Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why Does Ben Get A Pass?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Don't you think Charlie Batch could have went out there and threw some INT's as well? I like Batch and he has played well when called upon. But the Raiders did have the number passing defense heading into this game I believe. Some of that is misleading since the Raiders have been trailing so much in games and teams didn't need to pass the pass the ball. All I'm saying the Raiders defense did play well today. Just giving the Raiders D some credit.
    Maybe he would have, maybe he wouldn't have, no one can say for sure..but it's clear Ben's decision making is far from good at this point and Batch should have been playing because of Ben just coming off a concussion. Charlie is far from perfect but he's more mobile than Ben is right now.

Yes the Raiders defense played well, they took advantage of everything we gave them.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Maybe he would have, maybe he wouldn't have, no one can say for sure..but it's clear Ben's decision making is far from good at this point and Batch should have been playing because of Ben just coming off a concussion. Charlie is far from perfect but he's more mobile than Ben is right now.

Yes the Raiders defense played well, they took advantage of everything we gave them.
    Dude I just believe if Ben is cleared to play and if he is the Steelers guy. He has to start. Maybe Cowher should have yanked Ben after the third pick though. But you live and die with Big Ben. I just hope this season proves to be tough lesson for all that will be on this team next year and hope they come back focused.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I know we live and die with Ben..he is our guy that's what we drafted him for. I just don't think starting him no matter how good his tests came back this week were, it certainly wouldnt have hurt to give him a week to make sure. Maybe Batch would have been better maybe not, but he certainly couldnt have been any worse.

Please, do not ever compare Ben to Tommy Maddox again.

Why he has gotten a 'pass' this season?

I don't know, maybe it was those two concussions in just 4 months. Maybe it was that appendectomy that was in between those two concussions.

Or maybe, just maybe, it's because he was the first quarterback to win us a Super Bowl since Terry Bradshaw.

Have a little faith, if Ben has shown anything it's that he always comes back from an injury with rust, but is able to knock it off and be back into form in a week or so.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    all i know is it will be or so, cause next week the broncos d will eat him a live
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

Yeah, I think you've got to give some props to the Raiders D. They out-muscled our offensive line, and shut down the run.

But no, I don't think Batch throws all those INTs. I mean the one in the endzone was just plain stupid. It's the 2nd time Ben's forced a ball into triple coverage in the endzone. Batch wouldn't make that throw. And just listening to Ben, there were times he just wasn't seeing guys. I can only think that had to have been caused by his concussion.
    Who Ride?! WE RIDE!!! Long live the Boot!!!

"I'll always be a Steeler" - Joey Porter
    "Once a Steeler, always a Steeler" - Kordell Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think we should make willie parker eat lots and lots of cake so we have a power running game

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by BBC View Post
    Please, do not ever compare Ben to Tommy Maddox again.

Why he has gotten a 'pass' this season?

I don't know, maybe it was those two concussions in just 4 months. Maybe it was that appendectomy that was in between those two concussions.

Or maybe, just maybe, it's because he was the first quarterback to win us a Super Bowl since Terry Bradshaw.

Have a little faith, if Ben has shown anything it's that he always comes back from an injury with rust, but is able to knock it off and be back into form in a week or so.
    It's one thing to come back off an injury with some rust, but we're talking a concussion here and you could see that it wasnt rust this weekend because he shook that off the previous too weaks. It was just flat out poor decision making, staring down his WR's, holding onto the ball too long, taking sacks, not throwing it away, etc.

If this were back in week 1 I wouldnt be nearly as concerned but we're now 2-5 and we're quickly running out of time and excuses to make another comeback.

Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    It's one thing to come back off an injury with some rust, but we're talking a concussion here and you could see that it wasnt rust this weekend because he shook that off the previous too weaks. It was just flat out poor decision making, staring down his WR's, holding onto the ball too long, taking sacks, not throwing it away, etc.
    He had a new injury since the previous two weeks. It's hard to come back after a concussion. He didn't have a full week of practice had some (okay, more than some) rust. Hopefully he knocks it all off for this Sunday.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by BBC View Post
    He had a new injury since the previous two weeks. It's hard to come back after a concussion. He didn't have a full week of practice had some (okay, more than some) rust. Hopefully he knocks it all off for this Sunday.
    I agree BBC I think the concussion played a big part today in Ben's performance. But I also thought since he was cleared to play then he should start. No point in second guessing at this point. It would serve no purpose. The only I'm looking forward the rest of the way. Is Ben finishing the year strong and seeing some of the young players develop. I just think at 2-5 the playoffs are pretty much out of the question. Crazier things have happened in the past in the NFL. But it would take a miracle right now for the Steelers to make the playoffs.

I don't think it was rust, just the effects of his concussion. Either way, hopefully he'll recover for next week. And actually, if we beat the Broncos, this loss is easily forgotten, and there is hope once again.
    Who Ride?! WE RIDE!!! Long live the Boot!!!

"I'll always be a Steeler" - Joey Porter
    "Once a Steeler, always a Steeler" - Kordell Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think we should make willie parker eat lots and lots of cake so we have a power running game

Thread Information