Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: If the Steelers are not able to sign Nate Washington...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean Denton View Post
    Reggie Williams, Jaguars 6'4. Thats good height Ben will be pleased. Michael Clayton, Buccaneers. He has suffered playing for a team that has tried to be a run team, and not to mention a team that cant get him the ball. QB and HC issues do not make for a good passing team. He would shine in pittsburgh. both guys 26 year young and ready for the prime time. You will be surprised at how better these guys would be with Ben getting them the ball.

Troyisabeast_43, whats with wanting these old burn outs in their mid 30's. Why not the Seahawk to....lol
    Hank Baskett isnt a burnout in his mid 30's he is 26 years old. He has played very well on the Eagles with McNabb when he has gotten the opportunity to start and make plays in that offense over the last 2 years. He has very good speed and is a legit down the field threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    That might very well be true that they do bump Sweed up as the 3rd receiver should Nate Washington leave. But it still doesnt change the fact that they lack depth at this position and are going to need to bring in a veteran guy to fill either the 3rd or 4th receiver spot should Nate leave. There is nobody now on the roster after Limas Sweed who is capable of being a 4th wideout on this team. I am not in favor of drafting a receiver on the first day like you said. I think this Steelers team the way it currently sits right now has much more bigger needs to address on day one of the draft then wide receiver. The o-line of course is the most important area to address, followed by getting younger on the defensive line, and then cornerback. You just cant expect the Steelers to draft a receiver even if it is in the 1st or 2nd round and for them to come in and make an immediate impact it just doesnt happen most of the time. It's why like I stated bringing somebody in from that list of names I just mentioned is going to be something I feel the Steelers and Kevin Colbert are going to need to do at some point this off-season should they not resign Nate Washington.
    i dont consider CB a pressing need, i think mcfadden gets resigned and if not im comfortable with gay in there. i just dont want an old WR like toomer. Oline will be addressed no doubt but who knows whats gonna happen there. we gotta see if they are gonna resign kemo, starks and smith. WR becomes a day one need if nate walks

We could just go after TO lol

Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    Hank Baskett isnt a burnout in his mid 30's he is 26 years old. He has played very well on the Eagles with McNabb when he has gotten the opportunity to start and make plays in that offense over the last 2 years. He has very good speed and is a legit down the field threat.
    hes a joke, he has a handful of big plays and they are all fly routes down the left side of the field. hes kind of slow and really just gets by on his long stride and broken coverages. id be pissed if we signed him and let nate walk especially since one of the teams that are gonna look at him are the eagles....they would just win in every way then, id rather be a man short than have baskett

Newbie here, I just thought I would weigh in with my thoughts on the third wide receiver. I hope that Nate stays but if not I think that Sweed will get his shot. I really think that he can become a good receiver. I agree that more than likely we are going to draft a wide receiver in the later rounds. Looking at the list of free agent receivers I really didn't see a lot of help there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Denton View Post
    I wold love to have the Terribler Towel hater Whosyourmama.....perfect fit. I would cut Sweed to sign him too.
    that is one of the dumbest posts ive ever read, houshmanzadeh is slow and getting old, and is asking a fortune from the bears and eagles or any other potential buyer.

a "perfect" fit for depth would be a guy like robert meachem who seems to have fallen out of favor in new orleans. hes a guy that could contribute as a #4. Meachem is a big play threat on a team stacked with WR talent, hes got tremendous straightline speed and is no fun to tackle. you dont want over priced old dudes when there is quality youth out there, some havent had the opportunity and some have been underacheivers....steelers can cure that better than some teams

My Mood
    Addicted
    it would be a blessing for fitz to want to come to the steelers, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ibleedblk&gld View Post
    it would be a blessing for fitz to want to come to the steelers, lol
    no it wouldnt at all, he just got a huge long term deal we would have to sell our souls to get him. Boldin would be more likely but theres no way in hell that would ever happen either because he wants to go somewhere to be the man and he will be wherever he goes. boldin>fitz and i dont care how good fitz was in the playoffs. i cant believe im actually responding to this post, have you ever seen how the steelers do work? i would rather go out and draft a steve breaston like player than pay top dollar to a #1WR

My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i dont consider CB a pressing need, i think mcfadden gets resigned and if not im comfortable with gay in there. i just dont want an old WR like toomer. Oline will be addressed no doubt but who knows whats gonna happen there. we gotta see if they are gonna resign kemo, starks and smith. WR becomes a day one need if nate walks

We could just go after TO lol
    I disagree that it becomes a day one need because the o-line and getting younger on the defensive line are much bigger priorities then getting a wideout on the first day. I dont believe they are going to sign Marvel Smith nor do they want too with all his recent injury problems, and re-signing Max Starks is going to be tough as well since his stock has gone up from playing so well at left tackle this season while filling in. Dont forget as well while Hartwig did a nice job this season at the center position he is still only a stop gap for this past season and probably next season as well. The Steelers and Kevin Colbert need to seriously start looking at drafting a franchise left tackle and a especially a franchise center either this season in the draft or most definitely next season. Those needs are most definitely more important for this upcoming draft then addressing the wideout position on day one of the draft.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    no it wouldnt at all, he just got a huge long term deal we would have to sell our souls to get him. Boldin would be more likely but theres no way in hell that would ever happen either because he wants to go somewhere to be the man and he will be wherever he goes. boldin>fitz and i dont care how good fitz was in the playoffs. i cant believe im actually responding to this post, have you ever seen how the steelers do work? i would rather go out and draft a steve breaston like player than pay top dollar to a #1WR
    it was a joke...

fitz has outstanding speed, amazing hands, and doesn't do excessive celebration **** to draw penalties...yeah, you're right, he wouldn't work out at all...

he's one of the main factors to the cards success this season, esp. in the playoffs

Most of these guys aren't really all that spectacular

Devery Henderson-Crazy fast but runs sloppy routes and has suspect hands

Jabar Gaffney-He will probably re-sign with the Pats but he is a solid veteran that gets by on technique more than anything. Not an impressive athlete that has long ago hit his ceiling.

Brandon Lloyd-Lazy player that is good for one good game a year. Makes the hard catches look easy and the easy catches look hard.

Terrance Copper-Special Teams stalwart that is limited athletically. Not physically impressive.

Mark Jones-Consistent return man that does not have the size to be a contributor in the passing game

Shaun McDonald- Solid veteran player that can return punts in a pinch. Above-average speed, Above-average quickness, decent hands, not ideal size, etc.

Ashlie Lelie-Career underachiever that is now viewed as a singular deep threat with no other real virtues.

Brandon Jones-Titan may re-sign him. Young player that has been hampered by injury throughout his career. Still has room to improve.

Drew Carter-Blown out both knees and still probably runs a 4.3. Still has upside but cannot be counted on at all to produce consistently.

Keary Colbert-Piece of trash. No value what so ever

Darrell Jackson-Laziness and poor work ethic has eroded a once promising career. Worthless at this point and would probably demand too much money.

Jerry Porter-I like Jerry Porter. Not sure why. He has average size and above average speed. OK hands and decent route running ability. A bit of enigma that rubs a lot of people the wrong way.

Thread Information