Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: If the Steelers are not able to sign Nate Washington...

Bookmark and Share
    Steel City Mafia # 632
    If (when) Nate goes we will be able to find another project WR and bring him up just like they did with Nate...You still have Dallas Baker who is a little bigger than Nate and should really improve in our system this year..another project guy is Martin Nance who played with Big Ben at Miami and is another big target at 6'3 215lbs.It will be interesting to see who steps up and takes advantage of the open spot if Nate leaves. I still like our core of Holmes, Sweed and Ward..the role players will have to battle it out in camp.

"He's running around there, running his mouth, doing all that, but if you watch him on film and really look, where was Ray Lewis? He was nowhere to be found. I could have tackled the water boy and had as many tackles as him. He didn't do nothing today. He's all mouth. When you talk like that, that's what happens: You get hit in the mouth. He's over there crying now, thinking about what went wrong. You got your *** whipped, that's what." ~ Peazy

i want nothing to do with dallas baker

..:: SIXBURGH ::..
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Where's your boy, Cedric?

lets not joke about that little bitch

Steel City Mafia # 632
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    lol, i hear ya man...he is a scrub like Nate was..but the Steelers seem to mold these guys into decent players who help the cause.Superstars?..Never...but role players are sometimes just as valuable.Bottomline i don't think losing Nate is gonna hinder this team at all.

"He's running around there, running his mouth, doing all that, but if you watch him on film and really look, where was Ray Lewis? He was nowhere to be found. I could have tackled the water boy and had as many tackles as him. He didn't do nothing today. He's all mouth. When you talk like that, that's what happens: You get hit in the mouth. He's over there crying now, thinking about what went wrong. You got your *** whipped, that's what." ~ Peazy

see i dont think nate was ever a scrub. he was very raw and unpolished but since day one hes had elite speed and great leaping ability...baker is slow, route running retarded and i want nothing to do with him, he had his chance last year

Steel City Mafia # 632
    We'll just have to wait and see..i'd rather see them bring someone up from within..you know they aren't gonna make any big moves for any UFA's...last two i can remember was Mathis and of course your boy Ced..lol. Where is Fred Gibson when ya need him??

Waterboy
    Surprised nobody has mentioned Ronald Curry. He's definitely better than some of the bums listed. Not to mention he has played with the Raiders horrible QB's his whole career and still put up decent stats. This is a great chance for the Steelers to get him since he will come cheap..coming off a bad year..being buried on the depth chart last year. For you fantasy people, you know that people were expecting big things from Curry...that was until they drafted Russell. Anyways, at the price we could get him for, I'm hoping we jump on that.

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by WarriorScholar View Post
    Surprised nobody has mentioned Ronald Curry. He's definitely better than some of the bums listed. Not to mention he has played with the Raiders horrible QB's his whole career and still put up decent stats. This is a great chance for the Steelers to get him since he will come cheap..coming off a bad year..being buried on the depth chart last year. For you fantasy people, you know that people were expecting big things from Curry...that was until they drafted Russell. Anyways, at the price we could get him for, I'm hoping we jump on that.
    He was mentioned here.....

http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/...ad.php?t=19303

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Waterboy
    There were a lot of WR's released today. Galloway, Hilliard, Coles, Dj Hackett, Drew Bennett.

Add Marvin Harrison, Ronald Curry, and Bryant Johnson to that list as well. That will decrease Nate's chances of getting a big contract. Before these releases he was rated the #3 WR on most sites behind Bryant and TJ Housh, but now he has some competition. A lot of teams will jump at the chance at signing Coles. Harrison is up there in age but obviously someone will still pay him at least 6 or 7 mil to play with them..maybe a team with a young QB that needs veteran WR's. Ravens would make sense. I said before I wanted Curry, but the guy I always liked since he played with the Titans was Drew Bennett. He was great with them, and hasn't done much since going to the Rams...being hurt both years I think. So I know we could get him cheap, but it's about us wanting him and if he could even stay healthy. There will be more releases tomorrow with free agency starting on Friday, I say we let Nate walk since his agent thinks he will get a huge contract, and pick up a vet like Bennett or Curry, or even Bryant Johnson for a cheap price.

Those are the types of guys we should get, guys that have potential but were on bad teams with bad QB's so they would be available for a cheaper price. You can't just sign guys that were great on other teams because it would cost way too much, which is why I wouldn't even think about signing Housh or Coles. Pats sign guys like Welker, Stallworth, and even Moss( since he was supposed to be on the downside of his career, so they got him cheap) and make them better in their system. We can do the same. And this year we can certainly do better than our last WR signing..Cedrick Wilson.

Thread Information