Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NO contract offer to Leftwich...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel

NO contract offer to Leftwich...

as reported by kffl.com...

Steelers | No offer extended to Leftwich
    Sat, 04 Apr 2009 11:02:06 -0700

Ed Bouchette, of The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, reports free-agent QB Byron Leftwich (Steelers) has not received a contract offer from the Pittsburgh Steelers thus far. The Steelers are interested in re-signing him and free-agent QB Charlie Batch.

Redskins | Talking contract with Leftwich
    Sat, 04 Apr 2009 11:02:34 -0700

Ed Bouchette, of The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, reports free-agent QB Byron Leftwich (Steelers) visited with the Washington Redskins Friday, April 3, and the two are discussing a contract.
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

as much i i would want him back and i think he might come back, i think he would really really love playing for his homwtown team more

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    as much i i would want him back and i think he might come back, i think he would really really love playing for his homwtown team more

I think that depends if they'll start him. If he's just going to be a back up he might stay where he's at. Steelers have a good chance to repeat. I'm sure lefty would like another sb ring.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the united steeler nation.
    And to the franchise for which it stands. One nation of domination
    With the ability to crush you all.

Quote Originally Posted by steelers4life66 View Post
    I think that depends if they'll start him. If he's just going to be a back up he might stay where he's at. Steelers have a good chance to repeat. I'm sure lefty would like another sb ring.
    the redskins have been trying to deal campbell so he would at the very least be given a chance to compete

My Mood
    Addicted
    the redskins have been trying to deal campbell so he would at the very least be given a chance to compete
    He'll probably go then. I'd like to see him stay but if he's got a chance to start. I say he's gone. Don't have much faith in Charlie anymore. Last few times he's play didn't think he did much.

charlie is a bum i would be pissed if he made the roster....if leftwich is gone, its dixons turn

My Mood
    Addicted
    charlie is a bum i would be pissed if he made the roster....if leftwich is gone, its dixons turn
    I like Dixon. Thought he did good in the preseason. I know he's got a good arm he can chunk that ball down field with minimal effort.

batch is old and battered with his better days in the rear view, but he is no bum its just time to step aside, maybe try his hand at a assitant coach job or something
    Last edited by Silverback 92; 04-04-2009 at 08:41 PM.

Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy
    I just read an article about Dixon a few days ago and how they already have him and Sweed working together to help bring them both up to game speed etc etc. I wish i had the link but ya, I think its best that Batch release those reigns and let a younger guy come in and learn the ropes from a back-up perspective and go on being a Coach if that's what he so disires to be.

Batch helped us and he was enough to get us by but he's no starter and he's not getting any younger....
    With all the time he spent on the sidelines(Injuried or not) he needs to get payed helping the young bucks.....
    "It is hard to wait around for something that you know may never happen;but it's even harder to let go when it's everything you want"
    -unknown

The Steelers need to get a back up Q.B. in the mold of Roethlisberger. I would like them to look at Jeff Garcia. I know he's a west coast offense guy but he has the mobility to work behind this line, like Ben does. If Ben went down in week 1, we as fans are in for a long season if our options are Leftwich, Batch, or Dixon. Leftwich is good for a half of a game, the second game, he would be game planned against and killed. I don't think Batch is an option at this point. Dixon has no experience and would be awful. I say, let Leftwich leave, hire Batch as an assistant to Ken Anderson, keep Dixon (3rd. string) and bring a new guy in. Not a new guy as in rookie, just new to us, someone with mobility and experience.

Thread Information