Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Nate Visits With Titans; **UPDATE** Nate Sign with Titans

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    OVER PAID if you ask me. Im sorry Nate wasn't worth that much
    DJ Crimefighter @ Insaneradio.us

BEst of luck to Nate.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

I read one post saying they want Clark to hit Nate like he did Welker...From what I recall, Nate never left the sideline pattern routes. I can't think of a single time Nate was in the middle of the field. That was always Hines, Santonio, or the TE's... He won't cross the middle of the field now knowing that the sharks are swimming there. I hope old man Collins throws to him 10 times when they play the Steelers, and he drops 'em all...

I appreciate the times he did catch the ball, but I'm glad all we have to worry about is Sweed hanging on to them now, not both of them...
    Good luck Nate, but not against the Steelers....

...Your ring is in the mail, by the way...Last one you'll ever see....

Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Teams just never learn do they. Super Bowl champ ARE went to Redskins, what has he done..nothing. Thigpen before that like BR7 said. Now Nate...the Steelers are the premier front office in the league. They know when a player is or isn't worth the money and if he is they are willing to pony up the dough. If the Steelers don't think Nate is worth 16m then sure go ahead TN, overpay him and you'll find out!

Actually, Randle-El has become a very solid possession receiver for the Redskins.

And what is with all the hate on Washington? He was a a good player for the Steelers. He had like, 4 drops, which made him the Anti-Christ apparently, which I find even more strange considering Hines Ward has dropped more than his fair share.

Quote Originally Posted by steelcityrockers View Post
    Actually, Randle-El has become a very solid possession receiver for the Redskins.
    Isn't he making 6 M/year? Has he done enough to warrant that kind of money?

Is Nate worth 4.5M/year? What do 3rd WR's make?
    Losing Nate is actually good for us. Gives Limas a chance and we'll get a compensatory pick next year as well.

ARE signed a 7 year $31 million deal with a lot of incentives in it I think. So he is making at most 4.4 million per year. This year, in fact, he has a base salary of only 1.5 million which for a stating receiver is quite cheap.

You have to remember that the contract numbers you see, most will never actually get that much. For instance, in all reality Albert Haynesworth signed a 4 year $48 million deal. The last 3 years are ridiculously back loaded and filled with incentives.

And Nate has the most potential of any receiver on the market. I think he was very fairly compensated. Considering he was the 3rd receiver on a team that does not throw that often and was a UDFA from freaking Tiffin (a so-so D-III school) he has grown a lot and still has a lot of room to grow. He has all the physical tools to become one of the league's better receiver. Also, he will not be the 3rd receiver for the Titans. He will likely be the 2nd option next to Bo Scaife and the team's primary deep threat.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Was hoping we could bring him back, but oh well. Good luck Nate.

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Troy is going to clean him out. Remember what Ward did to Woodson when Rod jumped ship to the Ravens? Remember that hit????? Nate is in big trouble. He was not with this team long enough to always be a Steeler, and he will pay for his greed.....The blood will burn when he pee's..........
    Be who you are, become what you dream....

I am really confused why people hate Nate Washington now. A guy can't be blamed for leaving a team where he has no hope in the immediate future of becoming THE guy and getting some scratch.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    It's not hate on Washington so much as it is realizing the dude has been decent for us but not spectacular. He's an all or nothing player, he won't you the tough, hard earned yards. He's a big play or drop the ball type of guy. Yes he did get better and made big plays for us down the stretch in 2008 but he was hardly a big name guy.

I think we all knew he was going to leave, he wants to start and that wasn't going to happen here. The Rooney's knew Nate wasn't worth the kind of money he would get in FA. I'll stick with their take on a players worth because they are rarely wrong.

Thread Information