Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roethlisberger played with broken ribs

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

STEELER NATION RULES
    My Mood
    Clowns

Roethlisberger played with broken ribs

Roethlisberger played with broken ribsComment Email Print ESPN.com news services

Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger played the Super Bowl with broken ribs, SI.com's Peter King has reported.

Coach Mike Tomlin had denied any injury problem with Roethlisberger in the week before the Super Bowl.

Roethlisberger was seen stretching his midtorso region throughout the week and apparently was comfortable in the game, going 21-for-30 with 256 yards and the game-winning touchdown late in the fourth quarter to Santonio Holmes.

Roethlisberger also threw an interception and was sacked three times. The Steelers beat the Arizona Cardinals 27-23.

"Fractured ribs,'' Roethlisberger told SI.com. "Luckily, in the game, I didn't take any big hits to make 'em hurt. But I knew all along there was something wrong. There wouldn't have been anything they could have done about fractured ribs anyway. It was just suck it up and play.''

Roethlisberger was drilled in the back by a helmet during the AFC title game against the Baltimore Ravens on Jan. 18 and did not leave the game, though backup Byron Leftwich hurriedly warmed up.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
    Imagine if he was healthy! Ben is da man. But he is right, there wouldn't have been anything else they could have done for him.

My Mood
    colts-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by ejsteeler View Post
    Imagine if he was healthy! Ben is da man. But he is right, there wouldn't have been anything else they could have done for him.
    Ben is quite simply a warrior and is tough as **** and I wouldnt want any other QB in the NFL including Manning or Brady on this Steelers team leading them. If people dont recognize once and for all how good and how tough Ben Roethlisberger is after all he went through this season with the bad o-line and getting injured on a weekly basis and still finding ways to win games then they need to have their heads examined.

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Jesus. To me Ben is the difference between a C*ck and a Wee Wee. He is all man. We have players that cant play with all different types injuries in this league, and Ben plays with busted Ribs? lol....Again the guy just is amazing. Didn't Warner miss two seasons with a limp wrist? WOW!!!!! Ben Rocks...

My Mood
    Addicted
    Ben is something special, he's been playin with pain every since he came into the league, Now every now an then he blacks out an loses his mind by making some bad decisions, but over all he's the best for us.

As long as he does not get hit too hard, its not that bad of an injury. Yes, it hurts like crap, but you can "block" most of the pain with a couple of shots, and then he just have to suck it up and play, as he said! Im impressed he played that great though.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

All things considered, Warner also had to play with those things of his he calls legs. Ever noticed how they can't find pants to fit him?? I guess they only make football pants for guys with muscles in their legs

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    Ben is tough! Or he is a prima dona! LOL

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

SA's Biggest Fan
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Stairwayto7 View Post
    Ben is tough! Or he is a prima dona! LOL
    http://www.medicinenet.com/fracture/page3.htm
    The treatment for bruised and broken ribs is the same: ice to the chest wall, ibuprofen as an anti-inflammatory, deep breaths and pain medication.Even if all goes well, there will be significant pain for four to six weeks.

After reading that, I'd say "Ben is tough"!

Maybe they gave BA a couple of shots before the game too. Ben will heal over the spring and come back stronger than ever. Will they get someone to take care of him is the question.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I remember that play against the ratbirds, there wasn't even a penalty called on it and it was clearly after he had thrown the ball.

Thread Information