Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scout.com's 2 Round Mock - Steeler Picks

Bookmark and Share
    Gold Standard

Scout.com's 2 Round Mock - Steeler Picks

1-32 C/G Eric Wood, Louisville

The more reasonable voices in the war room talk Mike Tomlin out of stockpiling passrushers in order to patch a unit that was dragged along for the Super Bowl ride. Yes, interior linemen can be found everywhere, but by the next pick they'll all be as hopelessly average as the crew on hand. Eric Wood over Max Unger is this site's preference because of better strength, mobility and passion for the game. - Jim Wexell, SteelCityInsider.com

2-64 DL Fili Moala, USC

Taking a 3-4 DE on the heels of an interior offensive lineman isn't going to sell many tickets (or advertising for draft shows), but it's the utilitarian type of draft Mike Tomlin will be glad he undertook in a couple of years. – Jim Wexell, Steel City Insider

I wouldn't be complaining with these picks! Interior line and defensive line are both needs. These picks might not be sexy, but their functional.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

moala will be a failure as a 34 DE imo

Gold Standard
    THURSDAY, MARCH 26

2:45 p.m.: Chris Steuber reports to me today that the Steelers are at the Louisville Pro Day where center/guard Eric Wood is working out. Hope to have more on the workout tomorrow.

If the Steelers can coach up Brett Kiesel to be functional in our defense then I believe there is hope for Fili Moala....
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

My Mood
    Impatient
    I would be really happy with those picks. They are not my first two choices, but I would be happy. I think the Steelers ability to find corners later in the draft will help them pick up good CB and FS in rounds 4-6, so I think 1-3 should be OL and DL.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post
    If the Steelers can coach up Brett Kiesel to be functional in our defense then I believe there is hope for Fili Moala....
    keisel is a very very good athlete though, he dominated on special teams before kemo left and then really had to bulk up and it wasnt til this year he got the fundementals down...but you know what moala might work out, i thought he was alot heavier than 305

hes a cover 2 guy all the way imo
    Last edited by K Train; 03-27-2009 at 04:04 PM.

At this point I kind of hope either Ayers or Jackson fall to 32 and we take them. It seems our draft spot leaves us out of contention for the 'elite' tackles and too high for a lot of the interior guys.

Ayers? He is a **** prospect for a 3-4 defense. Way too stiff and way too slow to play OLB and way too small to play DE.

The guy's not that small, 6'3 272. I went back and looked at his combine though and his bench scares me (18 reps). He would definitely have to add some muscle though. The other alternative at a 3-4 DE is Gilbert maybe at 64 if hes there.

he would fail in a 34...you want DEs to be around 6-5 290-300 for a 34 anyway. gilbert will probably go in the first, if not it will be the very early second

Gold Standard

A few notes

SUNDAY, MARCH 29

8 a.m.: Just a couple of quick notes as I ready for takeoff from my brother's place here in Connecticut:

1.) The visit -- not a workout -- at the South Side with Jarron Gilbert is set for April 16;

2.) Eric Wood told Chris Steuber that Steelers GM Kevin Colbert expressed much interest in Wood during and after the Louisville Pro Day;

3.) The Steelers, according to another web site, have scheduled visits with guards Tyronne Green and Andy Levitre, both third or fourth-rounders;

4.) And the Steelers last week went to Central Florida to workout CB Joe Burnett, who will be visiting.

Thread Information