Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers Sign 2 Players & place 2 on IR

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted

Steelers Sign 2 Players & place 2 on IR

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Steelers Place Harrison and Haynes on Injured List; Add Two Players to Roster

PITTSBURGH — The Steelers made two roster moves today as a result of injuries suffered during the team's game at Oakland last Sunday, Oct. 29.

The team announced today that fifth-year running back Verron Haynes and second-year linebacker Arnold Harrison were placed on the Steelers' reserve/injured list after they each injured a knee in Sunday's game. Both players are out for the remainder of the 2006 season.

The Steelers added depth at linebacker by claiming third-year veteran Marquis Cooper off waivers from the Minnesota Vikings. Cooper was originally drafted in the third round of the 2004 NFL Draft by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers out of the University of Washington. He played in 26 games in two seasons (14 in 2004 and 12 in 2005) with the Buccaneers.

Cooper was with the Minnesota Vikings in 2006 and was active for one game (Oct. 1 at Buffalo) before being waived on Oct. 30.

To shore up depth in their offensive backfield, the Steelers signed first-year running back John Kuhn, who had been on the team's practice squad after being released during the preseason. Kuhn, originally signed with the Steelers in 2005 out of Shippensburg, and also spent part of last season on the team's practice squad.

Kuhn set 27 school records and four Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference (PSAC) records during his college career. He gained 5,300 all-purpose yards including 4,685 yards rushing and 53 touchdowns on 910 carries (5.2 avg.) as a collegian, all school records.

The Steelers replaced Kuhn on their practice squad by re-signing rookie running back Cedric Humes, whom the team drafted in the seventh round of the 2006 NFL Draft.
    LINK: http://news.steelers.com/article/71041/

the pats just released Chidi, why not sign him?
    Who Ride?! WE RIDE!!! Long live the Boot!!!

"I'll always be a Steeler" - Joey Porter
    "Once a Steeler, always a Steeler" - Kordell Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think we should make willie parker eat lots and lots of cake so we have a power running game

Kuhn is the man! Now thats a goaline back
    "Racing doesn't teach a lesson. Nor do most racers. Many of them can't even tell you why they're in the cockpit. They don't know. Racing isn't what they do. It's who they are."

R.I.P. Dan Wheldon

House of Steel
    I wouldn't mind getting Chidi back, he could really help our ST big time til Reid is back and healthy.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Wow! We have come full circle from the preseason already...lol Back to talking about the players we were talking about then.

I say cut Staley already. It's clear they won't use him or he can't play anymore so clear up some room on the roster for the younger guys. Glad to see Kuhn on the team. Now will BC ever use him?

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    kuhn from another board is overhyped....and won't be ****, i guarantee it
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by House of Steel View Post
    I wouldn't mind getting Chidi back, he could really help our ST big time til Reid is back and healthy.
    I would love to have Chidi back. He could definitely make an impact on ST.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    hell yes, getting Chidi back should be a damn top priority ! As bad as our special teams are we should bringing back the best ST ace we had for the last several years...but once again Cowher is most likely too damn stubborn to realize that...

I like bringing Kuhn back, I hope he's able to contribute some for us.

Chidi would be an awesome pick up and probably the best damn move that Cowher has made all year!! I'm starting to feel sorry for Humes and Kuhn, they are getting used like some cheap whores!

My Mood
    Amazed

Steelers Place RB Haynes, LB Harrison on IR

October 31, 2006
    PITTSBURGH (Ticker) - The Pittsburgh Steelers have lost third-down back Verron Haynes and reserve linebacker Arnold Harrison for the remainder of the season.

The defending Super Bowl champions placed both on injured reserve on Tuesday, ending their seasons.

Haynes and Harrison suffered knee injuries in last Sunday's 20-13 loss at Oakland.

Haynes caught 18 passes for 95 yards and rushed for 78 yards on 15 carries this season - his fifth with the team.

Harrison started two games when Joey Porter was sidelined and totaled nine tackles in a 45-7 win over Kansas City on October 15 and a 41-38 overtime loss at Atlanta on October 22.

The Steelers signed running back John Kuhn off the practice squad and claimed linebacker Marquis Cooper off waivers from the Minnesota Vikings to replace Haynes and Harrison.

Pittsburgh also signed rookie running back Cedric Humes to the practice squad.

The Steelers are off to a 2-5 start for just the second time in the Bill Cowher era. In 2003, they were 2-6 en route to a 6-10 finish.
    Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

Thread Information