You guys will probably hate this cause its a little unorthodox but i dont think alot of these players projected to go high go as high as people think....for example, i love curry but OLBs just do not go top 3 and just one or two slips like that can make the whol draft get shaken up. i dont usually make these before pro days and personal workouts but what the hell.
1. Detroit Lions (0-16-0) - Matt Stafford, QB, Georgia
This one is almost written in stone
2. St. Louis Rams (2-14-0) – Jason Smith OT Baylor
Jason Smith had a terrific Combine and in my opinion will be the first tackle off the board due to his desire to “Physically assault the opposition”
3. Kansas City Chiefs (2-14-0) – Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia
This Pick pisses me off, I loved albert last year and now they get Monroe who I also have a mancrush on….its bullshit
4. Seattle Seahawks (4-12-0) - Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech#
I don’t care if he isn’t running the 40….speed was never his game anyway and hes been working with Olympic sprinters to get it up, have your surgery and get better your getting paid come draft day
5. Cleveland Browns (4-12-0) – Malcolm Jenkins CB/FS Ohio State
Reach imo, but they need DBs bad and they love the local product who will start at CB for them but have to eventually move to FS when they realize he sucks.
6. Cincinnati Bengals (4-11-1) – Michael Oher OT Ole Miss
Oher can ball, I don’t know why people insist on him slipping….hes not going to
7. Oakland Raiders (5-11-0) – Aaron Curry OLB Wake forest
They love to see him here, hes an amazing prospect and has everything al davis loves
8. Jacksonville Jaguars (5-11-0) – Vontae Davis CB Illinois
Vontae Davis is the best corner in this draft, him and mathis would be a great tandem and with just adding reggie Williams recently they would have a very strong secondary for a while
9. Green Bay Packers (6-10-0) - B.J. Raji, NT, Boston College
They want to switch to a 34…well NT is priority #1, I don’t like raji but he will go this high even though he doesn’t deserve it
10. San Francisco 49ers (7-9-0) - Mark Sanchez, QB, Southern California*
The would be thrilled to see him here and take him in a hearbeat.
11. Buffalo Bills (7-9-0) – Brian Orakpo DE Texas
Again, he slipped further than most expected but the bills have been trying to get a pass rush for years
12. Denver Broncos (8-8-0) – Rey Mauleuga MLB USC
They want to switch to a 34 and the only players on their roster that are fit for a 34 are bailey, crowder and moss. Raji is off the board but mauleuga is a great MLB prospect for a 34
13. Washington Redskins (8-8-0) – Andre Smith OT/OG Alabama
I think he will play tackle at the pro level…hes one of the most decorated offensive lineman weve seen in a while, hes slipping a little bit but wont make it past the redskins
14. New Orleans Saints (8-8-0) - Brian Cushing, OLB, Southern California
Similar to AJ hawk imo, not quite as fast but a similar type of LB, they were poised to take hawk a few years back until bush slipped to them, this makes sense
15. Houston Texans (8-8-0) – Jeremy Maclin WR Mizzou
Maclin wasn’t supposed to slip this far, but that’s what WRs do especially when they run disappointing 40s
16. San Diego Chargers (8-8-0) – Tyson Jackson DE LSU Igor left for dallas, DE is now a pretty big need….this might be a reach but Jackson is a rare prospect, theres not many pre ready 34Des out of college
17. New York Jets (9-7-0) – Knowshon Moreno RB Georgia
The jets are pissed that Jackson went to SD cause they are trying to bolster that defense and make gholston look good, which Jackson could do….but Moreno is high on their board with Jones over 30.
18. Chicago Bears (9-7-0) - Robert Ayers, DE, Tennessee
This pick is pretty difficult to project, their offense sucks but they go defense so much I wouldn’t be surprised to see it again here, ayers has been impressive
19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (9-7-0) - Peria Jerry, DT, Mississippi
They failed to land haynesworth, they need help at DT really bad
20. Detroit Lions (from DAL) – William Beatty OT Uconn
Took Cherilus a year ago around this pick, he has been very disappointing but beatty is much more athletic than cherilus and they need a good pass blocker if they plan to keep Stafford upright.
21. Philadelphia Eagles (9-6-1) – Brandon Pettigrew TE Oklahoma State
Definitely one of the harder picks to figure out, I wouldn’t be surprised to see them trade away one of their firsts in order to pick up more seconds and maybe a next year first…..its just how they roll
22. Minnesota Vikings (10-6-0) – Percy Harvin WR Florida
They are looking for a dynamic weapon on offense and even though they are always In the market for a QB Jackson made big strides last season….mixing his unique abilities with the playmaking abilities of Peterson and Harvin could have this team being a contender in the NFC for years. Berrian and Rice would benefit greatly from having a “weapon” like harvin
23. New England Patriots – James Laurinaitis MLB Ohio State
Most had him penciled as a patriot last year before he decided to stay at school….his stock has dropped a little but hes the kind of player NE loves, with vrabel leaving and the other guys old this is some young blood to mix in with mayo.
24. Atlanta Falcons (11-5-0) – Darius Butler CB Uconn
Houston has been somewhat of a letdown, typical workout warrior and foxworth moved on sooner than they hoped, butler makes sense to help improve a weak secondary.
25. Miami Dolphins (11-5-0) - Hakeem Nicks WR, North Carolina*
Im not huge on nicks but the dolphins might want to add another receiver to pair with ginn, camarillio was huge for them but he hurt his knee and bess was a badass but bess is better playing the wes welker role in their offense than he is playing out wide on every down. This team really doesn’t have many holes, alphonso smith is also a possibility here.
26. Baltimore Ravens (11-5-0) – Alphonso Smith CB Wake Forest
Mcalister is gone, rolle wants out…ivy is a FA that leaves them with Fabian Washington? This balitmore defense is gonna look awfully different next season
27. Indianapolis Colts (12-4-0) - Kenny Britt, WR, Rutgers*
The colts talk about taking a WR to replace Harrison, wayne and gonzo are great together but they want 3 big time threats and they get that with britt
28. Philadelphia Eagles (from CAR) – LeSean McCoy RB Pitt
McCoy is a shifty back that will fit into phillys system very well, westbrook is becoming very fragile and they need another back that can potentially start when westbrook gets hurt and one that can spell westbrook to prevent him from getting hurt.
29. New York Giants (12-4-0) - Darrius Heyward-Bey, WR, Maryland*
Bey is a tall wr with elite speed, not the strongest guy and isn’t a polished route runner but they need a WR with toomer out and burress a ? hixon and smith aren’t gonna be able to carry this team
30. Tennessee Titans (13-3) – Everette Brown OLB Florida State
Logic says take a WR but they don’t do that, they are absolutely notorious for taking workout warriors and they are getting old at LB, brown is a versatile LB that could add another dimension to their defense, hes a great pass rusher which is what they are gonna need with haynesworth not being able to free things up for them anymore.
31. Arizona Cardinals (9-7-0) – Aaron Maybin OLB Penn State
They will continue to try to bolster their defense, they want to switch to a 34 but don’t really have the players to do it yet so they run a sorry hybrid version of it, maybin has some serious bulk issues imo, I don’t think he should get a first round pick at all but he gets a lot of hype too. RB is a possibility here as well.
32. Pittsburgh Steelers (12-4-0) – Duke Robinson OG Oklahoma
Being here sucks, I beg them to move up or trade down. But if the draft shaped up like this I think its either robinson, mack or unger…which are all reaches to me. Heres the thing about guards in the draft…the best one are tackles that cant cut it at tackle…which is exactly what robinson is, but hell, at least he knows his role. Interior Linemen is a need no doubt, no one will be thrilled about this pick….lets just hope they are aggressive and move up or at the very least move down and pick up some extra picks to possibly grab gilbert and lewis in the second