Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: This 2006 team is a complete disaster !

Bookmark and Share
    The problem on that drive was that normally in that situation, we would just have Ben run it in for the touchdown, but you can't do that there because, coming off another concussion, you can't take the risk of Ben going in and getting his head knocked off. So, without our main goal line play, we were stuck with trying to get Willie and Najeh to run it in, and neither of them could. I'm not saying Willie sucks, and I'm not saying he's great. I'm not saying Najeh sucks, and I'm not saying he's great either. The fact is, neither of them is Jerome Bettis, and while I think they can both be successful RBs for the Steelers, neither of them has really been able to show anything in short yardage situations. And yeah, it certainly didn't help that our O-line was getting outmuscled by the freakin Raiders.
    Who Ride?! WE RIDE!!! Long live the Boot!!!

"I'll always be a Steeler" - Joey Porter
    "Once a Steeler, always a Steeler" - Kordell Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think we should make willie parker eat lots and lots of cake so we have a power running game

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    i say we bring out the e-octagon and brawl lol
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

I can't disagree with a single thing TG said in the initial post. The only thing I can add is that it's a damn shame.
    What was Cowher thinking keeping Ben in??? The guy had no business playing in this game: reading plays off his wristband? running around like a girl more afraid of getting hit than finding someone open? 4 interceptions? Good lord.
    Back to the Pop Warner leagues.
    Maybe next year will be better.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelersFire View Post
    The guy had no business playing in this game: reading plays off his wristband? running around like a girl more afraid of getting hit than finding someone open? 4 interceptions? Good lord.
    Back to the Pop Warner leagues.
    Maybe next year will be better.
    I can't disagree with youat all...except he always reads plays from his wristband. Ben looked horrible and showed that he should not have been playing. Our problems go deeper than offense thoughl. Our ST is absolutely horrible, our D isn't playing great and they are definately not disciplined (2 PF back to back giving the Raiders O 30 undeserved yrds.) This entire year is sick. And I hate to say it..but that was probably the end of our seasonl. Anyone that knows me, knows I will try to find the positive and not count them out yet, but unfortunately I don't think there is much they can do gto get out of this hole they have put themselves in.

sig made by K Train....Thank you!

Can't we all just get along!

The Steelers brought Najeh in to help relieve Parker of the 25-30 caries a game he was getting. The clip in which Parker was carrying the ball he wasn't going to make it to the end of the season, and that's a guarantee! The question is, if the Steelers brought in Najeh to help Parker then why the **** aren't they using him? You can't expect to bring someone in that has had all of 4 carries on the day and hasn't had a chance to get in the flow of the game. Yes, they are professionals and should be ready to go when their number is called but on the particular play, that seems to be causing all the arguing, Najeh didn't have a chance and neither would the Bus in that situation. The Oakland blitzer was a fraction of a second away from taking the hand-off himself and going in for another Raider defensive score. There is nobody to blame on that play but the o-line or the backer that should have picked up the blitz.

I don't recall anyone every saying Najeh is great because I don't even know how someone could up with that kind of statement unless it was immediately following the KC game? Najeh hasn't been given a chance to really show if he is good or if he does suck! Najeh has showed some good things when given a chance, but for some people it takes more than 4 carries to really get in the flow and there is not much a person can do when they are met in the backfield by someone who blitzed and came in untouched...

Thread Information