Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This 2006 team is a complete disaster !

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Angry This 2006 team is a complete disaster !

Im sorry, and please feel free to flame me if you like but honestly at this point We absolutely are a complete and total nightmare. We can't throw, we cant run with any consistency, our special teams are ridiculously bad, our OL can't block anyone, our QB shouldn't have even played and the fact that he did and threw 4 interceptions is just pathetic, and our defense has too many penalties !!

We just simply cannot put together a series of good plays without shooting ourselves in the foot. We have stupid penalites, we're terrible in the red zone, we gives games away. We cannot win in this league playing like we are this year, and the schedule isn't getting any easier.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    We just blew 1st and goal inside the 5 yd line. 4 chances to get a TD and we go backwards. Game, set, match to the Raiders.

This team absolutely cannot get out of its own way !

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    We just blew 1st and goal inside the 5 yd line. 4 chances to get a TD and we go backwards. Game, set, match to the Raiders.

This team absolutely cannot get out of its own way !

#1 BC went from his hurry up offense to a power game soon as we got to the goal. Never should of done that. We don't have a power game and you don't punch it in from there with "the wind knocks me over" Parker. What the hell we bother to waste money signing Davenport for if we don't use him there.

#2 Another stupid penalty

#3 Should have went play action on the first 2 tries

My first comment is part of what is wrong with this team. Cowher is stuck on last year but doesn't have the players to do what we did last year.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    the season is done......cowher has to be fired, don't let him resign, send a message and fire him as soon as the game is over.....then sit ben and put in batch for the rest of the season
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Even Davenport got lost 4 yds down there, our OL just doesnt know how to block period.

You can't expect Najeh to come in with the game on the line, being "cold" from sitting all day, and expect a miracle ! When will BC realize this is anybody's guess at this point !

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Yea I don't knock Willie at all. Davenport got stuffed on that 3rd and short. He sure didn't have any burst or power at all. Its just a mess right now.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Yea I don't knock Willie at all. Davenport got stuffed on that 3rd and short. He sure didn't have any burst or power at all. Its just a mess right now.
    That had nothing to do with his burst or power. He couldn't even get started before he was hit 4 yds in the backfield. That's the line on that play.
    I know what you are saying TG but Davenport should be used more throughout the game.

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelersfan View Post
    That had nothing to do with his burst or power. He couldn't even get started before he was hit 4 yds in the backfield. That's the line on that play.
    I know what you are saying TG but Davenport should be used more throughout the game.
    Davenport was slow in hitting that hole. Oh sorry to disagree with the head of SteelerAddicts. Watch the film again. Davenport is slow and soft. Sure you knock Willie Parker and do not fault the Oline. But its the Oline's fault for Davenport being stuffed. If Davenport was this great RB then why did the Pacekers cut him.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Davenport was slow in hitting that hole. Oh sorry to disagree with the head of SteelerAddicts. Watch the film again. Davenport is slow and soft. Sure you knock Willie Parker and do not fault the Oline. But its the Oline's fault for Davenport being stuffed. If Davenport was this great RB then why did the Pacekers cut him.
    What the hell is that about? I could care less if you disagree with me whether I own the site or not!
    I knock Parker because he has shown all year he can't pick up the short yds when we need them. He is too small to do it all the time. Sorry, but I'm not a fan of Parker being the RB to carry this team like a lot of people. I like him as a change of pace back but not to carry the ball 250-300 times.
    Davenport is averaging 5.1yds a carry and has the longest run on the Steelers. Not too mention he has done well returning the ball too. They need to get him in so he can get into the flow of the game. Maybe you should go back and look at some film too.
    The Packers cut him because he was injured last year and they have Green.

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelersfan View Post
    What the hell is that about? I could care less if you disagree with me whether I own the site or not!
    I knock Parker because he has shown all year he can't pick up the short yds when we need them. He is too small to do it all the time. Sorry, but I'm not a fan of Parker being the RB to carry this team like a lot of people. I like him as a change of pace back but not to carry the ball 250-300 times.
    Davenport is averaging 5.1yds a carry and has the longest run on the Steelers. Not too mention he has done well returning the ball too. They need to get him in so he can get into the flow of the game. Maybe you should go back and look at some film too.
    The Packers cut him because he was injured last year and they have Green.
    Willie Parker has proven himself more then all great Najeh Davenport. Dookie is soft thats one of the reasons he is always injured. He has proven he can't carry slight load witht he Packers.

Again your faulting Parker and finding no blame with Oline. But then you blame the Oline for Davenports short comings. The Steelers set themselves up for this by putting their faith in Duce Staley before training camp started. Then when Duce proved to be done. They were stuck with the likes of Davenport. You act like he is Jim Brown. Davenport isn't going to save the running game at all.

Thread Information