Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Loss affects the fans too

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    A few years back when we lost to the Pats in the playoffs I went out onto the front porch and kicked a hole in the trash can and threw the sunday paper in the street.

....then I broke a remote...again !

Titanium remotes should come standard for every sports fans household ! Good idea bro !

House of Steel
    Try breaking 2 X 4s when your pissed off at the Steelers, sometimes it hurts, sometimes it feels real good. I put a mental picture of a player that I hate so much on the rival team and just punch the living the daylights out of it. Now I've broken a few remotes in my days. I even punched the wall this season and it is a nice looking hole covered by my Terrible Towel, OH I NEVER HEARD THE END FROM MY WIFE.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    My wife thinks Im crazy but it's in your blood when you're a fan like most of us are. It just engulfs you so much you have to let out the excitement or frustration because you almost can't control it.

Originally from Johnstown, PA...now trapped in Bungleland
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    People you have it easy for the most part. Try being in Bears/Colts country right now. I live 55 miles from Chicago and about 3 hours from Indy. I also work in Elkhart Indiana. Which is about 2 hours from Indy. Lets just say at work today. The Bears and Colts fans that I work with were a bunch of arrogant ****s. The non stop Steelers suck and Ben sucks I heard all day. Some still make fun of Ben and his accident. It drives me nuts. But at least I work with two Steelers fans. So we have each others back among the Bears fans and Colts fans that we work with.
    Hey!!! Try living in Cincy with a Steeler loss! I had an email from someone showing me their halloween costume......dressed as Ben...with bandages around his head and face and stomach, black eye, dripping blood...you get the picture. Uggghhh!

My salvation here is a place called Martinos. Every Sunday you can walk in and watch the game with about 200 of the Faithful.....great Italian food too. Thank God! And my remote remains safe.

House of Steel
    would you kindly tell my wife in a letter that quote you just said. Man, that is just the best medicine to tell her.

Funny story, back in 99 when the Browns were in their 1st season back they beat us at home with a last second FG! I was so pissed I grabbed my daughters tickle me elmo and slung it as hard as I could at the wall, and would you believe it that moth** F**ker started laughing and I stomped that SOB till it was almost a stain in the carpet! Boy I was pissed that day. Ha!
    aushqf4

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by augustashark View Post
    Funny story, back in 99 when the Browns were in their 1st season back they beat us at home with a last second FG! I was so pissed I grabbed my daughters tickle me elmo and slung it as hard as I could at the wall, and would you believe it that moth** F**ker started laughing and I stomped that SOB till it was almost a stain in the carpet! Boy I was pissed that day. Ha!
    That is too funny!

I try not to break things even though I really want to at times...lol I have thrown things and swear up and down at the TV plenty of times! Probably why the misses won't watch the game with me....lol

Thread Information