Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steve Sabol says Santonio Holmes TD catch greatest TD in NFL History...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    saints-hater

Steve Sabol says Santonio Holmes TD catch greatest TD in NFL History...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true

Sabol says that the combination of difficulty,athleticism,and signifgance of this play make it the greatest TD catch in NFL History. I cant say for one second I disagree. I still get goosebumps and almost brought to tears everytime I watch that play over the course of the last 5 days since it happened. If any of you have watched NFL Network the last few days and the replay of the game and the live wire show where all the players are mic'd up you can just see how determined Santanio Holmes really was to make a name for himself in this Super Bowl. He stated numerous times during the game on the sideline "Who dare to be great"?? And he followed that up by saying "I'm daring to be great". Then he went up to Ben before the last drive and told him numerous times I want the ball and made a point of it to Ben. Then, to top it off after they reviewed the TD by Holmes to confirm it was good he stated 2 or 3 tiimes "That's how you be great" That's how you be great".

I dont know if anybody has seen this at all yet but I'm telling you if you haven't seen it yet and all the soundbites Holmes had during the Super Bowl it's truly something to see. It's almost like Holmes knew he was going to do something special the entire game and kept saying it to himself and brought the law of attraction to himself by making that amazing game-winning TD catch to win the Super Bowl with 35 seconds left.
    Last edited by Troyisabeast_43; 02-06-2009 at 09:45 PM.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Allright , time for me to throw in my 2 cents... I believe Santonio had the greatest [B][I]TOUCHDOWN[I][B] CATCH in Superbowl history, BUT I believe the GREATEST CATCH in Superbowl History was the Lynn Swann Sideline catch in Superbowl X!
    I think that Ben threw the perfect pass, just over the DB's outstretched fingers, but high enough for Holmes to extend (with toes on ground) to catch and secure the ball... I was jumping through my skin when he caught it, and quite happy for S H. maybe in a few years I will put Holmes catch over Lynn's sideline aerial artistry, but Santonio, you're #2 catch, Best TD catch, yes best catch....no

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    yeah the thing that seperates Holmes with Swann is the timing and the TD, 37 second game winner! Damn! I`ve seen it 100 times, it kicks ***!

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

SA Member #27
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    We need an animated .GIF of that play!

BR7???

Rookie Free Agent steelerbackr4life's Avatar
    I cant get enough of the livewire show. Ive watched it several times. Actually my DVR is pretty much filled with all things Steeler. Even from the week b4 the game when they replayed ix x xiii xiv and xl.

Agree with Callax ,,,,,, That sideline catch was amazing !
    So was last years catch,,,,
    But this definetly was the best TD catch in a bowl

Lets face it guys, all the chips were down on that catch. Ben did his job,and the o-line did thier job.Santonio did his job , but he had some other players on that team that enabled it to occur. Whether it was the most spectacular play , or catch in Superbowl history i can't commit to that point of view. I sure did love it though!!!!! We should not boast of our achievements , but strive to be even better.
    We have a world class organization , and i am sure that they are not satisfied with just this sixth Superbowl. Our team played with the heart of a "team" that wanted to get things done. They did that. Santonio made a spectacular catch,when it meant the most.
    The o-line did thier job when it meant the most. Ben was as strong as he could be , when it meant the most.
    Santonio was the mvp,but it could have just as easily been other players as well. If they could give an mvp to an entire team ,i think this would be the time.
    This season was an entire effort of a whole team , and we should not ever forget that.
    Thats what is special about our team , it is not just one person , but a unit as a whole.
    They proved it , and noone can deny that. We are the Champions!!!!!!!!!!

Reppin' 724
    1a. Santonio's catch
    1b. Tyree's catch

Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Callax View Post
    Allright , time for me to throw in my 2 cents... I believe Santonio had the greatest [B][I]TOUCHDOWN[I][B] CATCH in Superbowl history, BUT I believe the GREATEST CATCH in Superbowl History was the Lynn Swann Sideline catch in Superbowl X!
    I think that Ben threw the perfect pass, just over the DB's outstretched fingers, but high enough for Holmes to extend (with toes on ground) to catch and secure the ball... I was jumping through my skin when he caught it, and quite happy for S H. maybe in a few years I will put Holmes catch over Lynn's sideline aerial artistry, but Santonio, you're #2 catch, Best TD catch, yes best catch....no
    what about franco harris grabbing the ball out of nowwhere in the superbowl against the raiders wwith 7 secs to go and ran it in for a touchdown to win the game that was (what were they calling it,oh yeah)immaculate afterv that then theres lynn swann then SH but hey three best catches in the nfl all pittsburgh players im happy with that no matter what order you put them in

Tailgate Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Callax View Post
    Allright , time for me to throw in my 2 cents... I believe Santonio had the greatest [b][i]TOUCHDOWN[i][b] CATCH in Superbowl history, BUT I believe the GREATEST CATCH in Superbowl History was the Lynn Swann Sideline catch in Superbowl X!

You beat me to it. Totally agree.

I'm A "Champion"

Thread Information