Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: If the Steelers are not able to sign Nate Washington...

Bookmark and Share
    porter got cut today, i like him probably out of all the FAs. Hes a physical guy, hes just tough. jags overapid him for a nothing season but whatever ive always liked him lol

Ahh man... I will seriously cry if the Steelers sign Amani Toomer, Hank Baskett or several other players on that list. This is a disgusting joke. Ugghh, TJ Housh. Please no. Only guys that would not bother me would be Bryant Johnson, or Michael Clayton... My opinion.

I hear there's a possibilit Tory Holt gets released? Not sure if someone was just blowing smoke though. He would probably be too expensive for what we need. Our money should be going to the O-Line so we can pound the ball.

Anyone that comes to Pittsburgh should be taking a discount to come. It's a priviledge to join this team!

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    I think if nate doesn't resign.. (please resign Nate, It'gonna do wonders since hines will play less and he has chance to play some #2 wr [ don't get me wrong, I LOVE HINES!! ,he is my fav player]
    pitt could/should get, in no particular order:
    miles austin, don't laugh, he's behind in development than nate, but has athletic ability and could blossom under hines and in pitt

Antonio bryant: yes headache and wanna be prima donna, he'll be too pricey, but maybe...
    michael clayton.. could be a nice tall wr with some speed along with limas
    malcolm floyd: a RFA, but very tall target to offset smaller faster santonio
    mike furrey: seasoned veteran nice addition?
    dante hall: mainly ko/punt returner doubt he'd be a great #3 receiver small
    sam hurd a very long shot!
    michael jenkins: tall hit or miss pitt won't throw a ton of bones toward him
    bryant johnson: former pennstate star, maybe !!!!! i'd like him to be here
    koren robinson: If he got his life together, could be a reallly nice addition, plus punt and KO returner to boot!!!!
    Last edited by Callax; 02-11-2009 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Callax View Post
    miles austin, don't laugh, he's behind in development than nate, but has athletic ability and could blossom under hines and in pitt

Antonio bryant: yes headache and wanna be prima donna, he'll be too pricey, but maybe...
    michael clayton.. could be a nice tall wr with some speed along with limas
    malcolm floyd: a RFA, but very tall target to offset smaller faster santonio
    mike furrey: seasoned veteran nice addition?
    dante hall: mainly ko/punt returner doubt a great #3 receiver small
    sam hurd a very long shot!
    michael jenkins: tall hi or miss pitt won't throw a ton of bones toward him
    bryant johnson: former pennstate star, maybe !!!!! i'd like him to be here
    koren robinson: If he got his life together, could be a reallly nice addition, plus punt and KO returner to boot!!!!
    I love Miles Austin. Supreme athlete but he still has a LONG way to go

Not a chance in hell they can afford Bryant.

Clayton is a good blocker and...well yeah that's about it. Struggles to create separation.

I've always liked Floyd but he can't seem to get on the field/

I am a Furrey fan. No harm in having his as a 4th receiver.

Dante Hall is utter, utter trash. He is a **** receiver and at this point in his career a **** returner.

Sam Hurd is a nice developmental guy, although he may have hit his ceiling. Kinda slow.

Michael Jenkins is a pretty solid guy if you don't have to depend upon him. He is likely out of our price range.

Bryant Johnson is an average player all around.

Koren Robinson indeed has his life together but is a pretty meh receiver and returner if last year is any judge.

--- Added 2/11/2009 at 08:47 PM ---

Quote Originally Posted by igor0190 View Post

Anyone that comes to Pittsburgh should be taking a discount to come. It's a priviledge to join this team!
    I would also like to say this is an odd statement. No player would turn down the big Benjamins of another team to play for less in the not-so-awesome economy of Pittsburgh.

Steel City Mafia # 632
    I'm hoping we Steal Derrick Williams from PSU late in the draft.He'd be a perfect fit for us returning kicks/punts or whatever you need..plus learning from Hines would make him a beast.

"He's running around there, running his mouth, doing all that, but if you watch him on film and really look, where was Ray Lewis? He was nowhere to be found. I could have tackled the water boy and had as many tackles as him. He didn't do nothing today. He's all mouth. When you talk like that, that's what happens: You get hit in the mouth. He's over there crying now, thinking about what went wrong. You got your *** whipped, that's what." ~ Peazy

Quote Originally Posted by ItAintEasyBeingPeazy View Post
    I'm hoping we Steal Derrick Williams from PSU late in the draft.He'd be a perfect fit for us returning kicks/punts or whatever you need..plus learning from Hines would make him a beast.
    williams is a second rounder at the latest imo

Rookie Free Agent

what if..

Won't be any big splash should Nate walk...

Sweed will be #3. Let's not forget....
    *he was a #2 draft choice
    *he has shown he can get open
    *he's shown he can catch the ball....with his hands....in some tight spots (catch on 3rd down, early 4Q, in AFCCG)
    *he's shown he can bring it blocking (ask Cory Ivy)

He'll be alright. Then, we pick up a serviceable #4. Not THAT big a deal, particulary when considering that for the entire SB, whenever we went 4-wide, the 4th wide was Heath. Using your personnel this way also impedes the D from inserting desired packages, as they don't know until second before the snap of the ball if we're going with a tight end, 4 wides, or sometimes even a fullback.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    How about Limas Sweed? I hear he was a pretty high draft pick and the team that picked him is probably hoping he's going to take the next step towards greatness this year.

Really though Im not sure Nate is going to want to come back knowing that he will still be the 3rd WR. I think if Tomlin were to tell him that Hines is going to be more of a 3rd WR/ slot role used mainly in situational passing then he'd probably be willing to stick around.

I don't see nate going anywhere else and jumping in as there 2nd WR. He hasn't shown THAT much. I mean he works good for our offense at #3, but put him at #2 on most teams and he probably doesn't make much of an impact. Question is if there is a silly team that is going to offer him starting #2 money. If so, then he's probably gone.

i think nate has a great chace to be a good #2 somewhere

Thread Information