Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ben Roethlisberger: Overrated or Underrated?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerSteve View Post
    How have quinn or anderson worked out for your browns this season???

Thats what I thought

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the united steeler nation.
    And to the franchise for which it stands. One nation of domination
    With the ability to crush you all.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Revisiting this thread now, and looking back at this year so far, I think it's quite clear that while not all of the sacks or the poor offensive performance in general can fall on Ben, some of it needs too.

Ben is a maverick, and that's great, he's got 2 super bowl titles under his belt with that style of play, but I think now he's experienced enough that he needs to be more of a student of the game. He does so many things well, but also I think he also needs to start learning the more traditional aspects of the game too.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan11 View Post
    I have been arguing that Ben is not over-rated with this idiot for a week or so now (stupid Patriots fan). He says that McNabb, Rivers, and Cutler are all better than Ben.

then again he also said the Steelers OL wasn't bad.

IDIOT!!!
    i bet he feels like an idiot for the cutler statement now. rivers? mcnabb? those choke artists? lol. and to top it off he thinks our line isn't bad? that's priceless. the guy is clearly blinded by his hatred of the steelers. i got into a similar argument with a cowboys fan who said he's take 8 qb's over ben, including romo. and yes this is after losing his 3rd playoff game. people do say some dumb things

A Winner's facts doesn't lie !

How many Super Bowls does Mcnabb , Cutler, and Rivers have ?

If you add them all up for these QB's , it's a BIG ZERO !

Now, how many does Big Ben have and how many years has he been in the league.

Enough said...
    Steelers Rule !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Forbes1960 View Post
    How many Super Bowls does Mcnabb , Cutler, and Rivers have ?

If you add them all up for these QB's , it's a BIG ZERO !

Now, how many does Big Ben have and how many years has he been in the league.

Enough said...
    not even just the super bowls. but ben has won more games than any qb in nfl history through the first 6 seasons of an nfl career. granted we have had great defenses but ben has won a lot of those games with drives in the 4th quarter/overtime. most 4th qtr/ot game winning drives in the nfl since his rookie year. when the game is on the line, the man is incredibly clutch. and look at the garbage o-line blocking for him. anyone who thinks he's overrated is blind, stupid, in denial or all of the above. and i tend to categorize those people as all of the above.

Steelers players have never been given the credit they deserve as far as their skill level and being "great" at the sport. Troy Polamalu is probably the best safety in the league but you rarely hear that said. Heath Miller is one of the best tight ends in the league and that is hardly ever mentioned. Ben is underrated and so is his offensive line. They buy him a lot of that time he needs to get the ball off.

Quote Originally Posted by 75Steeler View Post
    Steelers players have never been given the credit they deserve as far as their skill level and being "great" at the sport. Troy Polamalu is probably the best safety in the league but you rarely hear that said. Heath Miller is one of the best tight ends in the league and that is hardly ever mentioned. Ben is underrated and so is his offensive line. They buy him a lot of that time he needs to get the ball off.
    i strongly disagree about the o-line. they are terrible. while it's true that a lot of ben's sacks come from holding onto the ball too long, many times they just get destroyed by the rush, even when it's not a blitz. our line was beat on several occasions in 09 by 3 MAN RUSHES.

Thread Information