Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: If the Steelers are not able to sign Nate Washington...

Bookmark and Share
    Hey, I wouldn't mind seeing Nate as a Buc...he would be a great replacement for Joey!!

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    BTW, That was my thread I started about Curry... anyway, I'm thinking that Nate might come back, but I'm doubting it as each day goes by... Sweed most likely will be the #3 wr and who knows who will be #4, maybe dallas baker, a cheap FA pickup (Bennett, Curry), a low round pick out of a Div II school, or a undrafted rookie (like Nate a few years ago out of Tiffin)... He wasn't anything to rave about until this year when he made a few big plays in key situations... I like Nate, he has been making strides over the last few years... He still has room for improvement and if he leaves I think he will be a bit of a high price FA bust... sorry, calling it like I see it!!

If nate signs for anything more than 3rd WR money than you can chalk him up as a bust wherever he goes. He is not worth anything more than that.

Steel City Mafia # 632
    Quote Originally Posted by WarriorScholar View Post
    There were a lot of WR's released today. Galloway, Hilliard, Coles, Dj Hackett, Drew Bennett.

Add Marvin Harrison, Ronald Curry, and Bryant Johnson to that list as well. That will decrease Nate's chances of getting a big contract. Before these releases he was rated the #3 WR on most sites behind Bryant and TJ Housh, but now he has some competition. A lot of teams will jump at the chance at signing Coles. Harrison is up there in age but obviously someone will still pay him at least 6 or 7 mil to play with them..maybe a team with a young QB that needs veteran WR's. Ravens would make sense. I said before I wanted Curry, but the guy I always liked since he played with the Titans was Drew Bennett. He was great with them, and hasn't done much since going to the Rams...being hurt both years I think. So I know we could get him cheap, but it's about us wanting him and if he could even stay healthy. There will be more releases tomorrow with free agency starting on Friday, I say we let Nate walk since his agent thinks he will get a huge contract, and pick up a vet like Bennett or Curry, or even Bryant Johnson for a cheap price.

Those are the types of guys we should get, guys that have potential but were on bad teams with bad QB's so they would be available for a cheaper price. You can't just sign guys that were great on other teams because it would cost way too much, which is why I wouldn't even think about signing Housh or Coles. Pats sign guys like Welker, Stallworth, and even Moss( since he was supposed to be on the downside of his career, so they got him cheap) and make them better in their system. We can do the same. And this year we can certainly do better than our last WR signing..Cedrick Wilson.
    Good Post It's gonna be interesting with the market flooded with quality # 3 guys available..maybe Nate stays,maybe not.Like i said before it's not really gonna hinder us one bit..he's easily replaceable.He never really was a consistant guy anyhow and i'll trade his "splash plays" for some good consistant play anyday.

"He's running around there, running his mouth, doing all that, but if you watch him on film and really look, where was Ray Lewis? He was nowhere to be found. I could have tackled the water boy and had as many tackles as him. He didn't do nothing today. He's all mouth. When you talk like that, that's what happens: You get hit in the mouth. He's over there crying now, thinking about what went wrong. You got your *** whipped, that's what." ~ Peazy

If Nate stays there is a good chance he is unseeded by Limas halfway through next year anyways. He would be nice to sign to a lower paying 2 year deal for some depth, but I am sure he is after a long term contract somewhere. I believe the Steelers view him as expendable.

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by igor0190 View Post
    If Nate stays there is a good chance he is unseeded by Limas halfway through next year anyways. He would be nice to sign to a lower paying 2 year deal for some depth, but I am sure he is after a long term contract somewhere. I believe the Steelers view him as expendable.
    This is a very good point. Nate might not want to sign with us because of Sweed. I have not thought about that. He stands to make more money somewhere else because we wont give him big $$$ because of Sweed. and if we do, then Sweed might be on the way out soon....Just a thought.
    Be who you are, become what you dream....

Waterboy
    Nate will be visiting the Lions today. I wouldn't be surprised to see them offer him about 5 mil a year. Even though the lions are the joke of the league, I honestly think that would be a good fit for him. They have no #2 WR right now , and playing on the opposite side of Calvin Johnson he should get open a lot.

out of all the teams interested in him....the lions, vikes and titans the lions would be the best move for his career. the vikes and titans stockpile #2 and #3 wrs and he would disappear. in detroit he would plenty of opportunities and calvin is a true stud of a wr....it would be good for him

Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy
    I hate to see Washington go because at least you know what you have with him. Unlike what we even can make of Sweed. But who knows, maybe Sweed will play the norm here in Pittsburgh and come through in his second year.
    "It is hard to wait around for something that you know may never happen;but it's even harder to let go when it's everything you want"
    -unknown

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Bryant Johnson just signed with the Lions... so maybe Nate will come back
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Thread Information