Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I want the Titans in here for the Thursday night opener in September...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    saints-hater

I want the Titans in here for the Thursday night opener in September...

I been thinking about this the last few days ever since the Steelers won the Super Bowl that they will now get to host the Thursday night opener most likely on September 3rd to start the 2009 season at Heinz Field. The 8 canidates to come in here and play that game are the Cincy,Cleveland,Baltimore,Oakland,San Diego,Minnesota,Green Bay,and Tennessee. Personally, I could think of no other team that I would want coming in here for that first game then the Tennessee Titans. I still feel the Steelers have a lot of unfinished business with the Titans from that game back in December where they beat the Steelers 31-14, and of course the stomping and mocking of the Terrible Towel by guys like Lendale White,Keith Bulluck,and Jevon Kearse. Plus, you still hear Titans fans especially on their message boards saying that they were the better team in the AFC this season, and should have been in the Super Bowl and won the Super Bowl since they had the best the record and were the last team to beat the Steelers this season. They still think this especially since the Steelers and Titans didnt end up meeting in the AFC Championship game due to the fact that the Titans choked against the Ravens the same team the Steelers beat a week later.

Im begging the NFL to make the Titans that first team that has the tough task of coming in here to start the season and try to knock off the Super Bowl Champion Pittsburgh Steelers. I think other then the Baltimore Ravens the Titans would have to be the ideal choice looking at all those teams the Steelers play at home next year to have come in here for that game. The Steelers and their fans can really show the Titans especially fat-*** Lendale White that first night the Steelers begin their quest for back to back Super Bowl Championships what the terrible towel and the Steelers Nation is all about. Like I said I still feel the Steelers and the Steelers fans have unfinished business with the Titans after how they disrespected us that game in Tennessee in December. Schedueling them here for the opener that night would be the perfect opportunity for redemption and a lot of payback.

I really dont care who our first victim is

My Mood
    afc-hater
    I totally agree man, its gonna be really interesting when they go to Pittsburgh. I am going to that game 100%. I want nothing more then to STOMP there faces and have James Harrisson wave the towel after the victory on the field.
    Titans fans think they were the better team, why? because they beat the Steelers once. The Jets beat the Titans once didnt they? Does that make them the better team HELL NO! The Texans even beat the Titans so I guess Houston is better too?

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Don't they usually kick off the new NFL regular season with a playoff matchup? I want some revenge on the Titans for sure; they are next up on the chopping block for the Terrible Towel curse! They already got bit by it but now they need to have it driven home right down their throats courtesy of the World Champs!

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    The Titans and their fans can bitch all the want about who they think is the better team. We beat the Ravens three times, and they could only do it once, and lost to them at home. Not to mention our Trophy says we are the best....lol Titans or Raiders for the opener for me. The Steelers-Raiders game are special with me and the old man....

My Mood
    saints-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Don't they usually kick off the new NFL regular season with a playoff matchup? I want some revenge on the Titans for sure; they are next up on the chopping block for the Terrible Towel curse! They already got bit by it but now they need to have it driven home right down their throats courtesy of the World Champs!
    I dont think it has to be a playoff matchup TG. There hasnt been a playoff matchup in the opener since the Patriots and Colts meet in 2004. Looking at the schedule and who the Steelers play at home next season you would think that it would be one of 3 teams either the Ravens,Chargers,or Titans. To me the Titans is the more intriguing matchup because the Steelers beat the other 2 teams in the playoffs at Heinz Field. After how the Titans beat the Steelers in Nashville in December thinking they dominated the Steelers since they won 31-14 when a lot of the game was based on Ben turning the ball over, I still believe that the Steelers have a lot of unfinished business left with the Titans as far as Im concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    You are right that the Terrible Towel still needs to finish taking it's revenge. I would love for them to be the first ones that we crush next year.

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    I dont think it has to be a playoff matchup TG. There hasnt been a playoff matchup in the opener since the Patriots and Colts meet in 2004. Looking at the schedule and who the Steelers play at home next season you would think that it would be one of 3 teams either the Ravens,Chargers,or Titans. To me the Titans is the more intriguing matchup because the Steelers beat the other 2 teams in the playoffs at Heinz Field. After how the Titans beat the Steelers in Nashville in December thinking they dominated the Steelers since they won 31-14 when a lot of the game was based on Ben turning the ball over, I still believe that the Steelers have a lot of unfinished business left with the Titans as far as Im concerned.
    See I think the Steelers lost to the titans on purpose just so that they could avoid having to play the Ravens and the Titans. It was a smart move amkinf the Ravens and Titans play eachother. Let them beat eachother up and we take the winner. The Patriots did that to avoid us in 04-05 playoffs. They set it up so that if the had to play us it would be for the AFC title. Remember that stupid pooch kick field goal?....Smart coaching if you ask me.
    I just think the Steelers thought the titans had more class then they showed. Revenge will be sweet no matter when we play them.

My Mood
    saints-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean Denton View Post
    See I think the Steelers lost to the titans on purpose just so that they could avoid having to play the Ravens and the Titans. It was a smart move amkinf the Ravens and Titans play eachother. Let them beat eachother up and we take the winner. The Patriots did that to avoid us in 04-05 playoffs. They set it up so that if the had to play us it would be for the AFC title. Remember that stupid pooch kick field goal?....Smart coaching if you ask me.
    I just think the Steelers thought the titans had more class then they showed. Revenge will be sweet no matter when we play them.
    Oh I agree completely Dean and I said this for weeks after it happened that the Steelers were better off losing that game to the Titans so that they wouldnt have to play a hot Ravens team in their first playoff game at the risk of coming out flat. Little did the Titans know that beating the Steelers was actually the worst possible thing that could have happened to them because they ended up getting a better team like the Ravens first as opposed to a team like the Chargers who barely snuck in the playoffs and werent as good as Baltimore. I said this all season long as well when I broke down my seedings and scenarios week in and week out that the better teams in the AFC this season in the playoffs were going to be the lower seeded teams such as the Colts and Ravens who both ended up being 5 and 6 seeds in the playoffs.

And as a result of that, getting the number 1 overall seed and homefield advantage this season was not neccessarily a big deal because you were going to end up seeing one of those teams your first playoff game as opposed to seeing either the Dolphins or the Chargers who were divison winners and the higher seeds at 3 and 4 but definitely not better teams then the Colts or Ravens were this season. You're completely right with that and while I dont know if the Steelers lost to the Titans on purpose, the Titans winning that game really ended up screwing them and helping our road and path in the playoffs become much more easier then it would have been had the Steelers beat the Titans and earned the number 1 seed and homefield advantage. It's why I thought it was totally ridiculous that the Titans and their players were celebrating after they beat the Steelers and clinched homefield like they had just won something and won the Lombardi Trophy for clinching homefield. It made the Titans look really arrogant and cocky and it just shows you how overrated of a team they were this season, and how overrated of a coach that Jeff Fisher really was because he didnt keep that team grounded and focused on the bigger task and prize at hand.

My Mood
    Addicted
    That might be to dangerous for them (TiTans) really though i don't care who beat up on first, all i know is we are gonna be on an mission to be the first to Seven an whoever is in our way will be stomped out
    Last edited by HUNT4SEVEN; 02-04-2009 at 08:21 PM.

Thread Information