Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Eager Sweed

Bookmark and Share
    I like Nate and some of the things he has done for our team. Sweed shared some time with Nate last year. I think it may have been Tomlins way of saying ,"the writings on the wall".
    Tomlin has made some mistakes in his young career,so did Sweed. Now is the time to realize that he can solidify a spot on this team. If not,then i am sure Mike will take the fall. He has got to have some heavy input. Sweed will not let the Steeler nation down !

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    This is what I"ve been saying all along. Sweed will be fine. Most WR start slow their first year. Even Jerry Rice.

The kid has seen what it takes at the pro level and now he will come to camp focused and ready to produce.
    That's true they was saying Jerry Rice was an bust because he dropped an lot of balls his rookie season i'm not saying Sweed is the next J.R but he has an awful lot of potential

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Sweed is going to be a star and there is no doubt in my mind...Just give the kid some time.....

My Mood
    Impatient
    I think Sweed will be great, plus he is a better blocker than Nate was, so running from three reciever sets should be a little better too.

There's a reason guys usually get drafted high VS guys that don't get drafted at all... More often than not it relates to talent. Sweed is more talented than Washington will ever be. He just needs to be developed, and the Steelers coaching staff and teammates are more than capable of coaching this guy up.

Sweed

I am a huge longhorns fan and I loved sweed when he played at Texas. I dont want that to sway my decison on him as a Steeler though, he had surgery and sucked last year, but I think he has the ability to be an awesome NFL receiver and a huge part of the Steelers but what he does is up to him.

My Mood
    Pissedoff
    Like Nate Washinton never droped a pass lol. That was the most exciting part of watching a deep ball being thrown to him.........was he going to catch it? I am excited to see what Sweed and Mendenhal can do. I think Pittsburgh did the right thing by not overpaying for Nate(I did like Nate)

Well Nate did get the majority of passes thrown to him this past season , compared to Sweed.
    My view is that Tomlin was giving Sweed a shot to showcase his skills,while maintaining a solid 3rd down reciever.
    Seems Tomlin and the front office thought enough of Sweed's potential, that they left Nate walk.
    I think they made the right choice. "WE HAVE THE NEED>>>FOR SWEED !!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by TampaSteelGirl View Post
    Well look how Santonio struggled especially on special teams his first year and look at him now....Superbowl MVP baby!!!

He's got great mentors so he'll be fine! THis team is built on success so he won't fail. He can only get better each year.

That right there says it...Holmes didnt do much until years end his first year. Sweed will be fine...he has shown flashes of being good (speed...gettin downfield..etc). Cant wait for the season!
    Check out my post on the War Room board about a possible Message Board Mock Draft...it'll be fun!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SIXBURGH View Post
    That's true they was saying Jerry Rice was an bust because he dropped an lot of balls his rookie season i'm not saying Sweed is the next J.R but he has an awful lot of potential
    You cant really call that a season....He only caught what......six balls? All I know is that he missed a couple key receptions late last year.
    I'm your Huckleberry

Thread Information