Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Byron Leftwich

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted

Byron Leftwich

Has anyone herd anything about Byron. I thought for sure he'd get an offer from another team. Steelers only gave him a one year contact, right?

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the united steeler nation.
    And to the franchise for which it stands. One nation of domination
    With the ability to crush you all.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Byron isn't going to be offered a starting job anywhere. There's no market for him right now even as a fill in as far as I can tell. Teams that did have potential QB issues like Detroit or KC have been working on them or have solved them already. Byron will more than likely come back to be the 2nd string to Ben and Batch will retire or maybe come on aboard as an assistant. That's my

My Mood
    afc-hater
    yea, one year deal. KC went after Cassell, but the Bears, 49ers and Vikings still have yet to make a move at QB. I think Lefty might wind up in Chicago or even back with the Steelers as the #2.
    Last edited by Steel Trap86; 03-05-2009 at 02:35 PM.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Byron isn't going to be offered a starting job anywhere. There's no market for him right now even as a fill in as far as I can tell. Teams that did have potential QB issues like Detroit or KC have been working on them or have solved them already. Byron will more than likely come back to be the 2nd string to Ben and Batch will retire or maybe come on aboard as an assistant. That's my
    I'd like to see Byron stay on as our backup QB. I thought he was good enough that another team might pick him up.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the united steeler nation.
    And to the franchise for which it stands. One nation of domination
    With the ability to crush you all.

My Mood
    saints-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by Xplosive_Steel View Post
    yea, one year deal. KC went after Cassell, but the Bears, 49ers and Vikings still have yet to make a move at QB. I think Lefty might wind up in Chicago or even back with the Steelers as the #2.
    The Vikings went out and traded for Sage Rosenfals from the Texans last week to compete with Tavaris Jackson for their starting QB job so you can scratch them off the list. The Bears and Niners are still two possiblities but I dont think at this point either team will sign Leftwich. The odds are starting to look a lot better then they were let's say a month ago that Lefty will be back as the backup QB for the Steelers in 2009 and maybe beyond which in my opinion is definitely not a bad thing...

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    The Vikings went out and traded for Sage Rosenfals from the Texans last week to compete with Tavaris Jackson for their starting QB job so you can scratch them off the list. The Bears and Niners are still two possiblities but I dont think at this point either team will sign Leftwich. The odds are starting to look a lot better then they were let's say a month ago that Lefty will be back as the backup QB for the Steelers in 2009 and maybe beyond which in my opinion is definitely not a bad thing...
    I think your right, but I kinda would like to get a good draft pick for him.
    Be who you are, become what you dream....

Steel City Mafia # 632
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean Denton View Post
    I think your right, but I kinda would like to get a good draft pick for him.
    Agreed..We are pretty set in the QB rotation without him..Batch will be back 100% and him and Dixon can battle it our for the 2 or 3 spot. If we could get a good trade or draft pick outta Leftwhich then i'm all for it.He proved he can still play at a high level in this league and i'd love to see him do good out in San Fran or wherever he'd end up.I still think Jville might be kickin themselves for giving up on him so fast.

"He's running around there, running his mouth, doing all that, but if you watch him on film and really look, where was Ray Lewis? He was nowhere to be found. I could have tackled the water boy and had as many tackles as him. He didn't do nothing today. He's all mouth. When you talk like that, that's what happens: You get hit in the mouth. He's over there crying now, thinking about what went wrong. You got your *** whipped, that's what." ~ Peazy

batch wont be back....

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    TG! Whats wrong with you! Scalalid said that he could start for 16 teams! I know he is better than brady quinn!

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

Steel City Mafia # 632
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    batch wont be back....
    You saying this if Leftwhich returns? If Byron comes back then i can see Batch would be gone...but if someone Bites on Byron..why wouldn't Batch come back?...dude would take the league minimum to stay with us..he's already said many times he doesn't want to leave the Steeler organization.
    Last edited by ItAintEasyBeingPeazy; 03-05-2009 at 05:49 PM.

"He's running around there, running his mouth, doing all that, but if you watch him on film and really look, where was Ray Lewis? He was nowhere to be found. I could have tackled the water boy and had as many tackles as him. He didn't do nothing today. He's all mouth. When you talk like that, that's what happens: You get hit in the mouth. He's over there crying now, thinking about what went wrong. You got your *** whipped, that's what." ~ Peazy

Thread Information