Thread: How do owners make money when their team wins The Super Bowl??

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Ratbirds

How do owners make money when their team wins The Super Bowl??

I was asked a question by my honey about the teams make alot of money in winning playoff games and the Super Bowl... but those are the players. what about the team's owners??
    I explained about the salery cap and how keeping certain players you have to make choices about who to keep or not.
    How do they ( the owners) make a killing during the off season??
    Jersey sales, Team Memorbilia, appearances??
    ticket sales??
    Any thing you guys and girls can come up with would be really appreciated...
    Oakland, Where Careers Go To Die!!!!!

http://myxilplik.mybrute.com

http://tironne.mybrute.com

Quote Originally Posted by Callax View Post
    I was asked a question by my honey about the teams make alot of money in winning playoff games and the Super Bowl... but those are the players. what about the team's owners??
    I explained about the salery cap and how keeping certain players you have to make choices about who to keep or not.
    How do they ( the owners) make a killing during the off season??
    Jersey sales, Team Memorbilia, appearances??
    ticket sales??
    Any thing you guys and girls can come up with would be really appreciated...
    owning an NFL team isnt a good way to get rich quick, its more of a glory thing....sure the franchises are valued around a billion dollars but the owners really dont make that much money....obviously they do well but most owners, especially ones of smaller market teams dont really bank that much money into their pockets

Steel City Mafia # 632
    You also have to figure in the two extra home games in the playoffs on the way to the superbowl..That's 2 extra sold out games at Heinz field generating alot of extra cash.I'm not sure if the teams recieve any dividends from the advertising that goes on during the actual superbowl either, i know the NFL gets alot of it, don't know if each superbowl team gets a cut..

"He's running around there, running his mouth, doing all that, but if you watch him on film and really look, where was Ray Lewis? He was nowhere to be found. I could have tackled the water boy and had as many tackles as him. He didn't do nothing today. He's all mouth. When you talk like that, that's what happens: You get hit in the mouth. He's over there crying now, thinking about what went wrong. You got your *** whipped, that's what." ~ Peazy

I believe that all the post season revenue is shared between all the teams. So the Bungals get the same as the Steelers from the league. The NFL does cover some of the teams expenses but I'm not sure it's all of them. So it may actually have cost the team money to win the SB. I'm sure they will parlay that into another million or 2 next year from advertisers ect. Because of the great fan base the Steelers have no issues sell tickets, advertising & merchadise.

I'd guess that the Cards will parlay being in the SB into more $$$ for them because they need something like that to sell tickets & other things.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryNJ View Post
    I believe that all the post season revenue is shared between all the teams. So the Bungals get the same as the Steelers from the league. The NFL does cover some of the teams expenses but I'm not sure it's all of them. So it may actually have cost the team money to win the SB. I'm sure they will parlay that into another million or 2 next year from advertisers ect. Because of the great fan base the Steelers have no issues sell tickets, advertising & merchadise.

I'd guess that the Cards will parlay being in the SB into more $$$ for them because they need something like that to sell tickets & other things.
    Spot on, the NFL is almost a communist entity in the way they share revenues.

Owners

I dont know about all owners or how they make money as far as the NFL goes but I know the Rooney's have a lot of money invested in race tracks, which makes them a killing.

Rookie Free Agent
    You guys are right on many things. One is the almost Communist style of revenue sharing courtesy of Art Modell. Second is that owning a team is no way to get rich quick either. These owners have money besides. Case and point is Jerry Jones. I think he is a total douche but he is a rich one! He made a killing as an oil tycoon. I think that is the case of many of the newer generation of owners.

Older groups like the Steelers, Chiefs, and Bills are held tight by a family or close group. The rest of the Rooney group had to divest because of owning slot machine, dog tracks, and other gambling interests that were prohibited by the league. Art and Dan barely own enough of the Steelers to control it now that Stallworth and the other members of the new group were announced.

The average value of a NFL franchise is $1 billion. So it is very exclusive but after the salary cap, coaching staff, support staff, and stadium costs there cannot be a whole lot of profit left. Thank god for the TV revenue contracts I believe that is where most of the money comes from. I hate going to those games and seeing them stop for TV time outs. I think it hurts the true intent of the game.

Hope that helps you! Cheers!

Tailgate Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by DahBurgh View Post
    I dont know about all owners or how they make money as far as the NFL goes but I know the Rooney's have a lot of money invested in race tracks, which makes them a killing.

Not no more. It is seperate now. Was the main reason Dan Rooney had to buy his brothers share. The other brothers now own the Race Tracks.

I'm A "Champion"

Thread Information