out a TE in the first round....I think it would be a long shot of the Steelers drafting a TE at pick 32 but you never know....Gilbert, Lewis, Ingram, Thomas, Johnson, Hill are all players that I like very much....I also like Green and Summers especially that late.....But I doubt Green will be there....

Rookie Free Agent
    I'd flip your third and fourth choices and, remember, we have two picks in the seventh (16th, I think, and 32).

Thread Information