Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Nate Visits With Titans; **UPDATE** Nate Sign with Titans

Bookmark and Share
    The Cowboys have their offense centered around a pwer run game and Jason Witten...FACT!!

All I have listed plus more just have the better resume. I don't want to devalue Ward but even the average guys (Irving Fryar, Keyshawn Johnson) have the better numbers. It takes numbers (unless you're Lynn Swann but thats another story) to get in.

you dont think cowher would have gotten andre johnson the ball if he had him on his team? cowher tried being pass happy but didnt have the personell to do it, not QB or WR

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    I like nate, but he needs more time to develop... He was good for ONE big play a game.
    He won't do much better in Tenn., he joins a team of a running game and a bunch of #2 receivers AT BEST
    sorry Nate, you were best utilized here as a breakaway #3 receiver who got open a few times a game
    Oakland, Where Careers Go To Die!!!!!

http://myxilplik.mybrute.com

http://tironne.mybrute.com

Tailgate Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverback 92 View Post
    sweed gonna have to step up is all

Exactly, best of luck to Nate.

I'm A "Champion"

Draft Pick
    Nate could be good for the Titans for one main reason. He can provide that deep threat, taking pressure off of Johnson to make catches in the middle.

Still don't know if he is worth that kind of cash, but he is almost exactly the kind of player they needed. Funny to think they could have Boldin for that kind of money though.

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    you dont think cowher would have gotten andre johnson the ball if he had him on his team? cowher tried being pass happy but didnt have the personell to do it, not QB or WR
    If Cowher had a QB, Ward would have much better numbers then he does now. Cowher talked about the season he tried to be a pass happy coach (2003), and he claims it failed due to injury on the OL. I think that could be part of it, and the other being Maddox...And point of fact, no I dont think Johnson would have gotten the ball any more under Cowher then anyone else did. Unless he could get open so much more then everyone else. Plus, yes I'm sure there would have been some plays drawn up for him, but what WR doesn't have that?

--- Added 3/4/2009 at 10:50 AM ---

Quote Originally Posted by steelcityrockers View Post
    The Cowboys have their offense centered around a pwer run game and Jason Witten...FACT!!

All I have listed plus more just have the better resume. I don't want to devalue Ward but even the average guys (Irving Fryar, Keyshawn Johnson) have the better numbers. It takes numbers (unless you're Lynn Swann but thats another story) to get in.
    If you dont think the Cowboys offense isn't influenced by the constant bitching and moaning of Owens your crazy. If the cowboys spent more time focusing on their power running game and less time trying to get that Diva Owens the ball they might, and I stress might win a playoff game. And not in a million years would I or Cowher take Fryar or Johnson over Ward. You do realize that Ward is a huge reason why the running game in Pittsburgh was so good. There is no way in hell either one of those two guys would open run lanes to the outside like Ward. I loved Fryar, but he would never fit in to what Cowher wanted to do. And he was not so great that Cowher would have changed his entire offense to fit what Fryar could do best. Coaches get players to fit into what they are trying to do, not the other way around. I find it hard to believe that if Cowher landed Fryar or Harrison he would have all of a sudden started using the West coast Offense or the Run and Shoot....
    Be who you are, become what you dream....

Ok, how about this one then, Mushin Muhammad is just the blocker Ward is. Just watch it one day. Perhaps he does not take the well-timed cheap shots, but he is very good.

The Cowboys did try to get Owens more involved this year, but Jason Witten is Romo's number one target. He is usually the first read.

I was not saying that Fryar or Harrison or whomever would fit Cowher's plan (they could, for the record), but my point was that Fryar was a completely average receiver who has better numbers than Ward.

Steel City Mafia # 632
    Perhaps he does not take the well-timed cheap shots, but he is very good.
    wow..really? well timed shots..yes. cheap?...hell no..it's kill or get killed.

"He's running around there, running his mouth, doing all that, but if you watch him on film and really look, where was Ray Lewis? He was nowhere to be found. I could have tackled the water boy and had as many tackles as him. He didn't do nothing today. He's all mouth. When you talk like that, that's what happens: You get hit in the mouth. He's over there crying now, thinking about what went wrong. You got your *** whipped, that's what." ~ Peazy

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Ok, how about this one then, Mushin Muhammad is just the blocker Ward is. Just watch it one day. Perhaps he does not take the well-timed cheap shots, but he is very good.

The Cowboys did try to get Owens more involved this year, but Jason Witten is Romo's number one target. He is usually the first read.

I was not saying that Fryar or Harrison or whomever would fit Cowher's plan (they could, for the record), but my point was that Fryar was a completely average receiver who has better numbers than Ward.
    But there are not too many WR that mean as much to their team as Ward has. Fryar included. And I dont care what the media says about the Romo picking favorite thing, Owens is the number one target. Witten is just the most reliable. And I for one like Mushin, just not anywhere near what I like Ward. and Ward shots aren't cheap, there just better. dont hate because he can blow people off their feet. dont forget the flags that Ward draws for people getting pissed. No one else offers that either. No WR in the history of the league has given more hidden yardage then Ward. He gets more 15 yard flags for pissing off DB's then anyone could dream about. If this could be added to his stats he would be miles ahead of who ever has the most yards....Are you gonna tell me that those yards dont matter?
    Be who you are, become what you dream....

My Mood
    saints-hater

cheap shots? is that a baltimore accent i hear? lol man ward throws 200 pounds at starting safety's and sometimes even linebackers. that shot he gave reed was front center, keith rivers got caught, he was running in wards direction and he was open so ward layed him the **** out, thats how you play. muschin muhammed? LOL get real

Thread Information