Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This 2006 team is a complete disaster !

Bookmark and Share
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    No running back is great without a good OL to help them. Willie, Najeh, Verron, Kreider, it doesnt matter who is carrying the ball because our OL can't block.
    No kidding Top Gun. Thanks for pointing that out. Just saying the good old head man at Steelers Addicts takes a shot at Willie Parker. Then blames the Oline for Davenport short comings. Again answer me if Davenport was so good then why did the Packers cut him? Davenport is a good back but he isn't the typical power back the Steelers like to use. He is a big back but doesn't always plays like one. He was soft with Green Bay. Then why should it change now. Just my two . If you want to ban me go ahead and ban me.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Davenport was slow in hitting that hole. Oh sorry to disagree with the head of SteelerAddicts. Watch the film again. Davenport is slow and soft. Sure you knock Willie Parker and do not fault the Oline. But its the Oline's fault for Davenport being stuffed. If Davenport was this great RB then why did the Pacekers cut him.
    What the hell is that about? I could care less if you disagree with me whether I own the site or not!
    I knock Parker because he has shown all year he can't pick up the short yds when we need them. He is too small to do it all the time. Sorry, but I'm not a fan of Parker being the RB to carry this team like a lot of people. I like him as a change of pace back but not to carry the ball 250-300 times.
    Davenport is averaging 5.1yds a carry and has the longest run on the Steelers. Not too mention he has done well returning the ball too. They need to get him in so he can get into the flow of the game. Maybe you should go back and look at some film too.
    The Packers cut him because he was injured last year and they have Green.

My Mood
    Addicted
    No kidding Top Gun. Thanks for pointing that out. Just saying the good old head man at Steelers Addicts takes a shot at Willie Parker. Then blames the Oline for Davenport short comings. Again answer me if Davenport was so good then why did the Packers cut him? Davenport is a good back but he isn't the typical power back the Steelers like to use. He is a big back but doesn't always plays like one. He was soft with Green Bay. Then why should it change now. Just my two . If you want to ban me go ahead and ban me.
    You keep calling me out as like that and we will have a problem. Cut the crap. Like I said before I could care less that you disagree with me. You have your opinion and I have mine. I blamed the o-line for that one play we were talking about with Davenport so get over it. The 0-line has done it to Willie too just as Willie has had his *** knocked backwards as many times as he has gone forward and it had nothing to do with the line.

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelersfan View Post
    What the hell is that about? I could care less if you disagree with me whether I own the site or not!
    I knock Parker because he has shown all year he can't pick up the short yds when we need them. He is too small to do it all the time. Sorry, but I'm not a fan of Parker being the RB to carry this team like a lot of people. I like him as a change of pace back but not to carry the ball 250-300 times.
    Davenport is averaging 5.1yds a carry and has the longest run on the Steelers. Not too mention he has done well returning the ball too. They need to get him in so he can get into the flow of the game. Maybe you should go back and look at some film too.
    The Packers cut him because he was injured last year and they have Green.
    Willie Parker has proven himself more then all great Najeh Davenport. Dookie is soft thats one of the reasons he is always injured. He has proven he can't carry slight load witht he Packers.

Again your faulting Parker and finding no blame with Oline. But then you blame the Oline for Davenports short comings. The Steelers set themselves up for this by putting their faith in Duce Staley before training camp started. Then when Duce proved to be done. They were stuck with the likes of Davenport. You act like he is Jim Brown. Davenport isn't going to save the running game at all.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    See what this season is doing to us, everybody is at each others throats.. Thanks alot Steelers

My Mood
    Mad
    See what this season is doing to us, everybody is at each others throats.. Thanks alot Steelers
    No not really just saying Dookie Davenport is a solid player but he isn't the answer either for the short yardage role. The Steelers brass fumbled the ball by keeping faith in Duce Staley before training camp. When Duce proved to be done. The Steelers were stuck with the likes of Dookie on the free agent wire.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    It all comes down to this whole offense being inept in every facet. Willie, Najeh, the OL, the WR's, Qb and TE are all to blame. You can't be successul without every part working in unison and being together.

Najeh could be great but we don't use him enough. The OL could be great if they learned how to block, Willie could be great if held onto the ball and didn't get countless no yard gains and then mix it up with a big long run to pad the stats...at this point everyone sucks and they are all to blame.

My Mood
    Mad
    It all comes down to this whole offense being inept in every facet. Willie, Najeh, the OL, the WR's, Qb and TE are all to blame. You can't be successul without every part working in unison and being together.

Najeh could be great but we don't use him enough. The OL could be great if they learned how to block, Willie could be great if held onto the ball and didn't get countless no yard gains and then mix it up with a big long run to pad the stats...at this point everyone sucks and they are all to blame.
    Sorry but I don't think Najeh could be a great big back. He is a big back but he doesn't play as big as his size. The Steelers need to find that true typical power back for the short yardage role. Your right though the Oline is a mess. Did you know ESPN scouts rated the Steelers Oline as the best in the NFL. What were they smoking?

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Anybody that rated us the best at anything except beating ourselves and underachieving is smoking something seriously good and better pass the bong to the rest of us....

Im not sold that Najeh can't be great until we feed him the ball on a regular basis with a good OL and then see how he does...but this year that's not going to happen as far as I can tell.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Willie Parker has proven himself more then all great Najeh Davenport. Dookie is soft thats one of the reasons he is always injured. He has proven he can't carry slight load witht he Packers.

Again your faulting Parker and finding no blame with Oline. But then you blame the Oline for Davenports short comings. The Steelers set themselves up for this by putting their faith in Duce Staley before training camp started. Then when Duce proved to be done. They were stuck with the likes of Davenport. You act like he is Jim Brown. Davenport isn't going to save the running game at all.
    Why do you keep saying things I never said? I never said Davenport was great. He can help this team if they would use him yes. And I don't care what he did with the Packers. He is here now and has played well and we should be using him more.
    I was talking about one play with the o-line and Davenport while talking about short yardage plays with Parker in general. All Parker has shown is he can break a run from time to time and fumble the ball but you act like he is Barry Sanders.

Thread Information