Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warren Sapp on Big Ben

Bookmark and Share
    Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Warren Sapp on Big Ben

Did any of you watch Inside the NFL last night. If you did you were forced to hear Sapp puking out crap again. The question was, "Where do you rate Ben agianst Brady and Peyton?" Seemed like Simms and Collinswoth felt that Ben could be mentioned right up there with those two, but Sapp says NO. He says, if you would not trade away either one of those guys for Ben, then he is not on their level. What is that? First off, I would never trade Ben for those two knuckle heads. If we did trade Ben at the start of the season for one of those guys we would not have won that SB. Doubt we would have even been in the game. To not have Ben in the top three or the #1 guy at this point is stupid IMO.....Brady is great at getting you into field goal range, and Peyton has played twice as long with half the rings. Both Brady and Peyton can only dream about having as many 4th quarter come backs as Ben. Ben to me stands alone and can do things that no other can. To me wins is what makes you great, and after 5 years no one has been better in the history of the league then Big Ben. I understand that this is a team sport, but Ben is not losing these games either.

IMO, Sapp should be fired for the simple fact that he is retarded, and pretends to know something of what a great QB is. I hate the fact that Simms is starting to grown on me because of idiots like Sapp.

Maybe he was saying that if they tried to trade Ben for P. Manning or Brady, that there should be a draft pick or another quality involved. So it would be Ben for P. Manning + something or someone else, or Ben for Brady + someone or something else. Gotta put a positive on everything

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Steeler View Post
    Maybe he was saying that if they tried to trade Ben for P. Manning or Brady, that there should be a draft pick or another quality involved. So it would be Ben for P. Manning + something or someone else, or Ben for Brady + someone or something else. Gotta put a positive on everything
    lol...He's just stupid. Its people like him that get people doubting Bens skill, and keep him down. Would I trade away Brady or Peyton for Ben? I dont know, but I can tell you I would never trade away Ben for either one of those guys. To me he has done more, and done it bigger and better. The only reason I'm on the fence about trading away Brady or Peyton would be because they are pretty good. You never get rid of a franchice QB.
    But to say Ben is not on their level..please, Ben is setting a new level, and all will be looking up and wishing they could be that guy...

Either Manning or Brady can't create plays like Ben does. They are in strict offensive systems that command them to get rid of the ball fast. Ben has shown that with the proper blocking he is also capable of this (How many TD's did he have last year?). Ben is an all around football player, not just a prototypical pocket passing QB. Ask Sapp the same question and phrase it like this "Which football player would you rather have on your team?" And I woudn't be surprised to see him or anyone say Ben.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by igor0190 View Post
    Either Manning or Brady can't create plays like Ben does. They are in strict offensive systems that command them to get rid of the ball fast. Ben has shown that with the proper blocking he is also capable of this (How many TD's did he have last year?). Ben is an all around football player, not just a prototypical pocket passing QB. Ask Sapp the same question and phrase it like this "Which football player would you rather have on your team?" And I woudn't be surprised to see him or anyone say Ben.
    If I ever get the chance, I will ask this question. And he better say what I want to hear or he's in for a dance off....lol

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Dean why do you take peoples opinions so seriously?....Sapp is entitled to his opinion....He wasn't knocking Ben but he just thinks Manning and Brady are better.....Nothing wrong with that opinion....I really could careless....Ben is a great fit for the Steelers and that is all that matters.....

lol you want sapp fired because hes "retarded"...meaning you dont agree with him.

get over it, i love when people hate on the steelers. i could listen to it all day

Ehh in a strictly numbers standpoint, Ben was pretty average. He had something like 3100 yds 15 tds and 12 ints.

And Brady has led a ridiculous amount of 4th quarter/OT drives that win the game and he has 3 rings.

i think they are actually pretty even in the comeback drive department

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Dean why do you take peoples opinions so seriously?....Sapp is entitled to his opinion....He wasn't knocking Ben but he just thinks Manning and Brady are better.....Nothing wrong with that opinion....I really could careless....Ben is a great fit for the Steelers and that is all that matters.....
    It pisses me off because because I tune in to hear legitatment opinions on players and/or games. I just want to know what he bases his opinion on. Simms at least will tell you why he thinks Ben should be league MVP, not just say it. Sapp just shakes his head like he has all the answers. Explain why, thats all. Tell me something real.

--- Added 2/5/2009 at 05:14 PM ---

Quote Originally Posted by steelcityrockers View Post
    Ehh in a strictly numbers standpoint, Ben was pretty average. He had something like 3100 yds 15 tds and 12 ints.

And Brady has led a ridiculous amount of 4th quarter/OT drives that win the game and he has 3 rings.
    No one has more then Ben since 2004. The year of his birth. Oh, and Brady is great at getting you into field goal range....

--- Added 2/5/2009 at 05:17 PM ---

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    lol you want sapp fired because hes "retarded"...meaning you dont agree with him.

get over it, i love when people hate on the steelers. i could listen to it all day
    I can handle people hating on the Steelers. I like that. But when you do comparisons, lets be real with it. Tells the listeners why you feel this way. dont roll your eyes like you have secrets that no other know...Yes, fire the bastard and bring back Marino....

Thread Information