Thread: Sammie Lee Hill

Bookmark and Share

Sammie Lee Hill

Sammie Lee Hill is one of my favorite players in this draft....right behind oher and lewis. Imo he will be the best lineman to come out of this draft in 2-3 years, meaning he puts the likes of raji to shame. i would love him in the 4th or 5th rounds. heres the scouting report
    6-4 330

Strengths:
    Outstanding size and bulk...Long arms...Very strong and powerful...A good athlete...Quick and agile...Stout at the point of attack...Can push the pocket...Nice hand use...Occupies multiple blockers...Productive.

Weaknesses:
    Did not face top competition...Not overly tough or physical...Lacks a killer instinct...Provides little as a pass rusher...Isn't explosive and lacks a burst..Doesn't always use proper leverage...Inconsistent effort.

Notes:
    Was a four-year starter for the Tigers...Could be a nose tackle or five technique in a 3-4 scheme...Named 1st Team All-SIAC in 2007 and 2008...Ran into a burning house to save a man in 2007...Hails from the same program that produced Brian Witherspoon last year...Small school sleeper who is still awfully raw...Extremely impressive physical specimen and you simply can't teach the type of rare size he possesses.
    hampton is a FA next year and this guy could play NT or LDE at a very high level imo

Combine Invite: Yes
    Height: 6037
    Weight: 329
    40 Yrd Dash: 5.12
    20 Yrd Dash: 2.84
    10 Yrd Dash: 1.69
    Vertical Jump: 28
    Broad Jump: 09'01"
    20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.97
    3-Cone Drill: 7.89
    225 Lb. Bench Reps: 27
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

I haven't seen him play, so I don't have much of an opinion on him as a football player either way. I like his measurables though. I guess anyone that runs into a burning house to save somebody is ok by me.

A lot of people think this season will be Casey Hampton's farewell tour as a Steeler. I have to agree. If history is any indication, the Steelers won't resign him.

Quote Originally Posted by darnik44 View Post
    I haven't seen him play, so I don't have much of an opinion on him as a football player either way. I like his measurables though. I guess anyone that runs into a burning house to save somebody is ok by me.

A lot of people think this season will be Casey Hampton's farewell tour as a Steeler. I have to agree. If history is any indication, the Steelers won't resign him.
    i really think in 3 years he could be a probowl NT, but his ability to also play LDE is intriguing too. Hes raw, and someone like him is kind of a risk but i think hes the kind of guy that the steelers or patriots will be all over

Thats seems to be the round where we really **** the bed... i dont fault the Dennis Dixon pick for the fact that dude would have walked with the Heismen if not for his knee injury. He also has the height, speed, heart and athleticism to be a serviceable back-up once Chuck retires.

Other than that were talking about Ryan McBean, Orien Harris and "Boo" Wallace... *crickets*... i'd like to see us find a nice project to leatn behind a great NT and be a nice 3rd stringer until he is needed!!

03/29/09 - Stillman College Pro day: Four players from Stillman College worked out at the Alabama Pro Day on March 11, with DT Sammie Lee Hill (6-4, 329 pounds) drawing the most interest. Hill stood on most of his numbers from the combine, though he worked out with defensive line coaches from the Philadelphia Eagles and Tampa Bay Buccaneers, as well as Cleveland Browns defensive line coach Bryan Cox. Hill has also worked out for the New England Patriots and Pittsburgh Steelers, with Steelers assistant head coach/defensive line coach John Mitchell in attendance. - Gil Brandt, NFL.com

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    03/29/09 - Stillman College Pro day: Four players from Stillman College worked out at the Alabama Pro Day on March 11, with DT Sammie Lee Hill (6-4, 329 pounds) drawing the most interest. Hill stood on most of his numbers from the combine, though he worked out with defensive line coaches from the Philadelphia Eagles and Tampa Bay Buccaneers, as well as Cleveland Browns defensive line coach Bryan Cox. Hill has also worked out for the New England Patriots and Pittsburgh Steelers, with Steelers assistant head coach/defensive line coach John Mitchell in attendance. - Gil Brandt, NFL.com
    I'm really starting to warm up to the idea of getting Gilbert and Hill. It looks like Gilbert would have to be taken at #32 and Hill might have to be drafted at the end of the 3rd. I'm not so sure he'll be there in the 4th or beyond. The downside is either the OL or CB would have to wait until the 4th round. Because of the weak CB class I think they would be better to wait on the OL until the 4th, but I don't really like that thought so much.

well its good mitchell was there to see him first hand, i think the patriots are some serious competition for him though....****ing pricks

Thread Information