Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 8 Steelers Mocks

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post
    One list is an educated list. 100 lists is a shotgun blast hoping for some small measure of luck. I will respect your knowledge on this when you stand on a "singular" list and then we can have something to measure it against after the draft. I will laugh at you if you think you can put dozens of lists out there and then try to put your list with the most correct guesses on it out here as a "I told you so". Thats like predicting one of 32 teams will win the SB next year. No ****!
    Well the whole process is apparently something you don't have a grasp for. First of all, 8 is not 100. Like I said, pick #1 will determine a lot. Are you one of the ones that thinks the Steelers will have one position designated as the position they will draft in the first? Do you think they will have a position predetermined for each round? Because it doesn't work like that.

knox has been arresed a bunch of times i believe...which is why he was playing at albeine christian...i think its the same guy im thinking about.

if we cant get jackson in the first we should make a move to get gilbert in the second, but then again i want lewis in the second.....

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post
    One list is an educated list. 100 lists is a shotgun blast hoping for some small measure of luck. I will respect your knowledge on this when you stand on a "singular" list and then we can have something to measure it against after the draft. I will laugh at you if you think you can put dozens of lists out there and then try to put your list with the most correct guesses on it out here as a "I told you so". Thats like predicting one of 32 teams will win the SB next year. No ****!
    Scary argument and way out of my league. your football knowledge is freakish at times.

I hope to get the Center out of Cal or Oregon with our 1st pick. anything else I just hope its something we can use.
    Be who you are, become what you dream....

im just not about unger or mack in the first

Gold Standard
    Quote Originally Posted by darnik44 View Post
    Well the whole process is apparently something you don't have a grasp for. First of all, 8 is not 100. Like I said, pick #1 will determine a lot. Are you one of the ones that thinks the Steelers will have one position designated as the position they will draft in the first? Do you think they will have a position predetermined for each round? Because it doesn't work like that.

No, I believe the Steelers will have a draft board like every other team with a list of people they think are worthy of that #1 pick. We all have our own lists of people who we think are worthy and others who we think are not. Of course it all depends on what other teams do, again, another "no ****" statement. To think you not only know the minds of Colbert and Tomlin better than anyone else is funny, but then to pretend you also know the minds of every other front office is hysterical. Are those the only eight mocks that you have posted? I believe I have seen many others posted here too. So you are standing on these 8 guesses and won't drudge up an earlier wild *** guess? There are only about 300 players drafted and only 32 teams picking. Even ICS in his Superman jammies can categorize players into groups worthy of a 1st, 2nd, 3rd picks etc. The more lists you put out there the better the chances of getting luckier on one of many lists. Its like the lottery. The more tickets you buy the better your chances of getting lucky. If you are the draft master that you say you are you will put a SINGLE list out there and stand on it. My guess is you will continue to rely on the shotgun blast.

A monkey could put out dozens of possibilities and then brag one of them was close. You gotta do better than that if you hope to impress!
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    im just not about unger or mack in the first
    What or who would you rather have with are first pick?
    I think Center is a big concern for us. Are you thinking LT?
    Be who you are, become what you dream....

Draft Pick
    My Mood
    Impatient
    I think that we are ALL gonna be wrong on who we pick in the first round. The way Tomlin drafts, it seems he drafts the best athlete, no matter the position. I would not be suprised if we snagged a top notch receiver like, Nicks if he was there, or one of those hybrid de/olb/athletically freakish guys. I just don't expect us to take an OL for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Denton View Post
    What or who would you rather have with are first pick?
    I think Center is a big concern for us. Are you thinking LT?
    obviously i would like to move up and grab oher or more likely beatty. mack and unger are both good, but neither are nick mangold-like prospects and thats what you have to be to be a first round center. center is a pretty deep class this year and its likely one of those guys will be there mid-second anyway, plus eric wood is another guy that is a good prospect. while the interior of the line needs help, they need to address the glaring need at tackle, especially since colon will help the interior line if they can move him inside. it all comes down to what they think about hills. my favorite first round picks are

-Michael Oher who will be long gone
    -Beatty who might fall within easy trade up range
    -Tyson Jackson who is a monster against the run and is basically the black aaron smith
    -Theres not a corner i would consider unless its vontae davis who will be gone
    -Darius Heyward-Bey....6-2 and runs a solid 4.3 flat, if hes there they could take him real quick

Basically we will need to be aggressive in the first round if we want one of those guys, but trading down would be an ok option too, more second round picks could help us get one of those centers, possibly duke robinson, gilbert, or lewis

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by darnik44 View Post
    Keep in mind the Steelers will have a significantly high compensatory pick for Alan Faneca. It could be at the end of the 3rd, but certainly by the end of the 4th. They should also get one for Clark Haggans (I think). Predicting comp picks isn't my cup of tea.

I based my picks on the assumption they would get a comp. pick at the end of the 3rd and another one somewhere around round 6.

I also doubt Byrd lasts until the end of the 5th. I have him as a late 3rd to early 4th round pick.
    yeah i just wasnt couting on that yet, until we know for sure, what they are
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

I'm not a Heyward-Bey fan. He is fast as hell but he is kinda skinny and runs God-Awful routes

Thread Information