Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Would losing McFadden hurt the Steelers defense next season???

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Clowns

Would losing McFadden hurt the Steelers defense next season???

I for one would like for McFadden to stay. The guy's been a solid (if not spectacular) performer in his short career and I believe his best days are ahead. Incase we forget, he pretty much salvaged the Indy playoff game a few years ago with a great play in the endzone going up against Reggie Wayne. Gay is decent but he's better suited as the third corner in the nickel package. Hopefully, B-Mac won't start thinking more highly of himself than he should and will negotiate a reasonable offer to stay in the Black & Gold. I feel if the Steelers give him a decent deal, he would probably sign it knowing the Steelers can contend for the next few season, and he will be playing with a GREAT D!!!!

Yes money is the most important thing, but after you have been used to winning SB's why would you want to take alot of money and go play for a ****** team?? As we sit here right now I think if the Steelers offer McFadden a fair deal he will probably take it but it wont be easy to do that's for sure.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    I think he knows the sum of the parts is greater than the individual parts... He played well and when he was out, the Defense didn't miss a beat with Taylor, Gay and Townsend
    I think Pitt will offer him something about 4 years 14 million I hope he doesn't get greedy and want 4 yr 30 million but I don't think a team is gonna offer himthat kind of scratch. He's good Solid not spectacular!!!

wouldnt be the end of the world...id like him back though

My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by Callax View Post
    I think he knows the sum of the parts is greater than the individual parts... He played well and when he was out, the Defense didn't miss a beat with Taylor, Gay and Townsend
    I think Pitt will offer him something about 4 years 14 million I hope he doesn't get greedy and want 4 yr 30 million but I don't think a team is gonna offer himthat kind of scratch. He's good Solid not spectacular!!!
    I think it's going to take more then 4 years 14 million to keep him around here. Now I dont know what the exact numbers are going to be but I think the Steelers are going to have to offer him at least somewhere in the range of close to 5 million a season I believe if they expect to keep him. There is no way he is going to stay here for only 3.5 million dollars a season like you just mentioned with those numbers you threw out there. There are a number of teams interested in McFadden such as the Titans and the Patriots who will definitely throw out more money then 3.5 million a season at him. It's going to be a matter of like I said if he is willing to take a fair deal and hang around here and have an excellent chance to win more rings, or if he is going to want to take the one big payday that every NFL player get their chance to get at least once in their career.

Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar
    BMac is now considered "seasoned" and is going into his prime as a player. Let's just say that if he leaves now ... we're going to miss out on his best years ever as a player.
    "The most interesting man on SA ... stay thirsty my friends"

gay will come in and we wont miss a beat though, this is a deep corner class....we can get some talented guys in the 2nd or 3rd to add some depth. i trust whatever they decide to do with him.

maybe if they could ****ing sign starks this would be easier

Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar
    Call me crazy, but I like BMac's cover skills more than I do Ike Taylors.
    "The most interesting man on SA ... stay thirsty my friends"

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City South View Post
    your crazy

Draft Pick
    My Mood
    Impatient
    Colbert said today at the combine that he expects teams to offer B-Mac TOP dollar. He thinks that he is the best corner available in free agency at the moment, because of the Asomugha and Hayden signings, and that Dunta Robinson Franchise tag. Colbert also said that this years draft is deep in Cb's......to me that means they are ready to part with B-mac if he doesn't accept their mediocre contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City South View Post
    disagree. i think BMac's ball skills are way better than ike's but ike's cover skills are very good.
    RIDICULOUSLY good looking...

Thread Information