* Offensively, I’ll take WR Hakeem Nicks off the Steelers’ draft odds board. He ran a sub 4.5 40, and speed was supposed to be his weakness. In fact, most compare Nicks to Anquan Boldin, who ran a 4.72 40 at the combine. Nicks will be long, long gone, now.

* No matter how hard I try to spin this thing, I keep coming back to offensive linemen. My man Eric Wood (6-4, 310) ran a 5.17 40 and looked fluid in all of his drills. The only two interior linemen to run faster (less than a tenth of a second) both weighed less and couldn’t match Wood’s 30 reps on the bench. He’s still the odds-on favorite in the first round.

* A.Q. Shipley’s still my guy in the later rounds. In fact, I could live with a draft haul that includes Wood, Jamon Meredith and Shipley. Yes, it would be dull, but it be a foundation draft, which is the perfect post-championship draft.

Wexell has the right idea. Every time you go off dreaming of cornerbacks, defensive ends, and wide receivers just pop in a game tape and come back to reality. We need to bolster what was a very weak offensive line and our achilles heal all year long.