Thread: CAN'T AFFORD PHOTOSHOP? TRY THIS

Assistant Coach RIVERS OF STEEL's Avatar
    My Mood
    Where

CAN'T AFFORD PHOTOSHOP? TRY THIS

http://www.softpedia.com/progDownloa...load-5446.html Use the (US) softpedia mirror
    Totally free, with every kind of plug - in imaginable. It works with xp and vista. U want version 2.6.4(the latest). Installs as a regular program in your "all programs folder". If by chance this is a zip file, use 7zip, another free program to unzip it or any of the 100s of plug - ins, get it here at http://www.7-zip.org/.

All this neat stuff is open source(i.e.you can add code to it(I can't, but, maybe you can) at anytime. The nice thing is that I have put my puter at risk to test these two things out. They work and my computer still works. Imagine that!

Tutorials built in or on the grid everywhere.

I am not affiliated with any of the code writers for this program in anyway shape or form. Just trying to show you how to save some money,so, you can help pay off Obama's purchase of America. LOL

Seriously this photo manipulation program is tits. You can make some cool Sigs etc. Go 4 it.

mike
    Last edited by RIVERS OF STEEL; 02-10-2009 at 03:41 PM.

And their fans.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I used to use GIMP, it's a real good program! I'd highly recommend it for anyone who wants to give it a shot.

SA Member #27
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    I'll have to check this out! Right now I use Paint.net.

Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy
    I downloaded this program about a week ago but never used it.

After downloading the version 2.6.4, I couldn't use all the tool windows that were available to me. There were no way to shrink them down to fit my screen (1024 x 768) so i just deleted it.
    Seem like it would be a good program to have, but I just went back to using Paint.net.
    "It is hard to wait around for something that you know may never happen;but it's even harder to let go when it's everything you want"
    -unknown

My Mood
    Where
    as soon as you open the program and create a new image a create a new image pop opens, click the plus(+) sign for the advanced options and then set your resolution size, (i.e. x = 800 and y = 400 for example), then click ok. this setting is the size or resolution setting for your picture. Coolhand don't give up on this. It's hard, and ain't for the beginner but the gimp tutorials tell all you need to know. I've been trying to make some new animated smileys, still trying, for awhile. I'll let everyone know when I suceed. F... it ain't easy. Also make sure when you download GIMP that you get the one for your operating system. Windows, Linux, etc....
    Photoshop is just as difficult but, it cost 1500 plus dollars with all the bells and whistles. This s... is free.
    Last edited by RIVERS OF STEEL; 02-10-2009 at 10:54 AM.

And their fans.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    for macintosh there is a good free one called seashore... i dont currently have a link tho
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

SA First Blitzburgh Blitzburgh55's Avatar
    If you cant afford Photoshop get LimeWire

My Mood
    Where
    use vuze and piratebay for the expensive stuff.

And their fans.

Thread Information