Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alright let's hear it..We're 2-5 is this season over ?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I never thought I'd see the day when a Bill Cowher coached team is out of control but that scenario is unfolding right before our eyes. We're undisciplined on defense and offense, and we won't even discuss the special teams.

There is no single player to blame, there is a 53 man roster and a host of coaches that are.

5 games in the Div, that's the only chance.....
    aushqf4

We're out and we deserve it. I love these guys and have since I was a teenager ... a looooong time ago. I've seen losing seasons out of them for sure, but I've NEVER seen anything like this.

I hold BC responsible ... when you see this kind of inconsistency, an avalanche of stupid mistakes that literally hands lesser talented teams games that we should've won, and the kind of mule-headedness that keeps running the same plays over and over that clearly aren't effective, that's on the HC.

Does anyone really think that if we can't pull our heads out of our 4$$3$ long enough to beat the Raiders, we can magically get transform ourselves into playoff material?

Disgraceful.

I love the Steelers and always will, but I'm done hoping for some magic this year... magic doesn't win football games ... talent, heart and strong leadership does.

I'm trying to stay positive the best I can... I'm not throwing the towel in just yet, but the towel is resting on my shoulder and is ready to grab!

I don't recall seeing a team that is this undisciplined. The 03 team just had a sucky secondary and coach decided the Steelers were going to be a passing team. There is no execused for the turnovers though, Ben had finally got his TD's close to INT's but since he hadn't thrown and INT is the past 2 games he made it for it yesterday. Bottom line is the Steelers were looking past the Raiders and had the attitude 'We ar ethe SB champs the Raiders aren't going to beat us' ... Who's laughing now!

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelersFire View Post
    We're out and we deserve it. I love these guys and have since I was a teenager ... a looooong time ago. I've seen losing seasons out of them for sure, but I've NEVER seen anything like this.

I hold BC responsible ... when you see this kind of inconsistency, an avalanche of stupid mistakes that literally hands lesser talented teams games that we should've won, and the kind of mule-headedness that keeps running the same plays over and over that clearly aren't effective, that's on the HC.

Does anyone really think that if we can't pull our heads out of our 4$$3$ long enough to beat the Raiders, we can magically get transform ourselves into playoff material?

Disgraceful.

I love the Steelers and always will, but I'm done hoping for some magic this year... magic doesn't win football games ... talent, heart and strong leadership does.
    I totally agree with you about Bill Cowher. I'll keep on saying it. He knows in his mind that he is retiring after this year and really doesn't care. I think he wanted to finish out his contract which ends after the 2007 season. But I see him retiring after this year and he has an excuse now. The teams terrible play that will result in a horrilbe record this year.

I thank Bill for all he has done. But get the **** out. He is a lame duck coach.

IMO, I don't see Cowher retiring after a crappy season like the Steelers are having now. Everybody wants to go out on top and Cowher knows he has the team to do it. If the Steelers finsh below 500 or don't make the playoffs I feel it will lite a fire under Cowher and he will return for at least one more year!

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Steeler View Post
    IMO, I don't see Cowher retiring after a crappy season like the Steelers are having now. Everybody wants to go out on top and Cowher knows he has the team to do it. If the Steelers finsh below 500 or don't make the playoffs I feel it will lite a fire under Cowher and he will return for at least one more year!
    I would agree with you if his family wasn't in South Carolina and still in Pittsburgh.

yeah we're done. we have no shot in life of making the playoffs. there are so many problems, and you guys have done a great job listing them all. i put all the blame on bill cowher. its his job to get the team motivated, and he hasn't done that since superbowl XL. its obvious he doesn't have his heart in it anymore, if he had any balls he'd step down ASAP and move to NC with the rest of his family. he's not doing anyone any favors right now.

Originally from Johnstown, PA...now trapped in Bungleland
    I'll say it again....the fat lady may be in her dress and center stage, but she hasn't sung yet! Hold on to your skivvies!!! It's not over till it's over. If and when that time comes for this season, we can still enjoy the games....even it's just to be a spoiler. And then we look forward to next season!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Cowher was quoted as saying at some point that if the Steelers had not made the super bowl last year he wouldnt have retired...then we made the super bowl and won it and he still didn't retire.

At this point it's anybody's guess where his head is at these days.

Thread Information