Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: Steelers Targets By Round and Position

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #11
    2nd String darnik44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Ellwood City, PA
    Posts
    565
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post
    You sound like you are quite full of yourself. Your blathering manlove for BJ Raji is no different than the excitement many here had for Amobi Okoye a couple years back when he dominated at the senior bowl. Just like scout.com which you deny has any impact on your independent evaluations, BJ Raji has shot up their board just like yours amazingly after the senior bowl practices.

    I'm pretty sure that I'm smelling some BS.



    Not sure why you are not on an NFL teams payroll since your opinions are weighted and mean more than anybody elses.
    If believing in and being confident in your opinions makes you full of yourself, then I guess I am.

    As for Raji, I've had him as a first round prospect for several years now. I had him as a top 20 prospect going into last season prior to him being declared accademically ineligible. This year I've had him as a first rounder all year, and then bumped him into the top 10 after the Senior Bowl. Yes, pretty much everyone bumped him up after the Senior Bowl, but you would have to be clueless not to. Raji was the biggest (heaviest) defensive linemen there, and by far was the most agile. Seeing a 340+ pound guy move the way he does along with the fact he's a NT prospect (which there aren't many) makes him easily a top 10 prospect.

    As for Scout.com, I never look at their rankings. I just site them because they seem to be the overwhelming favorite around here.

    Fourteen years ago when I was a college Freshmen, my career choice wasn't to pursue a job in the NFL, that's why I don't work for a team. Because I don't work for a team, does that make my opinions worthless? I do however work for a website in my spare time and am privy to media credentials for various things because of it. It also enables me to take part in the yearly Huddle Report Top 100 and Mock draft contest. This contest I go head to head with the opinions of people like Mike Mayock, Mel Kiper, Todd McShay, Pat Kirwin, and all the other big names, draft sites, and magazines out there. Last year I finished 7th out of a field of 48 in the mock draft contest and 15th out of 48 in the top 100 contest. My 3 year average is also in the top 15. I would like to think if I had the recources and ability to make it my full time job like most of the others in this contest, I'd be even higher.

  2. #12
    Gold Standard
    BlackGold4vr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    China Lake, Ca
    Posts
    5,170
    Quote Originally Posted by darnik44 View Post
    If believing in and being confident in your opinions makes you full of yourself, then I guess I am.

    As for Scout.com, I never look at their rankings. I just site them because they seem to be the overwhelming favorite around here.

    This contest I go head to head with the opinions of people like Mike Mayock, Mel Kiper, Todd McShay, Pat Kirwin, and all the other big names, draft sites, and magazines out there. Last year I finished 7th out of a field of 48 in the mock draft contest and 15th out of 48 in the top 100 contest. My 3 year average is also in the top 15. I would like to think if I had the recources and ability to make it my full time job like most of the others in this contest, I'd be even higher.

    I apologize for questioning your credentials. There are many devout football fans here at SA and many whose draft critiques have earned their credibility over the last few years. I have been here 2 years now and most of the players the Steelers have taken in that time have been the same names bantered about here on this site. There have been a few surprises like Matt Spaeth. Don't remember anyone talking about him. But for the most part nearly every player we have taken has appeared on SA member mocks prior to the draft. Even D-Sepulveda was predicted here (K Train) before he was drafted and accurately in the right round. There are only 2 opinions I respect more than the ones I read about here and those are Mike Tomlins and Kevin Colberts.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

  3. #13
    K Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In hell
    Posts
    18,662
    Quote Originally Posted by darnik44 View Post




    No it wouldn't be hard if I just went to a draft site and started copying names down. But that's not the case. This is a year long effort of watching and evaluating college players and then ranking them based on how I see it.

    I don't get my opinions from Scout.com. My opinions are genuine.
    i dont know why you keep bringing up scout.com, ive never used it even once to generate an opinion. out of the draft sites i do like draftcountdown, but i hardly just agree with scott wrights opions. ive actually never even been to scout.com in my life

  4. #14
    2nd String darnik44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Ellwood City, PA
    Posts
    565
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i dont know why you keep bringing up scout.com, ive never used it even once to generate an opinion. out of the draft sites i do like draftcountdown, but i hardly just agree with scott wrights opions. ive actually never even been to scout.com in my life
    Like I said, I only site Scout.com because it's the site many here like to reference. My point is, it wouldn't be a hard thing to do if I just went to any site and coppied their ranking and posted them here. That not how I do it. Absolutly no reason for you to discredit my post by saying "it's not so hard to do."

