Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Titans coming to Pittsburgh for the opener September 10th...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    jaguars-hater

Titans coming to Pittsburgh for the opener September 10th...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...x.html?eref=T1

According to this SI article from Peter King who is usually dead on when it comes to hearing things first with rumors and speculation. So it looks as if many of us on this board will get what we wanted a matchup with the Tennessee Titans and a chance for payback with the terrible towel stomping incident thing in December to start the season. Also, looks as if the Steelers will get the first chance to smack around Nate Washington a little bit in his first game wearing a Tennessee Titans uniform, and prove him wrong when he said coming to Tennessee is like staying and coming to Pittsburgh because both teams are exactly the same. Cant wait for Nate to find that out the hard way when he gets tagged by Ryan Clark coming over the middle...

My Mood
    Chatty
    I"m ready to see our guys shove some dirt down White's freakin fat mouth for defacing out belove Terrible towel!!!! I wanna kill em!!!

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    I'll believe it when I see the schedule. I still say its the Raiders....
    Be who you are, become what you dream....

My Mood
    Addicted
    Nate Washington's going to find out how hard that Steelers D really hits.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the united steeler nation.
    And to the franchise for which it stands. One nation of domination
    With the ability to crush you all.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09082/957709-66.stm

Quote:
    Steelers to open 2009 season with Tennessee

The Steelers will open the 2009 NFL season with a game against the Tennessee Titans on Thursday, September 10th.

The game, which the NFL will officially announce later today, is the traditional first-game of the kickoff weekend. The Super Bowl winner traditionally hosts the season's first game on Thursday night. It will air on TV on NBC.

The Titans were the no. 1 seed in the playoffs last year and the Steelers were no. 2. Baltimore upset the Titans in Tennessee and moved onto the AFC championship game at Heinz Field the following week. Ravens officials reportedley asked the NFL not to schedule them for the Thursday night opener against Pittsburgh.

There you go Dean....Its pretty much official its the Titans.....The Raiders to kick off the season would have been a joke but I wouldn't have mind it since the Steelers would kick the crap out of the Raiders.....I hate the Steelers opening up with the Titans....Jeff Fisher coached teams always give the Steelers fits....Except the season opener in 2005 when Willie Parker had his breaking out party......

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post

Quote:

The Steelers will open the 2009 NFL season with a game against the Tennessee Titans on Thursday, September 10th.

The game, which the NFL will officially announce later today, is the traditional first-game of the kickoff weekend. The Super Bowl winner traditionally hosts the season's first game on Thursday night. It will air on TV on NBC.

The Titans were the no. 1 seed in the playoffs last year and the Steelers were no. 2. Baltimore upset the Titans in Tennessee and moved onto the AFC championship game at Heinz Field the following week. Ravens officials reportedley asked the NFL not to schedule them for the Thursday night opener against Pittsburgh.

There you go Dean....Its pretty much official its the Titans.....The Raiders to kick off the season would have been a joke but I wouldn't have mind it since the Steelers would kick the crap out of the Raiders.....I hate the Steelers opening up with the Titans....Jeff Fisher coached teams always give the Steelers fits....Except the season opener in 2005 when Willie Parker had his breaking out party......
    I think the Steelers have won like 6 or 7 openers in a row. I still think it will be the Raiders....lol

My Mood
    jaguars-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post

Quote:

While I think the game with the Titans will be a very good game and very close I still dont see the Steelers losing the opener here at home on that night with all the emotion surrounding Heinz Field that night with the Super Bowl celebration. Plus, the Steelers will go into that game having a lot of incentive and payback in mind for the Titans from last season and the terrible towel incident and wanting to prove to them who really was the better team in 2008 since they didnt meet in the playoffs since the Titans choked. There is just no way the Steelers will let Kerry Collins and the Titans come in here and beat them on opening night it just isnt going to happen take it to the bank...

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    While I think the game with the Titans will be a very good game and very close I still dont see the Steelers losing the opener here at home on that night with all the emotion surrounding Heinz Field that night with the Super Bowl celebration. Plus, the Steelers will go into that game having a lot of incentive and payback in mind for the Titans from last season and the terrible towel incident and wanting to prove to them who really was the better team in 2008 since they didnt meet in the playoffs since the Titans choked. There is just no way the Steelers will let Kerry Collins and the Titans come in here and beat them on opening night it just isnt going to happen take it to the bank...
    Dont try getting out of it... You owe me buddy. There was a clause in our contract. You picked an NFC team, and because it stayed in the AFC you owe me $300,000 SA Gold. You choked, and you owe me...Pay up buster....I want it all in ones.....

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Hell ya!! Titans have to watch the introduction of the 2009 season at Heinz Field with the Superbowl Champs and 70,000 terrible towels waving in there ugly *** faces and I will be there

My Mood
    Chatty
    Damn!!!! A thursday night game!!! I hate that!!!

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

Thread Information