Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Member Spotlight: Dean Denton

Bookmark and Share

Member Spotlight: Dean Denton

Steeler Addicts Member Spotlight:
    Dean Denton

How long have you been a Steeler fan? I have been a fan since January 20th 1980. Superbowl 14. It was mt first Football game. My older sister was having a SB party and a bunch of guys asked me who I was rooting for. I said I didn't know and asked them. They all said the Steelers. So I said well, I'm rooting for the Steelers too....I was 7 and had no clue. But I did watch the game and fell in love with it. I have been a fan ever since.

What made you become a fan of the Steelers? Like most of you I was chosen by the Steelers, I did not just want to be a fan. You dont chose your passions they find a way to chose you. I am one of the lucky ones that was selected by the Steelers. I have always loved the hitting, and the physical nature of the way the Steelers play. The high drama that the Steelers created during Superbowl 14 was great. What a 4th quarter. Terry Bradshaw was amazing. After that Superbowl on 01/20/1980, my life was forever changed.

Who is your favorite Player currently on the Steelers roster? Troy Polamalu. I have never in all my years seen a player like him. I have watched all the great players over the last 28 years and I have never seen anything as remarkable as Troy. To me, Troy sets himself apart from any player in the league, past or present with his innate gift to consistenly be able to change a game in a blink of an eye. His athletism is second to none.

Why are they your favorite player? Troy Polamalu plays with more raw passion and skill then any player I have seen. With Brett Farve being a close second.

Who is your favorite Steeler of the past? Jack Lambert. To me he is what all inside LB should aspire to be. I know what he could do, can not be done by just anyone, but you should set the bar high for yourself, and shoot for the starts.

What is your favorite Steelers memory? That would be Super bowl 14. The day I was born into this life of passion . The day Black and Gold was forever pumped into my veins. Could very well be the reason I am the passionate and loyal person I am today. My wife would agree to this.

What is your favorite sport to watch other than football? Boxing. I know most will say its corrupt, and you would be right. It has fallen far from grace. But to me that does not take away from what those athletes do. I have loved boxing for as long as a can remember. Even before I was a Steeler fan. I was watching Ali when I was about 5 or so. My father was a huge fan of Ali. Sugar Shane Mosley, and Marvin Hagler are my two all time favorite fighters. If all the best athletes would stop going off to play sports like Football and Basketball the heavy weights would be better then what they are today. I am quoting Teddy Atlas. Because of the lack of heavy weights the sport will continue to suffer.

How did you find Steeler Addicts? I found it on google. I needed to find my family and I knew that you guys would be on the web. Kate Beckinsales husband kicked me off their forum because I told him he looked like a deflated gym bag with his shirt off and Kate needed a real man. Can you believe how sensitive people can be?????

Sum up your thoughts on Steeler Addicts in a few sentences? The forum is great. I enjoy everyone on here. Its nice to be able to chat with people that have common interest. Everyone here has their view of things and that makes it special. In time everyone will realize that I'm always right and stop arguing with me.

What do you do for a living? Right now I work for a national garbage company. I work in the office, and I'm good at my job. Thats why I have all this time to chat. However April 9th will be my last day because this office is moving about 2 hours north of here and I will not be moving my family to stay with them. I have been here for just over 2 years and its going to suck to have to go look for another job. but I will get a fat severance package if I stay until April 9th. As long as they dont fire me first....lol

What is one thing that might surprise people to know about you? I spent a good portion of the mid to late 1990's as a Pro Wrestler. I wrestled for a small local promotion in Portland Oregon called Pacific Northwest Wrestling. It was run by Matt Bourne...AKA Doink the Clown from the WWE or WWF at the time. It is truly one of my biggest passions. My first time going to the matches was 1979. My parents and their friends took me. The main event featured Andre the Giant. Never in my life had I been more scared then I was when that monster started beating up the police 10 feet from me. Never take a 6 or 7 year old to a wrestling match with ringside seats and not tell them its all an act. I did get Andre's and Superfly Jimmy Snukas autograph after the show and it was a life changing experience for me. I have met many wrestlers in my life time. Just about every big name you can think of, but none will be remember more then the day Andre the Giant patted me on my 7 year old head and said, "Dont worry big guy, I wont let anyone get ya." I have felt safe ever since. Thank you Andre for the passion and courage you instilled in that little boy in 1979. You molded a beast......

