Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Other Steeler Tenders

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel

Other Steeler Tenders

STEELERS HANG ONTO MADISON, COLON, AND MCHUGH
    Posted by Aaron Wilson on February 26, 2009, 5:33 p.m.
    The Pittsburgh Steelers announced today that they’ve retained a trio of restricted free agents: offensive tackle Willie Colon, cornerback Anthony Madison and tight end/fullback Sean McHugh.

The Steelers didn’t announce the tender levels for the players.

Earlier today, Adam Caplan of Scout.com reported that Colon received the first-round tender of $2.198 million.

The Steelers also retained exclusive-rights free agent fullback Carey Davis and offensive tackle Jeremy Parquet.

UPDATE: Per Caplan, Madison received the low tender of $1.01 million.
    as it unfolds...
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

My Mood
    Addicted
    Actually i like Madison, Mchugh, but why did they release Humpal? an why did they tender anything to that bum Davis?

question, can someone answer this.... what the hell does tender a player mean?

Tailgate Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXBURGH View Post
    Actually i like Madison, Mchugh, but why did they release Humpal? an why did they tender anything to that bum Davis?

Exacly, why keep that load Davis?

I'm A "Champion"

Tendering a player means that if another team was to offer them a deal, the Steelers would have a time period to match the deal, or be compensated with draft picks (depending on the tender level). Example, if another team chooses to offer Colon a better deal, the Steelers have the option to match the offer and retain Colon, or let him go and receive two first round draft picks in compensation. Understood?

Carey Davis was a Exclusive Rights Free Agent (ERFA) they didnt tender him anything. They just gave him a contract he either signs or doesn't play football. He is actually a very good Special Teams, as well as the only FB currently on the roster (McHugh is more of a TE)

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    When it counted, especially towards the end of the year... the Steelers turned to McHugh to lead block over Davis.
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Davis sucks, and we have nowhere to put the bum.

Steel City Mafia # 632
    Quote Originally Posted by ToothAche View Post
    Davis sucks, and we have nowhere to put the bum.
    I'd have to agree..the guys is average at best. Mchugh could be the answer if they put him exclusively in the FB role..He's huge and could definately open up some holes for FWP and Mendenhall.I think they weren't sure exactly where to put Mchugh early..either TE or FB..but you let him be the premiere FB and i think he'll do fine.Keep Davis for depth and Special teams.

"He's running around there, running his mouth, doing all that, but if you watch him on film and really look, where was Ray Lewis? He was nowhere to be found. I could have tackled the water boy and had as many tackles as him. He didn't do nothing today. He's all mouth. When you talk like that, that's what happens: You get hit in the mouth. He's over there crying now, thinking about what went wrong. You got your *** whipped, that's what." ~ Peazy

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    McHugh played much better, Davis runs for more negative yards than anything else. This team hasn't had a solid lead blocker for years now, clearly Davis isn't the answer. I would have rather seem him cut then come back, the only good thing is that he is solid on ST.

Thread Information