Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Eager Sweed

Bookmark and Share
    Rookie Free Agent Rodger Goodell's Avatar
    sweed will never be as good as washington...mendenhall wont ever be anything more than a 3rd down back..

tomlin won a superbowl...now its time to learn to draft..

Taking timmons a 1 year wonder over big beast?....wow..our team could actually be patriots like if we could draft....instead we just squeeze by

Quote Originally Posted by Rodger Goodell View Post
    sweed will never be as good as washington...mendenhall wont ever be anything more than a 3rd down back..

tomlin won a superbowl...now its time to learn to draft..

Taking timmons a 1 year wonder over big beast?....wow..our team could actually be patriots like if we could draft....instead we just squeeze by
    Sorry what? Sweed is going to be so much better than Washington. Sweed is as fast as Washington, and runs better routes. Furthermore, he can block and he practise harder than most ppl in NFL.

How can you tell that Mendenhall won't ever be anything more than a 3rd down back? He hardly got to play last year, and the guy rocked in collage. He is fast, he is big and he has great vision.

Also, i really think it was great that we took timmons. The guy have been really solid this year, and he'll probably start next year (heres hoping). He is really fast too.

We will never be like the patriots, because that not our style. We believe in our draft picks and our talent development. We like to run the ball, and we play kick *** defence. Patriots does not
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

he was a one year wonder... he might be decent...but he will never be a true #1...more on the lines of a 1-2 punch....good thing willie is there

--- Added 3/30/2009 at 10:33 AM ---

so do u watch sweed practice?...and yeah mendenhall like sweed was a one year wonder in college....the steelers should have drafted a real runningback in chris johnson...the ppl in the titans board were laughing wen the steelers selected mendenhall bcuz the titans were really high on johnson..

he was a one year wonder... he might be decent...but he will never be a true #1...more on the lines of a 1-2 punch....good thing willie is there

--- Added 3/30/2009 at 10:33 AM ---

so do u watch sweed practice?...and yeah mendenhall like sweed was a one year wonder in college....the steelers should have drafted a real runningback in chris johnson...the ppl in the titans board were laughing wen the steelers selected mendenhall bcuz the titans were really high on johnson..
    Actually, no i do not, however i do read: http://news.steelers.com/article/104362/

You know, Chris Johnson is fast, but thats about it. He runs crazy fast, but i'll take Mendenhalls vision and toughness over that. I don't care about what ppl on the titans board did when we drafted Mendenhall. Then could have laughed all they wanted to, if they happened to win at least one Play-off game, which they did not.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

so you listen to the media..esp from the steelers??? I'm sure they are going to come out and try to **** fans off by telling them players arent living up to their potential...thats the last thing an organization will do wen investing first day picks in players...you wont hear anything negative until they are gone or are actually somewhat decent..

mendenhall will have more of an impact than sweed ever will... talking about vision? mendenhall runs up the middle and is a power back...not much vision their...

you saw chris johnsons vision when the titans beat the steelers without their 2 best players on defense..

so you listen to the media..esp from the steelers??? I'm sure they are going to come out and try to **** fans off by telling them players arent living up to their potential...thats the last thing an organization will do wen investing first day picks in players...you wont hear anything negative until they are gone or are actually somewhat decent..

mendenhall will have more of an impact than sweed ever will... talking about vision? mendenhall runs up the middle and is a power back...not much vision their...

you saw chris johnsons vision when the titans beat the steelers without their 2 best players on defense..
    Yes i do listen to the media. Don't you? I may be mistaken, but i am almost certain that you used an espn article as an argument that Ravens would win AFC North next year. I would take steelers over espn any day, without being biased one bit.

You can hardly prove that Mendenhall just runs up the middle.. That is not running up the middle as a power back. Actually it shows more great runs on the outside that inside. Sweed is going to have huge impact next year, you just go ahead and wait.

As far as Chris Johnson goes, you can't use that as an arguement dude. If you had said it was their two best players on their o-line, then i would give it to you, but defence? Chris Johnson is a great runningback, no doub about it, but all im saying is, that the only thing he has more of than Mendenhall is speed. Mendenhall hardly played at all, so obviously we don't know how he'll do yet, but he has just as much potential as Chris Johnson ever had.

Thread Information