Thread: Foote wants to stay...

Bookmark and Share
    Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny

Foote wants to stay...

FOOTE WANTS TO STAY A STEELER
    Posted by Aaron Wilson on February 12, 2009, 9:35 a.m. EST
    Pittsburgh Steelers inside linebacker Larry Foote said he has no intention of playing for his hometown Detroit Lions and wants to remain in a black and gold uniform, according to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.

Foote, a Detroit native, was drafted in the fourth round by Pittsburgh out of Michigan.

“It would be ludicrous for me to say I want to leave my last year. It would be stupid to even want to do that,” said Foote, who is entering the final year of a $13.4 million contract. “The bottom line is in 2002 the Lions had a chance to draft me. They chose not to. The Steelers did.

“I can relate to all the pain of not getting picked on the first day and see bums go ahead of me. The Steelers [drafted] me. I’m a Steeler. I’m a Super Bowl champion.”

Foote is miffed about comments from his friend, Brian Blackburn, that ran in the Detroit Free Press days after the Super Bowl where he said regarding Foote: ”He wants to come back here. This is the last year of his contract, and he wants to come back here and play for the Lions for about four years and call it quits after that.”

In response to Blackburn’s comment, Foote said: “That was one of my boys just talking stupid stuff in the paper. I think all players say that toward the tail end: ’I'll just end up going home and finish up there.’ But that was just talk.”

Of course, Foote is also facing competition for his job in Pittsburgh from Lawrence Timmons. Timmons played in more snaps in the Super Bowl than Foote, according to Foote.

Foote said he won’t accept a paycut from his 2009 scheduled $2.885 million base salary.

“Quiet as it’s kept,” Foote said, “everybody knows my role is reduced, no doubt about that. If they want to reduce my salary, I understand where they’re coming from. I still think I’m in my prime. I have some good years ahead of me, so I’m not going to accept that. I haven’t heard anything like that.”

Timmons has to be the starter somewhere, but I don`t have a problem keeping Foote! He is a solid linebacker.

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

STEELER NATION RULES
    My Mood
    Clowns
    I would like to keep him as well. Solid depth. The more we can keep, the better our chances to make a run again next year.

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    He just needs to keep up his high level of play and not ask for a gazillion dollars. Should be fine. Gonna be tough fending off Timmons though for that top spot.
    Be who you are, become what you dream....

STEELER NATION RULES
    My Mood
    Clowns
    I don't think he will, but we have packages that will have them both like this year and be dominant.

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by ejsteeler View Post
    I don't think he will, but we have packages that will have them both like this year and be dominant.
    I hope so. I think Foote brings a lot to this team. always has. Smart football player.
    Be who you are, become what you dream....

I like Foote also,sure would hate to see him in a cards uniform next year

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Timmons is the future and Foote knows him staying would mean a huge page cut if that even would help. I'd love for him to stay, he's a solid veteran and a good LB for us. It would really help our depth if we could have him stay onboard.

My Mood
    Addicted
    From what Foote says it sounds like what his boy said If he doesn't take an pay cut then he's outta of here, IMO i think Davis an Fox (if we resign him) will feel in well, Because It's Timmons time, i trust the Rooneys will make the right call

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    He has a year left, right? So I would think that he would be willing to play for that price!

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

hes a cap casualty though, hes making to much. if he wants to stay he needs to take a paycut.

Thread Information