Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 8 Steelers Mocks

Bookmark and Share
    Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    obviously i would like to move up and grab oher or more likely beatty. mack and unger are both good, but neither are nick mangold-like prospects and thats what you have to be to be a first round center. center is a pretty deep class this year and its likely one of those guys will be there mid-second anyway, plus eric wood is another guy that is a good prospect. while the interior of the line needs help, they need to address the glaring need at tackle, especially since colon will help the interior line if they can move him inside. it all comes down to what they think about hills. my favorite first round picks are

-Michael Oher who will be long gone
    -Beatty who might fall within easy trade up range
    -Tyson Jackson who is a monster against the run and is basically the black aaron smith
    -Theres not a corner i would consider unless its vontae davis who will be gone
    -Darius Heyward-Bey....6-2 and runs a solid 4.3 flat, if hes there they could take him real quick

Basically we will need to be aggressive in the first round if we want one of those guys, but trading down would be an ok option too, more second round picks could help us get one of those centers, possibly duke robinson, gilbert, or lewis
    Can you tell me there position because I dont know who they are. I want to look them up.
    Be who you are, become what you dream....

im not really about nicks or britt though either, after crabtree and maclin there is a big drop off. maybe williams or robiskie in the second would be decent picks, but i think there could be 4 WRs taken in the first this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Denton View Post
    Can you tell me there position because I dont know who they are. I want to look them up.
    Oher is a tackle from ole miss, he was my favorite player last year and then toyed with my emotions and went back to school

Beatty is a tackle from uconn, hes very fast and added alot of weight before the combine, hes a legit first round talent.

Tyson jackson is a DE/DT from LSU, hes the prototype 34END

Vontae Davis is just one of my favorite players, he will be nowhere close to where we pick but hes the corner from illinois

and Heyward-Bey is a WR from maryland

Cornelius lewis is my favorite non-first round prospect, hes a tackle/guard from tenn st

Jarron Gilbert is just a freak of an athlete from san jose state

and duke robinson is a guard from oklahoma

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    I have heard good things about Oher, but it does not sound like he will be there when we pick.

Tyson Jackson is someone I wouldn't mind seeing us pick up. We could really use the depth. not to mention we need young talent here.
    Be who you are, become what you dream....

knox has been arresed a bunch of times i believe...which is why he was playing at albeine christian...i think its the same guy im thinking about.

if we cant get jackson in the first we should make a move to get gilbert in the second, but then again i want lewis in the second.....
    I'm not positive, but I think you are thinking of running back Bernard Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by darnik44 View Post
    I'm not positive, but I think you are thinking of running back Bernard Scott.
    yep good call thats him, i could have swore it was knox and i was kinda curious to why they didnt talk about it at the combine, i was like this dude cant be drafted after being arrested so many times, but it was scott

he was arrested 5 times since high school and is attending his 4th college since 03, its a shame cause hes very talented and very explosive. hes never missed a game in college, and even more amazing hes never sat out of an offensive play, not once has he left the game.

he wont get drafted but he could be a sleeper pickup as an UDFA

yep good call thats him, i could have swore it was knox and i was kinda curious to why they didnt talk about it at the combine, i was like this dude cant be drafted after being arrested so many times, but it was scott
    It got almost funny as they rattled off his rap sheet. He's been arrested as many times as Pac Man Jones.

Draft Pick
    obviously i would like to move up and grab oher or more likely beatty. mack and unger are both good, but neither are nick mangold-like prospects and thats what you have to be to be a first round center. center is a pretty deep class this year and its likely one of those guys will be there mid-second anyway, plus eric wood is another guy that is a good prospect. while the interior of the line needs help, they need to address the glaring need at tackle, especially since colon will help the interior line if they can move him inside. it all comes down to what they think about hills. my favorite first round picks are

-Michael Oher who will be long gone
    -Beatty who might fall within easy trade up range
    -Tyson Jackson who is a monster against the run and is basically the black aaron smith
    -Theres not a corner i would consider unless its vontae davis who will be gone
    -Darius Heyward-Bey....6-2 and runs a solid 4.3 flat, if hes there they could take him real quick

Basically we will need to be aggressive in the first round if we want one of those guys, but trading down would be an ok option too, more second round picks could help us get one of those centers, possibly duke robinson, gilbert, or lewis
    I see Train is on the same page as me.

If beatty is there at 27 trade up!!! I understand you dont want to give up younge prospects but a LT or even a RT for years down the road is way better then a Center! The Steelers got a plan and personally I dont think Mack will be there at 32. It will be an interesting pick if all of my guys arnt there. They might just take Gillbert if they are high on him and that position. The guy I like if all these guys are gone is Duke Robinson hes a monster and great in the run game. Ill take Robinson over Gillbert.

Also rewatching the combine (note I have seen litle to no film on him) I like South Carolina’s guard Jamon Meredith. He has some big arms and ran pretty quick almost a 5.0.He looked decent in his drills too. Now that means nothing on the field, but I like him and wouldnt be terribly mad if we took him.

My draft board for pick 32

William Beatty, T
    Tyson Jackson, DE
    Alex Mack, C
    Eric Wood, C
    Duke Robinson, G (little high but a beast guard)
    JarronGillbert, DE (little high for him)
    Jamon Meredith, T

Guys with more of a secound round grade

Kenny Britt, WR (This guy is a beast have him under Maclin on my list of wide outs)
    Clint Sintim, DE/OLB (he is a true 3-4 lb)
    Fenuki Tupou, T
    Michael Johnson, DE
    Jarius Byrd, CB (2nd round CB that could be a nice develop)
    Cornelius Lewis, T
    Tyronne Green, G
    Donald Brown, RB (Im high on this guy he runs hard. Ever since he had that big game over Pitt that year with 43 carries for 205yards 2 TD I have liked him in the secound)

Draft Pick
    Alex Mack---would be a good choice at number 32

But if we can't draft Mack....Eben Britton out of Arizona might be a nice choice..big, agile and is someone who can protect the QB along---apparently he is best against the run.
    -------Perhaps try to trade to Miami for an additional pick in the 2nd round.....Britton should still be there....as would Duke Robinson and Jarron Gilbert....If we had all three or at least 2 we could have depth and a line that could carry this team for the next 10 years.....

Third round====Derrick Williams---WR---Penn State
    Fourth Round-----Cary Harris---USC or DeAngelo Smith---Cincinnati--Cornerbacks
    Fifth round-------Frantz Joseph----Florida International----Inside Linebacker
    Sixth round-------Devin Moore---RB---Wyoming
    Seventh Round----Stryker Sulak---DE---Missouri

Thread Information