Thread: Friggin' Lard Butt, Steeler Fans Can Say this Stuff.....He Can't (I wish)

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Amazed

Friggin' Lard Butt, Steeler Fans Can Say this Stuff.....He Can't (I wish)

OPINION
    By Bill Williamson
    MSNBC contributor
    Updated: 7:18 p.m. ET Oct 31, 2006
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15498716/

Bill Williamson

Remember last season, when the Steelers came back from a 7-5 record and won the entire thing?

It was one of the NFLís most celebrated late-season turnarounds. If the St. Louis Cardinals are lauded for winning the World Series title after an 83-78 record and choking down the September stretch, the Steelersí championship run after starting 7-5 is just as impressive.

The Steelers were in a terrible position ó and they would kill to be that position again.

The Steelers are 2-5. Defending that Super Bowl title appears bleak at best. Thatís right, Bill Cowherís team would have to win their next five games to be 7-5, the same lousy predicament they fought out of last season.

Itís not going to happen. The Steelers are done.

Thereís no way a 10-win season will be enough to make the AFC playoffs, which means the Steelers need to win every remaining game. An 8-1 finish wouldnít be good enough. The Steelersí push to win out begins Sunday, against Denver. A much better Denver team. An angry Denver team that just got nipped by the Colts at home.

Good luck, Pittsburgh. The Steelersí problems also run much deeper than their immediate opponents. They have their own, pressing issues at hand.

Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is struggling mightily. Big Ben was dominant in his first two NFL season because he didnít try to take over. He was a part of a mistake-free offense. Now, after the motorcycle accident, an emergency appendectomy and the concussion. Big Ben is a big mess.

Heís not a part of the solution. He is the problem. He has thrown 11 interceptions and the Steelers are 1-5 with him playing. People are calling for Charlie Batch. Yes, Charlie Batch.

Things are bad in Pittsburgh. The season is lost. Itís over. The Steelers may have proven a 7-5 record in December is not an impossibility, but they are going to prove this year that a 2-5 record at Halloween does signify the end.
    Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

House of Steel
    You got an e mail address for this jackass, Lyn? I love to give him a piece of my mind. He is more than a lard butt. I am sick and tired of idiots throwing in the towel too early in the season. Yes, we are at the midway point, but you know miracles do happen for a reason. By the way, need to tell lard ***, we still have 5 divisional games including 2 games with Baltimore, 2 games with Cleveland, and one left with Cincy. WE CAN WIN THE DAMN DIVISION AND MAKE THE PLAYOFFS!!! Now, lard butt, did you ever think of that in your cobweb head?

My Mood
    Amazed

Wink

I really have no idea but I would assume it is bill.williamson@msnbc.com

that may be at msnbcsports.com
    Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

House of Steel
    OPINION
    By Bill Williamson
    MSNBC contributor
    Updated: 7:18 p.m. ET Oct 31, 2006
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15498716/

Bill Williamson

Remember last season, when the Steelers came back from a 7-5 record and won the entire thing?

It was one of the NFL’s most celebrated late-season turnarounds. If the St. Louis Cardinals are lauded for winning the World Series title after an 83-78 record and choking down the September stretch, the Steelers’ championship run after starting 7-5 is just as impressive.

The Steelers were in a terrible position — and they would kill to be that position again.

The Steelers are 2-5. Defending that Super Bowl title appears bleak at best. That’s right, Bill Cowher’s team would have to win their next five games to be 7-5, the same lousy predicament they fought out of last season.

It’s not going to happen. The Steelers are done.

There’s no way a 10-win season will be enough to make the AFC playoffs, which means the Steelers need to win every remaining game. An 8-1 finish wouldn’t be good enough. The Steelers’ push to win out begins Sunday, against Denver. A much better Denver team. An angry Denver team that just got nipped by the Colts at home.

Good luck, Pittsburgh. The Steelers’ problems also run much deeper than their immediate opponents. They have their own, pressing issues at hand.

Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is struggling mightily. Big Ben was dominant in his first two NFL season because he didn’t try to take over. He was a part of a mistake-free offense. Now, after the motorcycle accident, an emergency appendectomy and the concussion. Big Ben is a big mess.

He’s not a part of the solution. He is the problem. He has thrown 11 interceptions and the Steelers are 1-5 with him playing. People are calling for Charlie Batch. Yes, Charlie Batch.

Things are bad in Pittsburgh. The season is lost. It’s over. The Steelers may have proven a 7-5 record in December is not an impossibility, but they are going to prove this year that a 2-5 record at Halloween does signify the end."

This is what I wrote to the damn lard ***, himself.

Dear Mr. Williamson,
    I copied and pasted this from your quote for your information and research by the way. My name is David Saurer, I am a very big rabid fan of the Steelers residing in Cleveland, Ohio. This was given to me in a Steelers forum to read. Obviously, from the looks of this stupidest opinion I've ever read, you rank right with your main man, Jim Armstrong, as the two biggest lard butts at the Denver Post. Did you just write that cause the Steelers are coming to Denver? Let's get something straight here, pal. First of all, the Steelers are not out of the playoff picture for your information. We still have 5 and I mean 5 Division games left in our schedule, 2 with Baltimore, 2 with Cleveland, and finally one last meeting with Cincy at PBS aka Heinz Field South. Techinally speaking, we can still clinch the division and blow right in the playoffs. Now my friend, where were you last season when the Steelers were 7-5 and have their backs against the wall? We all know what happened then on out. THE STEELERS WILL REBOUND AND MAKE A RAVING STATEMENT TO THE DAMN MEDIA AND THE LEAGUE. I guarantee you now, mark my words, WE WILL STORM INTO PLAYOFFS and whip the living daylights out of everyone. The turnaround starts in Denver. You do remember, we own the Snake and Mike S's ***. I will always say this, at the end of this season, I will own your *** also when my words prove right. Have a nice day, moron. One last thing, make sure you bang your head against the wall a few times and get the cobwebs loose.

David Saurer
    Rabid Steelers Fan
    Cleveland, Ohio

House of Steel
    Good stuff, thanks for readig, BW.
    I guess this is his reaction. Same old, same old reaction. Like he gives a good damn.

While it's true that this season is practically over, and it certainly seems impossible to make the playoffs when we're 2-5, this guy clearly doesn't know what he's talking about. The problem is Ben? Maybe against the Raiders. But he also threw for 300 yards, and he was great in the previous 2 games. The problem is the lack of discipline and luck, and all the turnovers. Is this guy really from Denver? Because I'd love to see what he says if the Steelers win this sunday.
    Who Ride?! WE RIDE!!! Long live the Boot!!!

"I'll always be a Steeler" - Joey Porter
    "Once a Steeler, always a Steeler" - Kordell Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think we should make willie parker eat lots and lots of cake so we have a power running game

House of Steel
    I got his address saved, so I am about to write this lard *** a nice little kick in the *** if it happens.

Thread Information