Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Nate Visits With Titans; **UPDATE** Nate Sign with Titans

Bookmark and Share
    Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Xplosive_Steel View Post
    cheap shots? is that a baltimore accent i hear? lol man ward throws 200 pounds at starting safety's and sometimes even linebackers. that shot he gave reed was front center, keith rivers got caught, he was running in wards direction and he was open so ward layed him the **** out, thats how you play. muschin muhammed? LOL get real
    you left out how briliant I am. Other then that, you are right. bout time some had my back on this.
    Be who you are, become what you dream....

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Denton View Post
    But there are not too many WR that mean as much to their team as Ward has. Fryar included. And I dont care what the media says about the Romo picking favorite thing, Owens is the number one target. Witten is just the most reliable. And I for one like Mushin, just not anywhere near what I like Ward. and Ward shots aren't cheap, there just better. dont hate because he can blow people off their feet. dont forget the flags that Ward draws for people getting pissed. No one else offers that either. No WR in the history of the league has given more hidden yardage then Ward. He gets more 15 yard flags for pissing off DB's then anyone could dream about. If this could be added to his stats he would be miles ahead of who ever has the most yards....Are you gonna tell me that those yards dont matter?
    I'm not saying they are illegal or even wrong, but yeah, they're cheap shots.

And no, he has not racked up over 12,000 penalty yards against opponents so he is not "miles ahead" of Jerry Rice.

Plenty of people get in the opposing players face. Cortland Finnegan does a tremendous job of this as did Sean Taylor, Chad Johnson, DeAngelo Hall, TO etc..hell even I do this in freaking High School. It isn't some singular talent only he possesses.

--- Added 3/4/2009 at 03:42 PM ---

Quote Originally Posted by Xplosive_Steel View Post
    cheap shots? is that a baltimore accent i hear? lol man ward throws 200 pounds at starting safety's and sometimes even linebackers. that shot he gave reed was front center, keith rivers got caught, he was running in wards direction and he was open so ward layed him the **** out, thats how you play. muschin muhammed? LOL get real

Have you ever actually watched Mushin Muhammed lock? Seriously? He is a VERY good blocker and seals the edge well. Ward is probably the best blocking Wide Receiver, but several other are good too. Don't assume that only Ward can block. Anquan Boldin is another guy who does it well.

wards hits are cheap, they arent illegal but if any player did that to one of our guys you guys would be calling for a flag, a fine and a suspension....hes just really smart about them and makes them clean in a technical sense

rockers i literally agree with everything youve said in this thread, its just impossible to reason with homerism.

ward is the only wr that blocks, hes the best ever, hes so perfect, hes revolutionized the position and hes just the reason we can do anything...everything ward does is just so right
    Last edited by K Train; 03-04-2009 at 04:48 PM.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityrockers View Post
    I'm not saying they are illegal or even wrong, but yeah, they're cheap shots.

And no, he has not racked up over 12,000 penalty yards against opponents so he is not "miles ahead" of Jerry Rice.

Plenty of people get in the opposing players face. Cortland Finnegan does a tremendous job of this as did Sean Taylor, Chad Johnson, DeAngelo Hall, TO etc..hell even I do this in freaking High School. It isn't some singular talent only he possesses.

--- Added 3/4/2009 at 03:42 PM ---

Have you ever actually watched Mushin Muhammed lock? Seriously? He is a VERY good blocker and seals the edge well. Ward is probably the best blocking Wide Receiver, but several other are good too. Don't assume that only Ward can block. Anquan Boldin is another guy who does it well.
    No WR draws more flags then Ward. And Rice isn;t 12,000 yards ahead of Ward. Is he? Either way, add the totals,and if Rice is the only one ahead of Ward with yards, thats really not a bad person to be behind. But lets be fair with that too. Ward has not had Montana/young throwing him the ball. ****, I hate Seattle, but if Steve Largent had Montana/young throwing him the ball he would be the all time WR. He's in the HOF and I think Ward is better......No, I know Ward is better.

He's basically the Terry Bradshaw of Wide Receivers, or the Asian Matt Jones.

--- Added 3/4/2009 at 03:56 PM ---

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Denton View Post
    No WR draws more flags then Ward. And Rice isn;t 12,000 yards ahead of Ward. Is he? Either way, add the totals,and if Rice is the only one ahead of Ward with yards, thats really not a bad person to be behind. But lets be fair with that too. Ward has not had Montana/young throwing him the ball. ****, I hate Seattle, but if Steve Largent had Montana/young throwing him the ball he would be the all time WR. He's in the HOF and I think Ward is better......No, I know Ward is better.

He is 13,115 yards behind Rice actually. And all the players I've listed previously plus dozens of others are well ahead of him. Steve Largent also has more yards and everything else than Ward too. I really couldn't tell if you were being sarcastic here though...

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    wards hits are cheap, they arent illegal but if any player did that to one of our guys you guys would be calling for a flag, a fine and a suspension....hes just really smart about them and makes them clean in a technical sense

rockers i literally agree with everything youve said in this thread, its just impossible to reason with homerism.

ward is the only wr that blocks, hes the best ever, hes so perfect, hes revolutionized the position and hes just the reason we can do anything...everything ward does is just so right
    Good lord man you finally are coming around. You now after all this time realize Ward has revolutionized the position. And you hit the nail on the head when you said everything he does is right. You rock man...do youlike grilled cheese sandwiches too?

--- Added 3/4/2009 at 04:07 PM ---

He's basically the Terry Bradshaw of Wide Receivers, or the Asian Matt Jones.

--- Added 3/4/2009 at 03:56 PM ---

He is 13,115 yards behind Rice actually. And all the players I've listed previously plus dozens of others are well ahead of him. Steve Largent also has more yards and everything else than Ward too. I really couldn't tell if you were being sarcastic here though...
    So are you now saying Bradshaw is average at best? Because I know thats not what I'm reading. Last time I checked no QB has made bigger plays in the 4th quarter of 4 SB then Bradshaw.

And what part were you not sure if I was being sarcastic? I'll shot ya straight, just ask because there is a good posibility I was. Give me a minute though, Hines is calling me on my private line.

We are NOT getting into another Bradshaw argument. Please.

And I never said Ward was average at best. He is a good, steady player but he is not great.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    We are NOT getting into another Bradshaw argument. Please.

And I never said Ward was average at best. He is a good, steady player but he is not great.
    Ward is great, and you brought up Bradshaw. Stop getting nervous behind the key board.

I brought up Bradshaw because, well, K Train knows what I'm talking about. It's a joke, mostly.

And who the fucck you saying gets nervous? Where the hell do you get that from?

My Mood
    Aggressive
    I brought up Bradshaw because, well, K Train knows what I'm talking about. It's a joke, mostly.

And who the fucck you saying gets nervous? Where the hell do you get that from?
    I think it would be better if you didn't use words like F*ck. Unless you tell me that you have a wallet with BMF on it. I said you got nervous because you brought up Bradshaw then back peddled out of there. I dont think its funny to be poking fun at Bradshaw, we all know that he's not all that smart. But that is no reason to throw him under the bus. and what makes you think Ktrain has any idea what your talking about? He has not had his meds yet today and is really close to blowing a fuse. I know Ktrain, and he's only being agreeable with you to get under my skin. He knows Ward is the man, and loves everything about him.

Thread Information