Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 94/97/01/04 what would have happened?

Bookmark and Share

94/97/01/04 what would have happened?

As long as its SB time lets talk about what could have been. If the Steelers had won those championship games, how many of the SB's would we have won?
    1994-against the high powered SF offense?
    1997-against Brett Favre in his prime?
    2001-against the high powered Rams?
    2004-against Donovan and the Eagles?

Which if any would we have been favored in?

Quote Originally Posted by lakeeffectsnows View Post
    As long as its SB time lets talk about what could have been. If the Steelers had won those championship games, how many of the SB's would we have won?
    1994-against the high powered SF offense?
    1997-against Brett Favre in his prime?
    2001-against the high powered Rams?
    2004-against Donovan and the Eagles?

Which if any would we have been favored in?
    1994 SF would have been favored.
    1997 Favre was the ESPN man of the year. Pittsburgh would still have had a great chance.
    2001 Same thing as this year. Defense wins. It did then and it would have with Pitt again.
    2004 McNabb and Reid would still have mismanaged the clock.

I think you forgot some however. Weren't there a few AFC title losses in the 70's? If memory serves me right they lost in 77 to Oakland who went on to win. Back then the NFC was awful. Hmmm... pretty much the same now. What if they had won 5 in 6 years not 4?

Yeah, they also lost in 72, 76, and 84. I was just thinking of recent memory.

Yeah, they also lost in 72, 76, and 84. I was just thinking of recent memory.
    When we get right down to it the Steelers are more than the best organization in the NFL. NO other team in ANY other sport has as large a following period! How many other teams have ever had an opponent's home town beg their fans to stop selling tickets to any fans of any other team!? Can you say Baltimore and Cincinati!? Those teams might have empty stadiums if not for the Steelers fans.

Add on any of those wins and it would just be bigger. The 72 loss was to Miami and was 21-17. That was the game after the immaculate reception wasn't it?

This is just another in a growing list. The potential is there for this team to take a few more in the coming years and with this organization there will be more. Just putting distance between the Steelers and eveyone else.

Yeah, the 72 game was after The Immaculate Reception and was the same year Miami was undefeated. 76, they lost to the Raiders and played all or most of the game without Franco and Rocky. 84, they just lost to a great offense with Marino (not much you could do about this one).

Yeah, the 72 game was after The Immaculate Reception and was the same year Miami was undefeated. 76, they lost to the Raiders and played all or most of the game without Franco and Rocky. 84, they just lost to a great offense with Marino (not much you could do about this one).
    But for a few untimely injuries and the team of the 70's could easily have won 8 times. They were the team to beat for the entire decade. No other team has ever come close. Any time the conversation comes up about what was the best team ever, the end result is the Steelers of the 70's. None has ever been so great and likley never will. Free agency and other factors such as salary cap have made dynasties like that unlikley.

I was lucky enough to start going to training camp in 69. I have only missed 4 since. Missed last year due to a trip to Cooperstown with my son's baseball team. Just about the only thing I can think of worht missing camp for!

Pro Bowl #2 and Counting JoeThomas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NHStlrfan View Post
    When we get right down to it the Steelers are more than the best organization in the NFL. NO other team in ANY other sport has as large a following period! How many other teams have ever had an opponent's home town beg their fans to stop selling tickets to any fans of any other team!? Can you say Baltimore and Cincinati!? Those teams might have empty stadiums if not for the Steelers fans.

Add on any of those wins and it would just be bigger. The 72 loss was to Miami and was 21-17. That was the game after the immaculate reception wasn't it?

This is just another in a growing list. The potential is there for this team to take a few more in the coming years and with this organization there will be more. Just putting distance between the Steelers and eveyone else.
    sorry buddy, its a fact the browns have the most fans worldwide. i dont know the exact number but there are many browns backers clubs over the world. but i dont doubt that the steelers are one of the more popular, well run organizations out there.

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeThomas View Post
    sorry buddy, its a fact the browns have the most fans worldwide. i dont know the exact number but there are many browns backers clubs over the world. but i dont doubt that the steelers are one of the more popular, well run organizations out there.
    Got a link? Considering how we as fans travel on the road, we should be considered the most dedicated to our team.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Its also a fact that no one in here cares about the Browns!

--- Added 1/30/2009 at 11:20 PM ---

94 would have been a tall order to beat the 49ers-we had a great defense that year though

97 we would have had a good shot against the Pack

01 the Pats beat the Rams, why couldn't we?

04 we would have had a good shot against the Eagles

I don't no if we would have been favored in any but I think we reallistically could have won 2 (Eagles would have been most likely)

Could of should of would have... it's 2009 can't do anything about the past but speculate.

Thread Information