Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Haters at work

Bookmark and Share
    Rookie Free Agent 0311grunt4ever's Avatar

Haters at work

Where I work, there is much to hate about the Pittsburgh Steelers.

This happens to be the DC Metro Area (Quantico), and of course, it's also "Redskin Nation".
    I constantly have to defend my Steelers paraphenalia in my office (an entire 12 month Big Ben calender, a Terrible Towel hanging on the wall, a picture of the Steelers home game at FedEx Field BWAHAHAH), and the heckling is periodic, but sometimes fun because it's easy to stand your ground against these clowns.

Originally an Ohio Valley guy, they just can't seem to understand my allegience to the Black and Gold. How can you NOT understand it, I say.

All I hear on the radio is "why can't the Skins do this", or "why can't they get their management on the level of Steelers, or the Pats?" and "Hail to the Redskins"

Humorous if anything.

For all of us in Steeler Nation that were forced or chose to migrate elsewhere, what form does YOUR heckling take? Or even better, how do you throw it back at 'em?

Just wanna hear your thoughts

Semper Fidelis
    "Change we can believe in"-I just hope this is the CHANGE you wanted. Good luck America.

My Mood
    Chatty
    Just show them a pic of the nice shiny 6 Lombardis we have!!!

A little sumpthin like this....

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

That's outstanding.

Though I do have a pic of the 6 pack of Lombardi's on my wall
    "Change we can believe in"-I just hope this is the CHANGE you wanted. Good luck America.

My Mood
    Chatty
    Well can you imagine the razzin I got when Superbowl was here in Tampa and the Steelers were in it and I live in Tampa???? well everyone knows my cubicle because it's decked out in Black and Gold, pics etc. Everyone was jumping on the Cards bandwagon of course "buzz...buzz...tweet...tweet" but when we won and I got back towork.....it was pure silence.....what happened???

NO one says a word to me now..... they know better....we are champions!!!

Just ask them how man Lombardi's they have??? They'll shut up!!

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

Oh yes...

The Cards bandwagon was in full effect here too.

Fitzgerald and Boldin were supposedly gonna burn up the Steelers D no matter what.

And also, Ben was "supposedly" an overrated QB. No love for the heroes!

I would always come back with how the Deadskins were 8-8, and "HAIL to the Redskins!"

I live in OH, and get heckled by Browns and Bengals fans. It's actually kind of hard to listen to smack-talk from these people and take them seriously. Every year it's the same thing over and over and over again, and every year they shut up a couple of weeks into the season to try and save face. So from my perspective, it's easy to get over their crap. Having the Steelers make the playoffs and win super bowls, is just icing on the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by TampaSteelGirl View Post
    Just show them a pic of the nice shiny 6 Lombardis we have!!!

A little sumpthin like this....

haha thats what i do. I know this person that is a Pats fan and she keeps saying how great they are. I just ask her to tell me how many Lombardi's the Steelers have and then tell me how many the pats have..lol

My brother is a Bung-Ho and tries that with me,,,,,,I just laugh and tell him,all teams that don't have a trophy are just jealous.

He about how our players hit and hines breaking a jaw,,,,,,,I just tell him that's the way football suppose to be played and them Bung-Ho's haven't figured that out yet

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by V_83 View Post
    I live in OH, and get heckled by Browns and Bengals fans. It's actually kind of hard to listen to smack-talk from these people and take them seriously. Every year it's the same thing over and over and over again, and every year they shut up a couple of weeks into the season to try and save face. So from my perspective, it's easy to get over their crap. Having the Steelers make the playoffs and win super bowls, is just icing on the cake.
    Well said I go through the same thing here in Cleveland

Assistant Coach RIVERS OF STEEL's Avatar
    My Mood
    Where
    everyone else is and always will be our practice squad. so tell the hecklers to pitz off.

And their fans.

Thread Information