Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The "Salute to the Champions" Steelers Parade today was awesome...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    saints-hater

The "Salute to the Champions" Steelers Parade today was awesome...

All I have to say is wow!!! Being a fellow Pittsburgh native and being only 30 years old and being an avid Steelers follower since the mid to late 80's today's Parade in downtown was simply amazing...I had a very good spot on the Blvd of The Allies very close to the stage on Stanwix as well in the front row, and was able to have guys like Coach Tomlin Coach Lebeau,Farrior,Casey Hampton,and Aaron Smith all come up to me and slap five and just hear them screaming and saying how they did it when nobody gave them a chance. The Super Bowl XL win in 2005 was very special, but the way the Steelers won this Super Bowl game with the Ben to Holmes TD in the final 30 seconds, and it being a symbol of how this Steelers team won games all year long this season was just simply amazing. This Parade today is the reason why we come on these boards all the time and analyze things, it's why I come on here and give tiebraking scenarios for seeding situations all year long no matter how long they might be lol, and give scenarios which I think gives this team the best chance to get to the Super Bowl and win it so I can experience a parade and a celebration like I saw today. Our reward as fans is being able to go down to this parade today and stick it to every single other NFL team's fans in the National Football League and just say that the Steelers our football team is the best team in the NFL in 2008.

It's all so that we can decorate our game rooms with Steelers Super Bowl Champion posters, and buy merchandise up the a-hole like I have been doing since Monday morning. Simply put this parade today was awesome and ever since about 1015 Sunday night when the Steelers recovered that fumble to seal the victory I have been on cloud 9. what a great day to be a fan of the Black and Gold. I hope a lot of you got a chance to go down today and experience the parade like I did because I am sure if you did you feel the exact same way I feel about a lot of the things I just mentioned....SIXBURGH RULES BABY....

Rookie Free Agent
    Don't live in Pittsburgh but I watched on KDKA TV online and it was so, so awesome.
    I felt so much apart of the Parade...it was like I was there which I was in spirit.
    Steeler Born
    Steeler Bred
    And
    When I Die
    I'll be
    Steeler Dead!

We transplants throughout the US who watched online can only imagine how awesome it was to be their first hand. I know I was getting amped watching from working and that overwhelming feeling of joy!

My Mood
    afc-hater
    Ya I caught some of it too, what a great day for the Steeler Nation!! I love how everybody is big on goin' out and doing the same next season!! Stairway to Seven baby!!

LOL Anybody see Bruce Arians get booed at his own parade though

Originally from Johnstown, PA...now trapped in Bungleland
    If anyone knows of a way to be able to watch it now, I would really appreciate the info. Couldn't watch it live today...

Quote Originally Posted by Xplosive_Steel View Post
    Ya I caught some of it too, what a great day for the Steeler Nation!! I love how everybody is big on goin' out and doing the same next season!! Stairway to Seven baby!!

LOL Anybody see Bruce Arians get booed at his own parade though
    I heard that too but I think they were saying "Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce!!!!"

I took my son and met my daughter who's in college in Ohio at the parade. It was a good time and they both loved it My plan was to get close to the stage to see them talk instead of somewhere along the parade route. We got there around 10:30 was able to get about 50 rows back with a decent view of the stage. There were 2 problems, the first and biggest was that the sound system SUCKED totally. As close as we were you could not hear a thing. It's like they used the speakers from the first super bowl parade. It it wasn't because of crowd noise. Even before the team got there and Bob Pompanae?? was talking you couldn't hear. Very poor job by the city with that Also a few people at first had their kids on their shoulders. After about 10 minutes of the crowd yelling put the kids down the A-holes finally did. It was still a fun day but if I do the next one I'll just try and get a spot along the route instead.

The highlight was Troy stopping standing up and saying 1,2,3,4,5,6!! and lauching himself into the crowd! Awesome!
    Last edited by LarryNJ; 02-04-2009 at 08:13 AM.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

My Mood
    Smokin
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryNJ View Post
    I took my son and met my daughter who's in college in Ohio at the parade. It was a good time and they both loved it My plan was to get close to the stage to see them talk instead of somewhere along the parade route. We got there around 10:30 was able to get about 50 rows back with a decent view of the stage. There were 2 problems, the first and biggest was that the sound system SUCKED totally. As close as we were you could not hear a thing. It's like they used the speakers from the first super bowl parade. It it wasn't because of crowd noise. Even before the team got there and Bob Pompanae?? was talking you couldn't hear. Very poor job by the city with that Also a few people at first had their kids on their shoulders. After about 10 minutes of the crowd yelling put the kids down the A-holes finally did. It was still a fun day but if I do the next one I'll just try and get a spot along the route instead.

The highlight was Troy stopping standing up and saying 1,2,3,4,5,6!! and lauching himself into the crowd! Awesome!
    We got a spot along parade route close to the beginning...so then we headed to cars before traffice got bad and listened to them on stage from the radio which was awesome....

we did have the people who put kids on their shoulders also....not even caring about the people behind them....

But it was awesome...2nd one I have been to so far and hopefully get to go to more...was glad my dad got to see it...he was like a little kid...

Thanks for the sig Flea

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    It was cold, so they say. Couldn`t tell, people were pumped. It was well worth the 2.5 hour drive!

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

My Mood
    Smokin
    Quote Originally Posted by Clevestinks View Post
    It was cold, so they say. Couldn`t tell, people were pumped. It was well worth the 2.5 hour drive!
    Yeah...sure ....easy for you to say....I do agree it was worth it..but you didnt have to go thru what I did...first off you didnt have Kerry in your car...he finally falls asleep and I got you in front of me...acting like you are gonna get off at an exit and dont at the last second and i have to jerk the car over and Kerry wakes up then you do that the whole way along with your turn signal...and he just thought you were sooooo funny...that I couldnt get him to shut up about it

Thanks for the sig Flea

Thread Information