Thread: Plummer lends Ben some support

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Plummer lends Ben some support

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06306/734966-66.stm

There's a good article talking about how Jake thinks everyone who wants Batch to play is crazy !

One that worries me is how Ben mentions he wants what is best for this team, and if that's Charlie...... Ben cannot get down on himself and stop to listen to the criticism of the media and fans because if he goes back into the funk that he started going back into last week it's going to be an even longer season than before.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I agree TG. Ben is our guy. He needs to realize that. One bad season after a AFC Championship loss and a Superbowl win to start your career isn't so bad.

I think those that would like to see Batch over ben are the fans that jumped on board this year! Think about it... when you get into a new relationship you do everything possible to be engulfed in with your "someone" new... All the "new" fans are out on the net looking for everything possible about the Steelers and participating in all the polls and what not... so of course Batch is favored over Ben because these "new" fans only want to be with teams that win At least that's what I think...

House of Steel
    BEN IS OUR MAN!!! Whomever wants Batch in for Ben ought to jump off of Mount Washington and drown in the OHIO!!!

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    If Ben is healthy he plays. I said this last week before the Raiders game even after the concussion from the Falcons game. Maybe now after the Raiders game it might have done Ben some good to sit that game out. But Ben is the future of the Steelers and is their QB. Batch is a very good backup. But thats all Batch is. To be there if needed.

Now I have heard some Steelers fans on different message boards suggesting that the Steelers spend a first round pick on a QB in the upcoming draft. Thats even dumber then calling for Batch to start. Man I don't care if Ben doesn't throw another TD pass all year and throws 20 more picks this year. He is still the QB of the Pittsburgh Steelers no matter what happens the rest of the year. I just he can stay healthy. The dude has had a rough time so far from a health stand point.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I'm looking for Ben to light it up this weekend! We got his bad game after an injury out of the way so things are looking good if he stays healthy.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I would have liked to see Ben sit out the Raiders game just for precautionary reasons and get him some time to make sure his head was in the game...but thats water under the bridge now..he's our guy and we have to stick with him and stand by him.

I think there are 2 perfectly good reasons to bench Ben.

1. If his poor play is costing us games. We just can't afford to lose games right now, and if Ben is giving games away, he'd be better off on the bench.

2. It might be better for him, health-wise, to sit out for a while, fully recover (because concussions don't usually go away in just 1 week, that's why I was shocked that he played last week), and let Batch fill in and try to let us finish the season respectably, and then put Ben back in next season.

Either way, Ben IS our franchise QB. Anyone who suggests drafting a QB in the first round is an idiot. But putting Batch in isn't necessarily saying we don't have confidence in Ben, it's just saying that we don't think he's 100% healthy right now.
    Who Ride?! WE RIDE!!! Long live the Boot!!!

"I'll always be a Steeler" - Joey Porter
    "Once a Steeler, always a Steeler" - Kordell Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think we should make willie parker eat lots and lots of cake so we have a power running game

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Its a catch22..if you sit him down and wait for him to "get fully healthy and take a step back" we're liable to shake his confidence and have him come back worse from rust and lack of confidence...

or if we don't bench him and if he continues to struggle, any breath of life in the season will be squashed before we know it.

Thread Information