Thread: Shaun Rogers wants out of Cleveland already?

Bookmark and Share
    Tailgate Coordinator

Smile Shaun Rogers wants out of Cleveland already?

Browns Pro Bowl defensive tackle Shaun Rogers is so disgruntled with new coach Eric Mangini and the new regime that he's asked the team not to pay his guaranteed $6 million option bonus next month, nfl.com's Adam Schefter reported Tuesday night.

Schefter, according to a source close to Rogers, said the tackle would rather be released after only one season even though he's owed $15 million in guaranteed money. However, he hasn't asked yet to be released, the Browns told nfl.com.

Rogers is reportedly miffed about two off-season incidents in which he feels Mangini snubbed him. The first time, Mangini walked into the Browns' training room and didn't say hello to Rogers, the source said. The second time, Mangini and Rogers were together in the media room at the Greater Cleveland Sports Awards on Jan. 23 and neither acknowledged the other.

Mangini said at a news conference Feb. 4: "I didn't even realize Shaun was there at the time. I know that's probably hard to believe considering how big he is and how big I am. It's like two destroyers missing each other."

Mangini recently reached out to Rogers, according to the report. And a source within the Browns organization told Schefter that Mangini is still optimistic he can sway Rogers once they speak. But sources close to Rogers say he won't change his mind.

The report says some believe there are other reasons why Rogers wants to leave the Browns, but didn't specify.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/inde...ogers_rep.html

I'm A "Champion"

My Mood
    Chatty
    Wish I had a tissue for his quiver lips!!

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by Stlrs4Life View Post
    Browns Pro Bowl defensive tackle Shaun Rogers is so disgruntled with new coach Eric Mangini and the new regime that he's asked the team not to pay his guaranteed $6 million option bonus next month, nfl.com's Adam Schefter reported Tuesday night.

Schefter, according to a source close to Rogers, said the tackle would rather be released after only one season even though he's owed $15 million in guaranteed money. However, he hasn't asked yet to be released, the Browns told nfl.com.

Rogers is reportedly miffed about two off-season incidents in which he feels Mangini snubbed him. The first time, Mangini walked into the Browns' training room and didn't say hello to Rogers, the source said. The second time, Mangini and Rogers were together in the media room at the Greater Cleveland Sports Awards on Jan. 23 and neither acknowledged the other.

Mangini said at a news conference Feb. 4: "I didn't even realize Shaun was there at the time. I know that's probably hard to believe considering how big he is and how big I am. It's like two destroyers missing each other."

Mangini recently reached out to Rogers, according to the report. And a source within the Browns organization told Schefter that Mangini is still optimistic he can sway Rogers once they speak. But sources close to Rogers say he won't change his mind.

The report says some believe there are other reasons why Rogers wants to leave the Browns, but didn't specify.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/inde...ogers_rep.html
    If this story is true and that is the real reason Rogers wants out of Cleveland then that is flat out hilarious...Boy Mangina is already off to a great start down in Cleveland not even acknowledging one of his better players...lol

STEELER NATION RULES
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Maybe he's not as dumb as he looks.......probably not though.....

I don't talk to my boss either. I like it that way!
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    He used the coach as a way to get out of that crap franchise. He belongs with the Raiders anyways. Him and Haynesworth need to travel out west. Couple of cry baby, dirty players that belong with Al Davis....
    Be who you are, become what you dream....

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    He must really want out, to give up a guaranteed 6 million, must be nice. Hell I live in NE ohio, and I want out too!

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

Aint his nickname Big Baby...

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stairwayto7 View Post
    He must really want out, to give up a guaranteed 6 million, must be nice. Hell I live in NE ohio, and I want out too!
    I feel the same way also here's to the Clowns fans an this **** poor excuse of an state

Tailgate Coordinator
    Update:
    Weight mandate among issues prompting Shaun Rogers to ask Cleveland Browns to release him

by Mary Kay Cabot / Plain Dealer Reporter Thursday February 26, 2009, 2:09 PM

Joshua Gunter/ The Plain DealerShaun Rogers has asked for his release from the Browns.
    CLEVELAND -- Pro Bowl nose tackle Shaun Rogers has formally asked to be traded or released by the Browns and isn't likely to change his mind, a source close to Rogers said. Browns coach Eric Mangini has been trying to call the disgruntled tackle, but it's not yet known if the two have talked. Chances are, it wouldn't do much good anyway.
    Rogers is miffed not just about being snubbed by Mangini on two occasions, but also by a directive he received from an unknown club official regarding the offseason weight program.
    Despite playing all last season at his required weight -- which was listed at 350 -- Rogers was told by the Browns not to bother showing up for the offseason program on March 16th unless he was at a prescribed weight.
    The mandate angered Rogers because he was in compliance with his weight all last season. What's more, he played on a sore knee much of the year and with a sore shoulder for most of the second half. He left one game with a neck stinger and returned, never missing any time because of the injuries.
    Rogers came to Cleveland with a reputation for his weight ballooning in the second half of seasons, especially in 2007 when it was said that he ran out of gas. That never happened here. In fact, Rogers played some of his best ball down the stretch in 2008, despite the fact the Browns were out of the playoff hunt and in disarray.
    Rogers is also upset that the team failed to reach out to him even after they knew he was miffed about the snubs and the weight issue. The club knew that there was a sense of urgency on Rogers' part, but failed to respond until he asked to be released.
    Only now is Mangini trying to contact Rogers, and it may very well be too late.
    Rogers' agent, Kennard McGuire, made it clear on Wednesday that Rogers' issues have nothing to do with money or his contract. In fact, he'd rather be released than earn the $15 million he's still owed, including a $6 million option bonus due next month.
    The unfortunate part -- for Rogers and the Browns -- is that Rogers was rejuvenated in Cleveland and had a Pro Bowl season after virtually being run out of Detroit, where he was viewed as lazy and underacheiving. Rogers also rehabilitated his public image here. He was the best player the Browns had on defense last season and the cornerstone of the 3-4 defense.
    It appears now that Rogers would rather play elsewhere than deal with the new regime. For his part, Mangini has said he values Rogers highly, wants him on the team and never meant to snub or disrespect him. It's not known if the weight mandate came from Mangini or someone else.

I'm A "Champion"

Thread Information