  5. #15
    K Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In hell
    Posts
    18,662
    Quote Originally Posted by darnik44 View Post
    Like I said, I only site Scout.com because it's the site many here like to reference. My point is, it wouldn't be a hard thing to do if I just went to any site and coppied their ranking and posted them here. That not how I do it. Absolutly no reason for you to discredit my post by saying "it's not so hard to do."
    fair enough, you do good work, you have valued opinions and i do agree with alot of what you say...you just really dont have to flex your e-muscles (draft edition) every time someone questions one of your opinions....its become very clear that youve done this before and do your research for your own site and what not, but i know what im talking about and ive been fairly accurate as well over the years

  6. #16
    Rookie Free Agent
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    141
    First off, congratulations for a nice job of research and providing a tool that all of us can enjoy.

    My only qualitative comment is that i think all of those OT's will be gone in Round 1 when the Steelers choose, unless they trade up.

    At that, I think all of the OL you have in Round 3 will be taken in Round 2, with Beatty and possibly Britton joining the other OTs getting drafted in the first round.

    Left tackle is now a premier positon in the NFL and teams will use their first pick on one.

    I think the Steelers can get some quality kids in the first two rounds and after that, like every year, it will be a crap shoot.

  7. #17
    Rookie Free Agent
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    141
    Darnik--Just going back over your excellent post and noticed (unless I missed him) no Michael Johnson among the DL candidates.

    Is he there, is it an oversight, or is there another explanation?

  8. #18
    K Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In hell
    Posts
    18,662
    Quote Originally Posted by DCBill View Post
    Darnik--Just going back over your excellent post and noticed (unless I missed him) no Michael Johnson among the DL candidates.

    Is he there, is it an oversight, or is there another explanation?
    johnson is a situational 43 pass rusher....we have fantastic 34 pass rushers and theres no way he would be able to hold his own in any way on our Dline. ive seen alot of michael johnson and despite the great measurables and freakish athletic ability....the dude brings almost nothing to the table, ive never seen anything special out of him, we wouldnt consider drafting him at all, he has absolutely no value to us

  9. #19
    2nd String darnik44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Ellwood City, PA
    Posts
    565
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    johnson is a situational 43 pass rusher....we have fantastic 34 pass rushers and theres no way he would be able to hold his own in any way on our Dline. ive seen alot of michael johnson and despite the great measurables and freakish athletic ability....the dude brings almost nothing to the table, ive never seen anything special out of him, we wouldnt consider drafting him at all, he has absolutely no value to us
    Yeah, he's not a 3-4 defensive linemen. I think his best fit is at 3-4 OLB, standing up and in space is when he plays his best football. The Steelers would really only consider him if he was there at the end of the second round, and maybe not even then. There's virtually no chance he'll get past the 40th pick or so.

    Just a side note, yesterday Mark Madden reported from inside sources that the Steelers do not plan on retaining James Harrsion beyond next season. That said, an OLB could very likely be in play at some point during the draft. If it's very early (2nd or 3rd round), there would have to be an incredible value there for them to take an OLB that high. Most likely, look for them to take an OLB between rounds 3 and 6.

  10. #20
    K Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In hell
    Posts
    18,662
    i find it hard to believe they wont give harrison an extension. but if they dont i have zero confidence in bruce davis and all the confidence in the world in woodley

    i kinda think if they cant hammer out a new deal then they will franchise him for a year...by then he'll be what 33?
    Last edited by K Train; 04-07-2009 at 01:21 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-24-2008, 09:17 PM
  2. The Steelers’ strange ‘07 draft, and what it means for ‘08
    By Stlrs4Life in forum Steelers War Room
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-21-2008, 06:06 PM
  3. Steelers Q & A: Scott Brown answers your questions
    By Stlrs4Life in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-06-2008, 09:29 PM
  4. The Gospel 4..The Steelers take over the Desert
    By AZ_Steeler in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 09-28-2007, 06:30 PM
  5. Steelers must work to make most of top pick in draft
    By Captcoolhand in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-25-2007, 11:33 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •