Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rashard Mendenhall

Bookmark and Share
    Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Clevestinks View Post
    He is one reason that I think we will be a better team next year. I`m very curious and optimistic. he did though look small in the parade, I was surprised. But I think he styling of running is more reminiscent of the old Steelers style of running the ball. I like Willie, but he is going down to easily anymore.
    Hey ted,

You need to add another Lombardi to that image !

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    How can you possibly throw Mendenhall under the bus already???? The dude barely played this season. If the Steelers didn't think he was worthy of the first round pick they spent on him then they wouldn't have drafted him. We may not be the best at day 2 drafting in recent years before Tomlin but we rarely miss on a 1st round pick.

Rashard will be a good back and he'll really help our running game. I expect a full out competition for the top RB spot heading into camp this year.

Cannot wait to see what he does
    The guys in the draft room through a party when they drafted him,,,,,so they see something special in him,but we have to fix our o-line
    Which i see us doing in the off-season,,,,,

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    One thing I know is that Mendenhals bone that was broke will be stronger because of it, so we dont need to worry about that bone getting broke again. For me I think the jury is still out on Mendy. He dropped the ball a lot this year, and we dont have Hoak anymore to help with that. I will give him this next season, and maybe thats it. First rounders cant be made of glass and he needs to hold the ball. Our first 2 draft picks need to learn how to sneak stick-um on their hands and not get caught....lol

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Ok....I'm in the heart of Big 10 country.....I watched Rashard Mendenhall a ton when he was in college...He has the talent to be a very good NFL RB.......Its all up to him on what kind of player he becomes....I hope he his a chip on his shoulder to bounce back strong this year.......We're going to need him.....Parker and Moore are solid....I'm still not sold on Gary Russell and he was another RB that I liked very much when he was in college....The Steelers need Rashard to become the RB that can shoulder the load for this running game......

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Ok....I'm in the heart of Big 10 country.....I watched Rashard Mendenhall a ton when he was in college...He has the talent to be a very good NFL RB.......Its all up to him on what kind of player he becomes....I hope he his a chip on his shoulder to bounce back strong this year.......We're going to need him.....Parker and Moore are solid....I'm still not sold on Gary Russell and he was another RB that I liked very much when he was in college....The Steelers need Rashard to become the RB that can shoulder the load for this running game......
    I agree with you only because we have no other options right now. Its him or nothing. Willie cant last forever, and Moore was just a nice surprise not a long term solution.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean Denton View Post
    I agree with you only because we have no other options right now. Its him or nothing. Willie cant last forever, and Moore was just a nice surprise not a long term solution.
    If Rashard Mendenhall can prove himself and take the majority of the carries....I think that will be a big help to Parker and will keep Willie fresh during the season....I still like Parker and think he is solid RB.....

Moore is a quality back and a great third down back....But he isn't a RB that can be a 16 game starter....

I think Rashard is going to be fine......I like the kid and still believe in his talents.....

I think Mendenhall has everything to be a solid #1 back in the NFL and will become that guy. As far as when, this is probably a little too optimistic, but I could see him taking the #1 spot either after another Parker injury or just through play around week 10 next year and never giving it back. I hope so anyway.

Not only would it leave us with a better #1 guy we could then have Parker in a more "scat back" role coming fresh off the bench and actually effectively using that speed. That would be scary.

Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    yes cause parker is a bum.....unless he's playing the browns, bengals, or any other ****** team is when he shines, he fails against good teams...............when you have three of something it usually means you have nothing, mendenhall will change that
    Parker lead the league last year in rushing yards until he broke his leg some where around week 13. Once he gets healthy he burns past everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Hova8551 View Post
    Parker lead the league last year in rushing yards until he broke his leg some where around week 13. Once he gets healthy he burns past everyone.
    Okay a couple things, Parker is only good against bad defenses, actually exceptionally good against bad defenses. This is because hes fast as hell so a missed tackle or empty gap ends up costing you 10 yards automatic. In 2007 he also had a good line and Faneca. Parker doesn't have the strength or balance to break tackles and gain extra yards and because of this I think he will eventually lose his job to Mendenhall. Second, when is Parker healthy anymore?

Thread Information