Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: If the Steelers are not able to sign Nate Washington...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    saints-hater

If the Steelers are not able to sign Nate Washington...

http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2009WR.php

Then who might some of you want to bring in here as a free agent 3rd receiver looking at some of the receivers available in this link that I posted above. Aside from guys the Steelers can't afford like a TJ Houshz or Antonio Bryant who on that list is most intriguing and would be a good fit for the Steelers offense next season. The 3 names I am looking at that would be affordable and I believe good fits would be Amani Toomer who is a perfect slot man 3rd receiver, and while he is a bit up there in age at 34 he has been in the league for a very longtime and has won a Super Bowl and I believe he would fit in very well and come at a decent price should the Steelers take a look at him. The other two guys I wouldnt mind looking at that are deep threats more so then Toomer is much like Nate Washington is would be Hank Baskett from the Eagles and Brandon Lloyd from the Bears.

toomer, lloyd and baskett....they would effectively make us a worse team. we wont bring anyone in, if nate walks sweed gets a confidence boost along with a promotion, he gets thrown in there and tears **** up. we will draft a WR on the first day, but we are not looking for a veteren presence on the sideline we are looking for a guy to contribute
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 02-13-2009 at 10:05 AM.

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Reggie Williams, Jaguars 6'4. Thats good height Ben will be pleased. Michael Clayton, Buccaneers. He has suffered playing for a team that has tried to be a run team, and not to mention a team that cant get him the ball. QB and HC issues do not make for a good passing team. He would shine in pittsburgh. both guys 26 year young and ready for the prime time. You will be surprised at how better these guys would be with Ben getting them the ball.

Troyisabeast_43, whats with wanting these old burn outs in their mid 30's. Why not the Seahawk to....lol
    Be who you are, become what you dream....

reggie williams? yuck. last year when everyone wanted matt jones it wasnt a good idea, it sure as hell isnt a better one now. if were gonna go find bums or old guys we might as well re-sign nate

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    reggie williams? yuck. last year when everyone wanted matt jones it wasnt a good idea, it sure as hell isnt a better one now. if were gonna go find bums or old guys we might as well re-sign nate
    but you like Clayton dont ya? nice peice of hard candy there...lol And look at my list to choose from.

My Mood
    Addicted
    i don't want any of those cats on that listJust get me an guy who can hang on to the ball, an do some PR/KR also with some speed, height would be good also

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Bryant Johnson and TJ

Always liked Drew Carter too, but he's injury prone.
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

My Mood
    saints-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    **** toomer, lloyd and baskett....they would effectively make us a worse team. we wont bring anyone in, if nate walks sweed gets a confidence boost along with a promotion, he gets thrown in there and tears **** up. we will draft a WR on the first day, but we are not looking for a veteren presence on the sideline we are looking for a guy to contribute
    That might very well be true that they do bump Sweed up as the 3rd receiver should Nate Washington leave. But it still doesnt change the fact that they lack depth at this position and are going to need to bring in a veteran guy to fill either the 3rd or 4th receiver spot should Nate leave. There is nobody now on the roster after Limas Sweed who is capable of being a 4th wideout on this team. I am not in favor of drafting a receiver on the first day like you said. I think this Steelers team the way it currently sits right now has much more bigger needs to address on day one of the draft then wide receiver. The o-line of course is the most important area to address, followed by getting younger on the defensive line, and then cornerback. You just cant expect the Steelers to draft a receiver even if it is in the 1st or 2nd round and for them to come in and make an immediate impact it just doesnt happen most of the time. It's why like I stated bringing somebody in from that list of names I just mentioned is going to be something I feel the Steelers and Kevin Colbert are going to need to do at some point this off-season should they not resign Nate Washington.

clayton i could live with more so than the rest of those failures.

i would like to bring up from within....i think the steelers can be proud of what they made nate into

My Mood
    Cheerful
    I wold love to have the Terribler Towel hater Whosyourmama.....perfect fit. I would cut Sweed to sign him too.

Thread Information