What is one thing that everybody knows you for? There really isn't any one thing that defines me as the man I am. It cant be done. Dynamic Dean Denton is far to intricate. For the people that know me best I would be willing to wager things like, deeply passionate, loyal, sexy, funny, witty, someone not to be messed with or betrayed, loving father and husband, and above all completly full of **** 85% of the time. I know I am loved, I have had the same 9 friends since 1983, and they show no signs of leaving. Well, there were a couple after SB XL...lol Women have always loved me. Its my deep blue eyes, broad shoulders and an over all Sicilian charm they can not resist. In a nut shell if I had to guess what everyone I know would sum me up with in a word, that word would have to be.....ELECTRIFYING!!!!!!!!!!!

What kind of car or truck do you drive? Pontiac Grand AM.

If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be? I wish I was a wee bit taller. It would make buying jeans a lot easier. I am still waiting for those 6 foot legs to show up in the mail, but they just cant find their way. Patience is another one of those attributes that seems to elude me. I live with my 13 years old daughter, my 16 year old sister, my 19 months old baby girl, and my 27 year old wife. This can be exterely challenging at times, and having more patience would really help me out. I do what I can. Thank the football gods for my football room, or they might all have been tossed out long ago....lol

What are your hobbies & interests outside of posting on SA? I love to read and write. I am working a great story right now, and one day, many years from now when I finish writing it, if you could all be kind enough to buy a Hardback copy I would be grateful... I love my Saturday nights with my oldest daughter who is 13. We have movie night in the football room. Not every Saturday, but all the time. I love time with my baby girl too. She's growing into a monster at 19 months, but..lol, thats the way it goes. She is very willful. My daughters are my life. I find that most the time I wish they were boys, but what can ya do?...lol MY wife....She is the true Showstopper in the family. She is a bit younger then me, 10 years, but I wanted it that way. Women my age cant keep up. I'm a beast....lol Plus I wanted more kids and I knew that she could deliver. She had no kids when we met, and I knew she would want them. My wife is sooooo beautiful, inside and out, I am extremely lucky to have her. I do not lie when I say she is smokin hot. Most wonder and even ask her in a joking way, "What she's doing with me?" And she always laughs and says...."Do ya really want to know?" Then she'll give them a little wink, and laugh. I also love working out on my 75 lbs punching bag, and putting in work on my Total Gym. I have always loved working out. It is a huge stress reliever. Not to mention I need to stay looking sexy if I am to keep this hot trophy wife of mine. Video games once in while. I only play the Boxing and the WWE wrestling games. My life long friends and I get together and play. I love to create Boxers and Wrestlers modeled after my friends and they love playing with them. Those are the only characters we use. I guess you can say outside of Steeler Football my only other sporting passions are really boxing and wrestling. With a little MMA thrown in for flavor.

Favorite TV show(s)? All time it would have to be Cheeer's and the Soprano's. I have liked others, but now most of what I watch will be either on HBO or Showtime. I hate censorship, and commercials so I stay away from most basic cable programing.

Favorite gaming console(s) and video game(s)? I have a X-box 360, but my friend gave it to me because he had two of them. If I were to buy one it would be the PS3. Its better for the Boxing and Wrestling games. And those are the only games I play.

Does your family enjoy watching football with you or do they run and hide when the game is on? They love it when the Steelers win. I mean really love it. They hate it when they lose. That might have something to do with my attitude. My daughter and little sister love Troy Polamalu. Truth is my little sister is a Raiders fan, but loves the Steelers because she loves me. My wife loves watching the games with me because we party up pretty good. Not to mention she's good luck. My wifes birthday is 02/05, and thats the day we won SB XL. I knew we would win that day. We have won 2 SB since I have been with my wife. I think I'll keep her.

What type of Steelers game day rituals do you do? I think mine are the same as most people. Nothing special. I start the game with my hat facing forward and I turn it around at halftime. Thats how I rally. Hat has to match home or away jerseys. And so does my shirt or sweatshirt under my jersey. Halftime I like to smoke a cigar and drink a little whiskey to cool out my nerves.

Your favorite gametime food & beverage? My wifes award winning Quacamole. It is truly second to none. I call it the Troy Polamalu of quacamoles. Other then that I really dont eat during the games. Most the time games start at 10 AM out here and I dont eat that early on the weekends.

How many Steeler games have you attended in your lifetime? Only two. 1994 and 2003. Both games have been here in Seattle. I do not miss the Steelers when the come out here. Both games were Seattle wins..booooo!!!!! I have not been to Pittsburgh since 1978, and that was on a road trip to up state New York with my family. I will make it out there at some point in my life, I just dont know when.

Three Rivers Stadium or Heinz Field? I say Heinz Field. I like the wind that makes it hard to kick those field goals, and it just looks up to date. Both have great memories, but I will be more apart of the one happening now.

Immaculate Reception, "The Tackle", or "Immaculate Drive"? Immaculate Reception. To me that is the start of Steeler history. Not to mention it kills my Step dad because he's a Raider fan. That play is the first of many great things to come from this franchise, and the Steelers have been beautiful ever since.

When do you think the Steelers will win #7? I really believe that they are going to go back to back. So this up coming season. 2009 season will belong to the Steelers. They are only going to get better. All the key players are coming back and they will have more experience. They all understand what it takes to win. I dont see a let down like after SB XL.

What do you think it will take for them to get back to the Super Bowl? Focus. Staying healthy. And believing that they can do it again. This group is QB by what I think is the best QB in football. With that we have a chance to win every game Ben plays in. Not to mention we have the best defensive coordinator in football. IMHO this team should be better next year with any easier schedule that should help get that Offense going better. Dont quote me on the schedule though. You just never know who's going to be good year to year...

Why would you mind traveling a couple thousand miles to get a thumpin then?Answer that true steeler man!]

My Mood
    Smokin
    very nice

Thanks for the sig Flea

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Good interview!! I always liked Superfly and the Road Warriors.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Steel City Mafia # 632
    Good Interview Dean! lol, i was looking forward to your spotlight and you delivered the goods my friend.well played.

"He's running around there, running his mouth, doing all that, but if you watch him on film and really look, where was Ray Lewis? He was nowhere to be found. I could have tackled the water boy and had as many tackles as him. He didn't do nothing today. He's all mouth. When you talk like that, that's what happens: You get hit in the mouth. He's over there crying now, thinking about what went wrong. You got your *** whipped, that's what." ~ Peazy

Nice interview Dean!
    I love you man!

"Here's an idea! Don't worry about sports and run the ****ing country!!!" - PsychoWard to Obama

Pro Bowl #2 and Counting JoeThomas's Avatar
    great interview!!!

My Mood
    Love
    Dean, Dean, Dean, my left hand man. What can i say? That was very beautiful and perspiring. I mean admiring. I think we all just read your autobiography though. I will now highlight it, copy and paste it. lol. No, really great stuff. Glad to have you as a left hand man and a true, huge, faithful Steelers fan. Let's go terrorize some threads now and toss pills in the air.

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Gettysburgh_Steel View Post
    Why would you mind traveling a couple thousand miles to get a thumpin then?Answer that true steeler man!]
    Theres no money in it....and if I wanted to beat up crack whores I could do that here. Why travel?....Geek...lol
    Be who you are, become what you dream....

My Mood
    Horny
    very nice read thanks

Thread Information